23rd Annual Latin Grammys (17.11.2022) | AGUILERA WON Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album

Moments to remember...
fogsz
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 4

scorpion_bad wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 pm
fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm Remember that in categories like Record Of The Year there's like 10 artist nominated.... Actually this album (commercially) wasn't a sucess, so if she would win many Grammys the latin community will be very mad. Winning 6 grammys and not releasing spanish album in 22 years? And the album its not even released in 100%? This is not a hate post, i'm just worry a little bit. I think that she would win easily Best Mexical especially with Nodal and maybe Best Pop Vocal Album - two and goodbye. But who knows what will happen...
El año pasado ganó Rubén Blades y su álbum solo tuvo 25 millones de stream en Spotify.
english baby (even when im speaking spanish)

but didnt win 6 times or 5 times, even 4 would be too much
dita
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 3

fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm Remember that in categories like Record Of The Year there's like 10 artist nominated.... Actually this album (commercially) wasn't a sucess, so if she would win many Grammys the latin community will be very mad. Winning 6 grammys and not releasing spanish album in 22 years? And the album its not even released in 100%? This is not a hate post, i'm just worry a little bit. I think that she would win easily Best Mexical especially with Nodal and maybe Best Pop Vocal Album - two and goodbye. But who knows what will happen...
these two Latin platinum singles say hello

fogsz
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

dita wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:32 pm

did u see views of Mayores by Becky G?
do u know what means latin platinum (how many copies)? Its nice, but that's not any sucess in era of singles.

I want her to win all of the 6! But i don't want to read the hate of latin community later all around it.
scorpion_bad
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 9

fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:29 pm
El año pasado ganó Rubén Blades y su álbum solo tuvo 25 millones de stream en Spotify.

Esta canción ganó a Song Of year y tiene 6.4 millones de visitas en 5 años. Con la academia nunca se sabe. Solo nos queda cruzar lo dedos y darle las mejores vibras.

dita
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 3

fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:34 pm

do u know what means latin platinum (how many copies)? Its nice, but that's not any sucess in era of singles.

I want her to win all of the 6! But i don't want to read the hate of latin community later all around it.
Who cares about all of this anyway, it is based on the quality of music.

Anyway, we all know she isn't going to sweep all the awards, but she could definitely earn a couple.
fogsz
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

dita wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Who cares about all of this anyway, it is based on the quality of music.

Anyway, we all know she isn't going to sweep all the awards, but she could definitely earn a couple.
barely, Beyonce with 25+ grammys :manson: :manson: :manson: :manson:
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 57

Like I Do wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:27 am

:fairy2:
OMG, This is the kind of content I come here for! WTF !!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 50

You don't want her to win because you do not want the hate YOU THINK she will get. :shook:

You do know the voters are all latin?
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 52

oh shoot, here's a new member trying to school us about Latin Platinum singles having no value.

BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Like I Do wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:27 am

:fairy2:
cc: @Lady Mamacita
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 12

Your argument doesn't make much sense.

If you don't want her to win several Latin GRAMMYs because of hate then what does views have to do with it? Backlash is backlash. :womanshrug:

And to counter-argument this fictional backlash: why shouldn't Christina win several trophies when she hasn't entered the race in 20 freaking years? :rip: Others have had plenty of time to shine during that. Not to mention that Christina hasn't really been overrated in the English GRAMMYs either. One could make justified argument with Beyoncé or Alicia Thieves, but not X.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 40

Are there still Spanish categories in the regular Grammys? 🤔
Lana Del Rey
Like I Do
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 16

Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:03 pm Are there still Spanish categories in the regular Grammys? 🤔
Xtina should be nominated for the Pop Latin Album.

Perhaps PMM for:
Best Pop Duo / Group Performance

Perhaps No Es Que Te Extrañe for:
Best Pop Solo Performance
Best Song For Social Change (new category)

Anyway, one Grammy nomination is almost certain (Best Pop Latin Album)
Luis
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

LMFAO why would the “Latin community” be mad if she wins?
Valentina
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 15

Luis wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:46 pm LMFAO why would the “Latin community” be mad if she wins?
She’s actually pretty well loved and respected in the Latin community and always has been. The only Latinos hating her are the Yo No Sabo Gen Zs who think she is only now recording Spanish music because it’s trendy. These kids didn’t even know she released Mi Reflejó, Somos Novios, Hoy tengo ganas de ti and many other Spanish recordings throughout her career!
:musicwoman: Formerly Known as Ozzy. :musicwoman:
FighterOfX
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 6

La policía del idioma :eyeroll:
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 26

Everyday I get more hope lol.

