[LIPSYNCHING SWAMPCUNT THREAD] 2002 or 2022? Life in shambles, her sons hate her, obsessed with Christy

Moments to forget...
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 120

Thank you, Binty :love:
FREAKAZOID
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 21

Now those fans will stop with the comparison. Good for her !!
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 91

She should retire and live her best life, with the occasional well managed performance for the fun of it
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 2

Britney Spears has finally confirmed what fans have long suspected: She wants out.

Out of her conservatorship, out of her care appointments as currently structured, out of paying the people — presumably her conservators — who tell her “no” all the time.

“I truly believe this conservatorship is abusive,” the pop star said Wednesday during a court appearance via telephone for a hearing in her case. “I want to end the conservatorship without being evaluated.”

Speaking rapidly and occasionally losing her place in her prepared notes, Spears shared her version of the events of the past two years or so, since she last addressed the court.

I will be honest with you — I haven’t been back to court in a long time because I don’t think I was heard on any level when I came to court,” the singer said, talking about her 2019 appearance at a closed hearing.

Spears said she lied the last time she was in court when she said she was happy.

Now I’m telling the truth, OK, I’m not happy. I’m so angry it’s insane, and I’m depressed. I cry every day,” she said. All the state of California seemed able to do, she said, was to hire people using her money to complicate her life.

The hearing was held in person at Stanley Mosk Courthouse in downtown L.A., with an overflow room holding additional spectators. Spears appeared via telephone, while the attorneys and others involved with the conservatorship appeared via video. The singer’s parents also attended virtually.

Spears talked about rehearsals ahead of her canceled Vegas residency where “I wasn’t good — I was great,” teaching 16 dancers at a time. But she said her manager had told a different tale, saying she wasn’t taking her medication and wasn’t cooperating in rehearsals. When she was told she didn’t have to do an upcoming Las Vegas show, she said it was like having “200 pounds” lifted off her.

But a few days later, she said, her doctor put her on lithium, a medication that made her feel “drunk.” And nobody would help her, she said. Rather, there were all sorts of new people in her home, she had no privacy, and she wasn’t allowed to leave.

“Not only did my family not do a God— thing,” Spears said, “my dad was all for it. Anything that happened to me had to be approved by my dad,” who she said acted like he didn’t know about any of it. She eventually sat through a psychiatric evaluation, she said, and was told she would have to go to a small rehab facility in Beverly Hills.

Spears said her father “loved the control he had over me” at times. “He loved it.”

She also took issue with how her conservatorship was handling her therapy appointments, saying she was being forced to go into areas where she was “exposed” to paparazzi and the like when she’d rather do therapy from home. She also expressed a desire to have her IUD removed so she could try to have another child but said her team wouldn’t let her do that.

Spears said she had been unaware that she had the right to petition to end the conservatorship and apologized for her ignorance. Later, her court-appointed attorney, Samuel Ingham III, said he would do whatever his client requested of him.

The pop star, who has tens of millions of followers on social media and an estimated $60 million in her estate, has been operating under the restrictions of the conservatorship since the beginning of 2008. After she was held twice for mental evaluations following erratic behavior, her father, Jamie Spears, was — at his request — given temporary control over her person and her finances.

The conservatorship was made permanent later that year, despite its unusual nature. Conservatorships — also known as legal guardianships — are designed to protect people who cannot take care of themselves, such as the elderly, infirm and mentally disabled.

But Spears worked almost nonstop for a decade after hers was implemented: Her last public performance was on tour in late 2018, then she pulled out of a potentially lucrative Las Vegas residency in 2019 before it opened. She said recently on Instagram that she had “no idea” whether she would ever perform again.

This was sad to read live on twitter, at the same time good to see Britney fighting back strong, hope she gets her freedom back, no one deserves to be treated like that!

------------

30.6. Judge denied her request to have her father removed as conservator

3.7. The New Yorker investigation
Last edited by Data on Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Addicted
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 42

Was tearing up at work the entire time. I am so proud of her for speaking up but it also broke my heart to hear her side of the story.
Martin
First Lady
First Lady
Posts in topic: 5

I read the full transcript. What they've done to this woman is diabolical and so so so evil. I feel so badly for her. I truly hope she gets the freedom she deserves.
Tink.
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 16

I never heard such a terrible thing. Forcing her to have an IUD and not letting her have it out??? What in the seven hells barbaric shit is that? Jesus I feel bad for her. I know that she had her issues and things were a mess back when, but this is all WAY beyond. i've never been a fan but but I'm joining the #FreeBritney movement.
ziggy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 30

this is all so sad. Like, I don't know what they should do to help her but they have kept her alive for all these years and she hasn't done anything like drive around w/ her kids in her lap or anything in all that time... Anyway, if they grant her "freedom" and something terrible happens, the fans/world are still gonna blame her dad.

hoping for the best and that Britney gets some peace and help.
rockyroad
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 3

Must be scary to be forced to be on a drug and not be able to go to your family for help

The one good thing in all of this is it’s now proven her relationship with her boyfriend is real, I thought it was fake. At least she has him for support.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 92

I have no words.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

exactly.
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 16

I felt so bad reading the transcript. It's clear she is not mentally well, but the way she has been handled is just Inhuman. It's a very delicate situation, but at least she is being heard now.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 179

I hope they let Britney live her life.

