23rd Annual Latin Grammys (17.11.2022) | AGUILERA WON Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album

Moments to remember...
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 28

fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:34 pm
dita wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:32 pm
fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm Remember that in categories like Record Of The Year there's like 10 artist nominated.... Actually this album (commercially) wasn't a sucess, so if she would win many Grammys the latin community will be very mad. Winning 6 grammys and not releasing spanish album in 22 years? And the album its not even released in 100%? This is not a hate post, i'm just worry a little bit. I think that she would win easily Best Mexical especially with Nodal and maybe Best Pop Vocal Album - two and goodbye. But who knows what will happen...
these two Latin platinum singles say hello

did u see views of Mayores by Becky G?
do u know what means latin platinum (how many copies)? Its nice, but that's not any sucess in era of singles.

I want her to win all of the 6! But i don't want to read the hate of latin community later all around it.
Then don't go on those sites :facepalmwoman:

Grammy's are supposed to be based on quality not quantity of sales and AGUILERA is ambitious and quality.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 50

Lotus wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:01 am

do u know what means latin platinum (how many copies)? Its nice, but that's not any sucess in era of singles.

I want her to win all of the 6! But i don't want to read the hate of latin community later all around it.
Then don't go on those sites :facepalmwoman:

Grammy's are supposed to be based on quality not quantity of sales and AGUILERA is ambitious and quality.
Don’t bother replying. That’s a previously permabanned troll who, like Britney’s obsession, kept on coming back to this site with a different name.
Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

She's the sweetest

Milan
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 2

She's soooo cute and gorgeous too!
Luv2LuvUxxx
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 10

She’s such a sweet person isn’t she? Beautiful inside and out. You can tell she truly truly truly admires and adores Christina.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 52

Jamert wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:24 pm She's the sweetest

We love you, Niece, but Nathy is still the crown princess and heiress apparent out of the Muchachas. :shook:
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

Jamert wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:24 pm She's the sweetest

Becky is so pretty and Christina’s true celebrity daughter.
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 64

Can someone translate what she said in the first half? I kinda got the gist of it from taking Spanish in high school and college, but it's been a minute. Thank you in advance!
Nottingham
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 68

Mr. X wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:23 pm Can someone translate what she said in the first half? I kinda got the gist of it from taking Spanish in high school and college, but it's been a minute. Thank you in advance!
While she didn't forget her roots, she wasn't comfortable expressing herself in Spanish. Christina was one of the first Latin American artists she was aware of (and could relate to) and her album was the first one she bought. She was singing her Spanish songs. The album she bought had CA on one side, and Mi Reflejo on the other.
Last edited by Nottingham on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 55

Becky G deserves her success, she hopefully will see continued success since that girl is a workhorse - definitely gives me debutina vibes in how she is fking everywhere and on everything.
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

Nottingham wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:43 pm
Mr. X wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:23 pm Can someone translate what she said in the first half? I kinda got the gist of it from taking Spanish in high school and college, but it's been a minute. Thank you in advance!
While she didn't forget her roots, she wasn't comfortable expressing herself in Spanish. Christina was one of the first Latin American artists she was aware of (and could relate to) and her album was the first one she bought. She was singing her Spanish songs. The album she bought had CA on one side, and Mi Reflejo on the other.
Thank you!
Seeing the translation in writing and listening against what you wrote put it in better perspective. :cupid:
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 52

Becky is the proof blessedtina exists.
iosoke
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 7

How many of these categories will be broadcasted live?
#promo
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

^We most likely will not know until the day-of. They'll do the pre-ceremony beforehand and by the end of that we'll be able to deduce what's left. They typically air about 8-10 awards for the night (that includes AOTY, SOTY, ROTY & BNA).
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

Praying AGUILERA and the nominated songs take some home, I just think the material stands out as some of her best.
cruzhuang
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 7

