La Luz 1 Song "EP" Out Now!

Moments to remember...
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 18

blangeman wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 am We got 6 music videos. SIX MUSIC VIDEOS. Plenty of Performances. The era lasted almost a WHOLE year and you guys are calling it the messiest era ever? Has anyone forgotten Lotus or Bionic? Those lasted like 1 month . Even Libby didnt do that much more (but at least we got a tour). I know its frustrating calling a 1 song project a EP , you are right for that. But for the whole project im more than happy for what we got😊
This. This project has had its ups and downs. But it's still a great era.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 6

I love PMM, Somos Nada, La Reina and NEQTE, and I like Santo... Sueltame is meh...

As for the videos my favorites are La Reina and Santo and NEQTE... I like PMM but I don't love it as well with SN, the story line is not very well narrated, the styling is not coherent with the song lyrics and its message, but at least it shows that they made an effort and had a bigger budget than other terrible videos like You Lost Me or Accelerate.

The whole era could have been better, she still needs to have an era in the same level as stripped or the debut era as far as visuals. B2B was great but it needed a fith video.

I will be absolutely dissapointed if La Luz only has one song, it's completely ridiculous and stupid, I hope it's not the case and we get at least three more songs, including Lloras por Nada.

And the Rosalia duet that never happened is also disspointing, but I think they just played Nintendo and never did anything, probably because they didn't have time and it's not so easy to make their voices sound good together and create a good song. Anyways, I don't like Rosalia that much so I won't miss it but it would have been cute since she is popular among younger people.
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 6

DevotionHURTS wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:09 am
blangeman wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 am We got 6 music videos. SIX MUSIC VIDEOS. Plenty of Performances. The era lasted almost a WHOLE year and you guys are calling it the messiest era ever? Has anyone forgotten Lotus or Bionic? Those lasted like 1 month . Even Libby didnt do that much more (but at least we got a tour). I know its frustrating calling a 1 song project a EP , you are right for that. But for the whole project im more than happy for what we got😊
This. This project has had its ups and downs. But it's still a great era.
your avi always scares me :monkeysee:
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 7

So are we getting a physical release?
Striptina
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 5

I still cannot believe it has only one song and can only imagine this is how the SM Latin meeting went down. Christina must be truly omnipotent when it comes to her creative decisions and "artistic vision" at this point because what the fuck.
:sparkles: proud stan since 2002 :sparkles:

:sparkles: Xtina is a Lightworker :sparkles:
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 55

I still refuse to believe that the Rosalia song is shelved. They're probably waiting for the right timing (Latin Grammys?), it would have been completely random to release it as part of La Luz now. If they release it before Latin Grammys, will it still be considered as part of AGUILERA? :P Will the latin era extend until spring 2023 (assuming that the rumours for a Latin American tour in early 2023 are true)?
Martin
First Lady
First Lady
Posts in topic: 12

Kataclysm03 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:08 pm It reminds me of BlackPink submiting 1 song singles as albums :fan:
Spoiler
except those were also then wrongly put against actual albums or to claim they/members had "higher/highest" selling albums :lmao:
The reason they can say that about BLACKPINK's singles is because they're released physically as full priced albums with photobooks and individual versions for each girl. :rip: We don't even have a physical release in sight for any EP or AGUILERA. :manson:
Plain Loser
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 11

Of COURSE this is the best era we've had since BTB. It's lasted longer than a month and we've actually had videos. And most importantly, a brilliant new collection of songs.

But there's no denying it's been a mess. Both states can be true.
Maleficent
Bionic Supersonic
Bionic Supersonic
Posts in topic: 1

Will it really be only 1 song? I refuse to believe that
Legend
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

I totally get the frustration, but if you really think about it, the era has been great. Unless you stan an artist like Adele or Billie, it’s difficult for a pop girl’s era to be a phenomenal success. Even with Adele or Billie, all that the general public will know about their releases is what they stumble across on YouTube or what they hear on the radio. These days, artists really only have to release music and visuals for fans to enjoy. Christina really did that this era. Not to mention she toured and released six videos. There is definitely more to come before the Grammys. Perhaps a CMDLG or Brujeria video?

I also like the 12-track standard album. Each song is highly polished and adds value and dimension to the overall project. Nothing feels rushed or like an afterthought (except maybe the two versions of the same track). X released a high quality project with the goal of reconnecting to her Ecuadorian roots, and she truly succeeded. The seven Grammy nominations reflect the quality of her work.

I think we have to accept that Christina’s future releases will be more casual. She releases on her own schedule, and when the music arrives, it is a treat. She could just hide away in her mansion, but look at her: she’s releasing epic music while maintaining her mental health and finding balance with her family. That’s what she needs to sustain herself.

