La Luz 1 Song "EP" Out Now!

Moments to remember...
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 4

Why is everyone throwing in the towel as if this era has ended?! She could possible switching things up and be thinking of releasing a second Spanish album back to back, for all we know! That said, I appreciate her giving us a lot of material with the content, quality photos and quality music videos, and good quality music (some of her best!) but she just needs to work on the promotion side of things. We need consistent promo for more than 2-3 weeks at a time, then she can’t disappear for a couple of months and return! It makes no sense! And the promo we did have, didn’t exactly align with the Spanish album! And for god sake’s get a new repertoire! I have seen her 6 times in the past 4 years, for 3 different shows, and there was very little variation. So, I think she needs to work on that. That said, I enjoyed all the live concerts! ❤️
M
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

bionicDied4UrSins wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:34 pm
M wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am I am so happy she released a one song EP, Extrañe has so many flavours and different layers to it, that it feels like it's 5 songs in 1.. It's a long track too. Christina hit 2 birds with one stone. Very smart of her.

I also love that there's no physical release.. Our girl is keeping up with the times, and wants her grumpy old middle-aged fans to accept and adapt to streaming tracks, and stop nagging about a dead platform.

oh please. iTunes is more of a dead platform than physicals. even Taylor Swift, the most streamed woman on earth, relies on collectible Vinyl releases to sell and chart high.
Xtina isn't a streaming artist, like at all. Aguilera's album tracks are literally pulling 4 digit daily streams. :rip:
ROTFL at you acting like Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Deezer and all the other massive streaming platforms don't exist.. I said STREAMING, I didn't say another dead platform aka iTunes. Reading is whaaaaaat? FUNDAMENTAL.

and ROTFL at Taylor depending on vinyls to sell. She's a streaming MONSTER; and also please let's not give her an example, she's actually a monster in anything she farts out to the public. We are not in that league and well, as a fighter, I am happy with where X is at.

You fans are so in denial that you'll start lying and believing your own lies because of how desperate you are.
Almost gone.
Neutral
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 3

There’s a video she shot with her producers at the same time La Reina was shot so I’m sure we’ll see it. I think the era is on pause but will continue, or maybe she’ll just go straight into her follow up Spanish release since she got all that Latin Grammy love and that could mean bigger collaboration with additional artists.
FREAKAZOID
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 5

Neutral wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:43 am There’s a video she shot with her producers at the same time La Reina was shot so I’m sure we’ll see it. I think the era is on pause but will continue, or maybe she’ll just go straight into her follow up Spanish release since she got all that Latin Grammy love and that could mean bigger collaboration with additional artists.
Omg and remember the director mentioning something coming out for Halloween !?!?
Lament
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 20

FREAKAZOID wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:33 am
Neutral wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:43 am There’s a video she shot with her producers at the same time La Reina was shot so I’m sure we’ll see it. I think the era is on pause but will continue, or maybe she’ll just go straight into her follow up Spanish release since she got all that Latin Grammy love and that could mean bigger collaboration with additional artists.
Omg and remember the director mentioning something coming out for Halloween !?!?
He said "by Halloween" I think.

We were so spoilt with music videos this era and we've never seen the look with the red hair tied back and the black and flowery dress again, so I'm sure it's for an unreleased video that we'll get soon. La Reina was released very randomly so they could probably do the same for this one. I hope it's for Brujeria, so that she can get a small seasonal hit every year. I don't want it to be for Cuando Me De La Gana, except if it's the duet version (it would be great for the Grammy campaign) but I don't think Christian Nodal was there!

Or why not both? :manshrug:
lurk
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

I actually rewatched all the videos again in a row and they sort of do still follow a storyline (even with santo) that was hard for me to follow piece meal.

PMM: Head honcho of a mob. There's a guy who betrays her and she had feelings for.
Somos Nada: She murders him and feels bad about it.
Santo: she has maybe a weird fever dream about him and maybe feeling guilty about it
Sueltame: she can't trust anyone on her team anymore and tini kills her
Rumored brujeria video: she's dead and comes back as a witch.

La reina: idk a nice little detour / unrelated to the storyline.

Or maybe I'm just forcing a story throughout all the videos (especially santo and sueltame) where one doesn't exist lol.

Either way love that we've gotten so spoiled with visuals - though the choice to make this entire era one "complete" storyline about a mob boss definitely feels like a choice...storytelling wise.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 23

FREAKAZOID wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:33 am
Oh I see why cvip insists on a special project for halloween :drunk:
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

a Brujeria music video with the mexican day of the dead theme would be great tbh.
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 21

Stop setting ourselves for disappointment, this is it! Like it or not, this is the end. Mi gente Latina will be blessed if she has a mini tour in store, but I highly doubt it.