I mean, we have to think 1) she is a legend and respected in the latin community 2) it's her comeback to Latin music after many years 3) the production of the album is top notch 4) she worked with Rafa Arcaute, winner already as producer 5) she worked with many other talented professionals that are also respected and recognized by the academy 6) the genres of the album, it's not only reggaeton, you have guaracha, ranchera, cumbia, pasillo, tango, urban and more 7) the message of Pa Mis Muchachas is beautiful, a song about strong, confident empowered latin women.

I mean, considering all of this, now I think there's chances for Song of the Year/Record of the Year with Pa Mis Muchachas.

What is Bad Bunny singing about? His 8 inches dick again?
Nottingham
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 68

Christina is a latina, at least, unlike Rosalia.

Worry about that.

scorpion_bad
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Rosalía se llevó todo el oro y plata de mi Lindo Perú. Por eso mamacita tuvo que cruzar la frontera.
scorpion_bad
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Nottingham wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:34 pm
Christina is a latina, at least, unlike Rosalia.

Worry about that.

Rosalía se llevó todo el oro y plata de mi Lindo Perú. Por eso mamacita tuvo que cruzar la frontera.
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 32

Well I hope you do have to read the hate later on after AGUILERA sweeps the Latin Grammys and you will just have to deal! :permaban:
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 32

Luis wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:46 pm LMFAO why would the “Latin community” be mad if she wins?
And how is it any different than the Regular Grammys, when everyone is hating that their faves didn’t get nominated/win???? And then they wanna boycott!!!!
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

XisGonGiveIt2U wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:03 pm
And is it any different than the Regukar Grammys, when everyone is hating that their faves didn’t get nominated/win???? And then they wanna boycott!!!!
The shade is that these boycotts are meaningless bc lbr everybody has been boycotting every award show for like 10 years now. But you know what never happens? These industry insiders never boycott Christy. They definitely fuck around and fail to give her the flowers she has earned and is entitled to, but they will never turn their backs on her because the next thing they know she will show up and show out like she did last night and all of their jobs will be saved. Again. As usual. They know it. She knows it. We know it. Christy is the last great vocalist still standing, and based on this current crop of newcomers, the industry needs to make sure she gets plenty of leafy greens and omega 3s, because she is all they're gonna have for a good long while.
BYC
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 13

“Hate from the Latin community” has me gagging. Christina is not some unknown who popped up and decided to record a Spanish album and received numerous nominations. She is RETURNING to the genre and despite whatever we may think about the rollout or success of the album in numbers - the quality, production, and vocals are all top notch and deserving. She is also CHRISTINA AGUILERA and her name alone carries weight. Let them HATE when they work 20 + years to be the bad bitch she is.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 74

How many times does it have to be said??

NEVER DOUBT CHRISTINA AGUILERA!! First u negative hoes said she had no chance of even being nominated. She landed 7... Now the goal post has moved to well she probably won't win and if she does there will be outrage... Smh. She has a chance at winning all 7 tbh! She's a Legend and an ICON.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

Shut up. The regular Grammy awards always nominated and awarded legacy acts over more current and commercial artists until the 2010’s. There is nothing to be mad about.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

BYC wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:39 pm
“Hate from the Latin community” has me gagging. Christina is not some unknown who popped up and decided to record a Spanish album and received numerous nominations. She is RETURNING to the genre and despite whatever we may think about the rollout or success of the album in numbers - the quality, production, and vocals are all top notch and deserving. She is also CHRISTINA AGUILERA and her name alone carries weight. Let them HATE when they work 20 + years to be the bad bitch she is.
Thank you. Plus she has continued to sing in Spanish over this 2 decade gap. She just didn’t do another album until now.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

NewAgenda wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:18 am
Thank you. Plus she has continued to sing in Spanish over this 2 decade gap. She just didn’t do another album until now.
Ladies, these same girls were hoping Christy would feature Selena Gomez on her Aguilera project because they thought she could use the clout. Pay them no mind whatsoever. :cackle:

BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

NewAgenda wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:18 am
Ladies, these same girls were hoping Christy would feature Selena Gomez on her Aguilera project because they thought she could use the clout. Pay them no mind whatsoever. :cackle:

FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 14

The latin community loves Queen. The only people who would be pissed if she wins more Grammys are those who stan a well known misogynistic racist fatphobic horrible mother narcissist lipsyncer who shits in pools. Facts!