Please win for album of the year.
It means a lot to her.
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 57

fogsz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm Remember that in categories like Record Of The Year there's like 10 artist nominated.... Actually this album (commercially) wasn't a sucess, so if she would win many Grammys the latin community will be very mad. Winning 6 grammys and not releasing spanish album in 22 years? And the album its not even released in 100%? This is not a hate post, i'm just worry a little bit. I think that she would win easily Best Mexical especially with Nodal and maybe Best Pop Vocal Album - two and goodbye. But who knows what will happen...
lol no one is going to be mad girl :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :roll:
Last edited by VenusAsABoy on Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 21

Did Christian Nodal get any other nominations? Has he mentioned her or even posted about the song?
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

Pretty Boy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:12 pm Did Christian Nodal get any other nominations? Has he mentioned her or even posted about the song?
He is nominated in the same category as "Cuando Me Dé La Gana" with another song. He's also up for Best Ranchero/Mariachi Album.

His IG looks like it was wiped recently (probably about to start a new era). He doesn't appear to be active on Twitter that much, so I'm guessing probably not? Unless he posted on IG in a story that we didn't catch.
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

I'm sorry, Christian Nodal is TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD? When I first heard this I thought he was some old Latin legend I'd been sleeping on. He has the vocal timbre of someone in their 40's or 50's.
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 55

Mr. X wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:22 pm I'm sorry, Christian Nodal is TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD? When I first heard this I thought he was some old Latin legend I'd been sleeping on. He has the vocal timbre of someone in their 40's or 50's.
Oh yeah he's young. When he leaked that he was doing the duet he was like "I don't know her but my uncle is a huge fan" :rip:

He was 1 year old when Mi Reflejo was ripping up the spanish charts lol
H2o
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 21

Winner voting closes today!
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 15

https://variety.com/2022/music/awards/b ... 235398873/

Variety names Xtina as one to watch out at the Latin Grammys.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 50

electronicsupersonic wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:05 pm https://variety.com/2022/music/awards/b ... 235398873/

“the Ecuadorian-American pop idol comes full circle” :shook:

Xtina’s team behind this article? :shook:
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 17

electronicsupersonic wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:05 pm https://variety.com/2022/music/awards/b ... 235398873/

OMG!!
BSquared
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 2

“Xtina’s Triumphant Return” by VARIETY is a nice read for a stan.
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 18

That's a weird ass example. Becky G hasn't won any Latin Grammys despite the success she had with that song, and she's not nearly as influential to Latin pop as Christina was.

Also, Latin Grammys aren't usually about success. Some winners of Album of the Year and Song of the Year were barely popular, and they're rarely even the most popular artists. Sometimes a random artist wins in various categories, even legacy acts win sometimes out of the blue. Like Luis Miguel with a traditional Mexican album, or Vicentico with a rock album, or Alejandro Sanz with a pop album. And these are people with decades in the industry.

So no, it's not usually about sales, and it's not usually about popularity. Christina has both and she's extremely loved in Latin America, so nobody would hate on her.

Also, the fact that she hasn't released an album in Spanish in 22 years is pointless. Christina's albums, even the ones in English, are ALWAYS on top of the charts in Latin America. Even Bionic went straight up to #1 in Mexico, Argentina and other countries. So people support her regardless.
Last edited by Thainus on Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jmarc
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 11

She will win, not because of her legacy, but because Aguilera, and the singles, aren’t catered to what is popular at the moment, but because she has diversity, show me one artist that has reggueton, ballad and ranchera on the same record. Not even Rosalia’s album can compete with what Aguilera is.

I said what I said. Fight me! (Won’t care though)
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 74

As this gets closer I'm getting more confident in her winning... I think she'll win multiple.
scorpion_bad
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 9

¿Odio a xtina si gana latín grammy? Ay por favor, la única que odiarian eso son los fans confundidos de Britney que siguen aquí. Cuando Nelly Furtado lo ganó en el 2009 con un disco bueno pero con serios problemas de dicción. Nadie dijo nada. Que "Pero me acuerdo de ti" tenga casi 500 millones de visitas es muestra claro que la mujer tiene un legado en la música latina.
Nadie apostaba por sus nominaciónes. Y ganó. Nadie ahora puesta porque se lleve uno. Y volverá a callar bocas. El talento siempre gana.