Anyways, I wanted more music from La Luz but it is what it is..
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 8

lurk wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:51 am I actually rewatched all the videos again in a row and they sort of do still follow a storyline (even with santo) that was hard for me to follow piece meal.

PMM: Head honcho of a mob. There's a guy who betrays her and she had feelings for.
Santo: she has maybe a weird fever dream about him and maybe feeling guilty about it

Or maybe I'm just forcing a story throughout all the videos (especially santo and sueltame) where one doesn't exist lol.

Either way love that we've gotten so spoiled with visuals - though the choice to make this entire era one "complete" storyline about a mob boss definitely feels like a choice...storytelling wise.
Wait, what? :cackle:
lurk
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Pretty Boy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:24 pm
lurk wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:51 am I actually rewatched all the videos again in a row and they sort of do still follow a storyline (even with santo) that was hard for me to follow piece meal.

Wait, what? :cackle:
I mean I'm pretty sure she was the one that poisoned her! Lol wasn't she???
Thiago
VIP '21
VIP '21

The title change. :rip:
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 1

So if we go by 1500 paid streams, she is selling 100 albums per day on Spotify and if we go by 3750 unpaid streams then she is selling 40 albums per day on Spotify. That’s um wow.
"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Kataclysm03
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 10

There's actually two videos in the tweet, but only one shows here; one is in English and the other is in Spanish.
2020s 💿
BoA Better, The Greatest, Forgive Me *new* | Xtina AGUILERA | Miyavi Holy 🎸Nights⚡, Imaginary
+
Ha:tfelt 1719 | Dua Future Nostalgia | JoJo Trying Not To Think About It
Darling Nikki
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

There's only one song in this EP? lmfao
FREAKAZOID
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Darling Nikki wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:20 pm There's only one song in this EP? lmfao
Two. The intro counts too :rip:
saintX_stripped
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 39

Now people on twitter saying deluxe version will include 4 bonus track

:ziggy: :ziggy:
saintX_stripped
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 39

FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

So La Luz has 6 tracks. They released 2 tracks digitally, and they will release the remaining 4 with the physical album.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 10

Alo
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

FullCircle wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:28 pm So La Luz has 6 tracks. They released 2 tracks digitally, and they will release the remaining 4 with the physical album.
How do you know it has 6 tracks?
Alo
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

saintX_stripped wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:07 pm
But this is just a random twitter account?

Hmm...its not clicking for me...I dont get it. Why would there be a deluxe edition instead of justhaving the extra songs released along with the album? Deluxe editions werr to increase sales during the digital/physical era
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

Alo wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:57 pm
FullCircle wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:28 pm So La Luz has 6 tracks. They released 2 tracks digitally, and they will release the remaining 4 with the physical album.
How do you know it has 6 tracks?
I meant, based on the twitter rumors...
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

NewAgenda wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:49 pm
Christina’s career has been one of reinvention, no doubt pushed into corners by an industry that has historically failed women. She rose to fame during one of the harshest periods for women and queer people in pop, shamed and judged for their looks, their behaviours, their talent. Women of the 1990s were deemed as too slutty, too frigid, too skinny, too fat. Being ‘Latina enough’ has also come into question. Part of it is language, that if you don’t don’t speak fluently, can you really call yourself a Latina? Although Christina was criticised for not sounding or looking Latina, she seems to have moved past this, while Black Latin communities continue to face ruthless discrimination for not fitting into a single homogenous image of what ‘Latin identity’ is.
Interesting read :piano:
jayson_btcb
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 3

Why add songs to an albun that wont be nominated again? Just finish the era and release a new EP/album with the leftovers after grammys to take advantage of th hype. and that for sure will get nominated again for the next grammys.
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

jayson_btcb wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:20 pm Why add songs to an albun that wont be nominated again? Just finish the era and release a new EP/album with the leftovers after grammys to take advantage of th hype. and that for sure will get nominated again for the next grammys.
1. If true, maybe Queen sent the full album exclusevely to the Grammy voters along with a basket of fun wine bottles.

2. It's only a rumor for now. It hasn't been confirmed. The physical release might include NO new tracks.
Last edited by FullCircle on Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
XtinaStripped
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

Not according to Amazon.. I mean I hope so but yh.. Expect the unexpected.. aka nothing.
XTINA1AGUILERA
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Maybe the Spanish version of beautiful
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 7

XTINA1AGUILERA wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:29 pm Maybe the Spanish version of beautiful
Hermose (Inclusive language mandatory now)
dideyers
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

:o