I know people will criticize and demand release dates, explanations for the 1-track EP, and a new concert set list. But guess what? We’re not going to get it. Enjoy what Christina has to give us. She’s working hard and doesn’t owe us anything else.
SweetSurrender
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 3

We’ve had more songs & videos & performances this era than any for a while & people are STILL moaning?! Jeez. Give it up. I can’t understand why some of you are still here cos whatever she does, you’re never satisfied. I’m bored of hearing it so why aren’t you bored of her already? Do you live just to troll? Fucking hell.
Met X 14/11/19 in Birmingham, UK.
ClairBoyant
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 10

The PMM/La Fuerza rollout was great! They could’ve just followed that exact formula for the other EPs but whatever

I’ve just accepted there is no plan or strategy. They make things up as they go along and call it a ‘surprise’ when something drops

The music is EXCELLENT, we have great visuals and performances! We haven’t had that in, like, over a decade so I’m a happy stan!
Kataclysm03
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

Martin wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:42 am
Kataclysm03 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:08 pm It reminds me of BlackPink submiting 1 song singles as albums :fan:
Spoiler
except those were also then wrongly put against actual albums or to claim they/members had "higher/highest" selling albums :lmao:
The reason they can say that about BLACKPINK's singles is because they're released physically as full priced albums with photobooks and individual versions for each girl. :rip: We don't even have a physical release in sight for any EP or AGUILERA. :manson:
That's kind of my point. :fan: I meant their solo work, though (not member ver covers), that this is similar, except even as their reasons and way of doing it is awkward, there still a reason we get they do it.

As you said though, at least they still also put out physicals even when doing so, and more direct about things (eg. release, tracklist or at least amount). This, La Luz, is just confusing.
2020s 💿
BoA Better, The Greatest, Forgive Me *new* | Xtina AGUILERA | Miyavi Holy 🎸Nights⚡, Imaginary
+
Ha:tfelt 1719 | Dua Future Nostalgia | JoJo Trying Not To Think About It
Thiago
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 4

I co-sign on this. I really enjoyed this project from start to finish!
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 21

Good to see this rejoice #AGUILERA
Donatello
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 2

You know what this era needs? A few more HQ televised performances with full live vocals. I know we got two live shows in HQ in the past year, but the vocals were not so good.
Kataclysm03
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

If all else fails, regarding physicals there are these :cry:

Some places are selling fan made cds.
2020s 💿
BoA Better, The Greatest, Forgive Me *new* | Xtina AGUILERA | Miyavi Holy 🎸Nights⚡, Imaginary
+
therealthing
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 2

I just wanted a Bad Bunny collab..
Faithy
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter

This era has been so much fun. I loved the idea of EPs every quarter and of course all the music videos and one off performances. The Latin Grammys nominations were a bonus. So I am very happy, however being that it's her first latin album in 20+ years I think it would be CRIMINAL if she doesn't do a latin tour. That would be so hurtful to the latin supporters, imo. I really hope she has one planned for early 2023.
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 7

Im only mad there are no physicals yet, I love the photoshoot for this album and the music is good.
FREAKAZOID
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Only one song and 1 intro for LA LUZ!? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF
M
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 4

I am so happy she released a one song EP, Extrañe has so many flavours and different layers to it, that it feels like it's 5 songs in 1.. It's a long track too. Christina hit 2 birds with one stone. Very smart of her.

I also love that there's no physical release.. Our girl is keeping up with the times, and wants her grumpy old middle-aged fans to accept and adapt to streaming tracks, and stop nagging about a dead platform.
Almost gone.
XtinaDaily
VIP '23
VIP '23

Kataclysm03 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:08 pm If all else fails, regarding physicals there are these :cry:

Some places are selling fan made cds.
This is illegal. If there were real fans, they wouldn't sell her music.
忠 勇 真 www.xtinadaily.com :sparkles: Christina Aguilera Discord Server: https://discord.gg/k66VvFcAjF subreddit: https://twitter.com/XtinaDaiIy :lit:
FREAKAZOID
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

M wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am I am so happy she released a one song EP, Extrañe has so many flavours and different layers to it, that it feels like it's 5 songs in 1.. It's a long track too. Christina hit 2 birds with one stone. Very smart of her.

I also love that there's no physical release.. Our girl is keeping up with the times, and wants her grumpy old middle-aged fans to accept and adapt to streaming tracks, and stop nagging about a dead platform.
I want a physical release to have the Cd with my Xtina collection...
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

M wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am I am so happy she released a one song EP, Extrañe has so many flavours and different layers to it, that it feels like it's 5 songs in 1.. It's a long track too. Christina hit 2 birds with one stone. Very smart of her.

bionicDied4UrSins
VIP '23
VIP '23

oh please. iTunes is more of a dead platform than physicals. even Taylor Swift, the most streamed woman on earth, relies on collectible Vinyl releases to sell and chart high.
Xtina isn't a streaming artist, like at all. Aguilera's album tracks are literally pulling 4 digit daily streams. :rip:
Supernova.
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

It really doesn’t feel like the best way to end the album. I love the content on La Laz so far, but it feels like it’s building up grand end to the album. There has to be more!
iosoke
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 8

They could easily release a limited amount of la luz on her website..they don't need to release it in the stores....

*Aguilera
Last edited by iosoke on Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kataclysm03
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

iosoke wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:23 pm They could easily release a limited amount of la luz on her website..they don't need to release it in the stores....
*limited amount of Aguilera

We don't need the only physical to be of a 1 song "ep" or single :fan:
2020s 💿
+
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

iosoke wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:23 pm They could easily release a limited amount of la luz on her website..they don't need to release it in the stores....

*Aguilera
Yeah that's what I wrote before. They can always release the physical album (CD, vinyl) exclusively via her website OR have a special edition on her CA store and release the standard edition of AGUILERA in Latin America/Spain/United States. Honestly, it's so simple.. I bet there's a plan to release it physically (I refuse to believe it won't be) but they're waiting for the hype/interviews and media attention from Latin Grammys + promo for the Latin American tour next year.