If she needs help, I hope she is able to get it.

But forcing her to do things, is a big NO for me.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

this is like handmade's tale....and remember they would NEVER do this to a man.
NIGHTMARE©
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 87

Here’s the full audio of the speech:

Solidlink
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

This is so sad. I hope she gets her freedom back.
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 113

Fuck, that birth control bit had me speechless, how can that even be allowed?!

She is a prisoner, literally.

Diabolical and sick
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 194

I’m so heartbroken.

This is beyond sick.
The full transcript.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/bri ... 235003940/

I pray to God they don’t suicide her. My teen idol. 😭
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

A lightly edited transcript of Britney Spears’ statement follows. It includes run-on sentences and unclear statements, but the context seems relevant:

I just got a new phone, and I have a lot to say, so bear with me. Basically, a lot has happened since two years ago… I wrote all this down.

The last time I was in court, I will be honest with you. I haven’t been back to court in a long time, because I don’t think I was heard on any level when I came to court the last time. I brought four sheets of paper in my hands and wrote in length what I had been through the last four months before I came there. The people who did that to me should not be able to walk away so easily. I’ll recap. I was on tour in 2018. I was forced to do. My management said if I don’t do this tour, I will have to —

JUDGE: I hate to interrupt you, but my court reporter is asking, you have to speak a little more slowly.

Oh, of course. Yes. Okay. The people who did this to me should not be able to walk away so easily. To recap: I was on tour in 2018. I was forced to do. My management said if I don’t do this tour, I will have to find an attorney. My own management could sue me if I didn’t follow through with the tour. He handed me a sheet of paper as I got off the stage in Vegas and said I had to sign it. It was very threatening and scary. And with the conservatorship, I couldn’t even get my own attorney. So out of fear, I went ahead and I did the tour.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Three days later, after I said no to Vegas, my therapist sat me down in a room and said he had a million phone calls about how I was not cooperating in rehearsals, and I haven’t been taking my medication. All this was false — he immediately, the next day, put me on lithium out of nowhere. He took me off my normal meds I’ve been on for five years. And lithium is a very, very strong and completely different medication compared to what I was used to. You can go mentally impaired if you take too much, if you stay on it longer than five months. But he put me on that and I felt drunk. I couldn’t even have a conversation with my mom or dad really about anything. I told him I was scared, and my doctor had me on six different nurses with this new medication, come to my home, stay with me to monitor me on this new medication, which I never wanted to be on to begin with. There were six different nurses in my home and they wouldn’t let me get in my car to go anywhere for a month.

💔💔💔💔💔😞😞😞😞😞
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

The full transcript is so fucking heartbreaking.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

ziggy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:25 pm this is all so sad. Like, I don't know what they should do to help her but they have kept her alive for all these years and she hasn't done anything like drive around w/ her kids in her lap or anything in all that time... Anyway, if they grant her "freedom" and something terrible happens, the fans/world are still gonna blame her dad.

She definitely needs (lifetime I believe) assistance/help and medication. On the transcript she sounds extremely nervous and manic. The issue is that not only are her current caretakers fucking her up mentally, they’re also stealing her fortune. It’s so so sad.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

NIGHTMARE© wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:51 pm Here’s the full audio of the speech:

Is it her voice? I’m going to end up crying
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 20

They have her prisoner, it’s so sad. No one wants her to get better, they just want the cash cow to keep going. She should be allowed to not work and instead just work on herself and heal from all her trauma
Martin
First Lady
First Lady

HRH Lady Mamacita wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Is it her voice? I’m going to end up crying
Yep, it's a full 20 minutes of her explaining all the atrocities they've subjected her to. It's honestly so tough to read, I couldn't even listen to it. She's so strong for coming forward about this and keeping her composure. I don't know how she kept it together. You can feel how angry she is.
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 65

Wow she sounds normal in this and not like she does in those weird Instagram posts.
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 65

HRH Lady Mamacita wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 pm
ziggy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:25 pm this is all so sad. Like, I don't know what they should do to help her but they have kept her alive for all these years and she hasn't done anything like drive around w/ her kids in her lap or anything in all that time... Anyway, if they grant her "freedom" and something terrible happens, the fans/world are still gonna blame her dad.

She definitely needs (lifetime I believe) assistance/help and medication. On the transcript she sounds extremely nervous and manic. The issue is that not only are her current caretakers fucking her up mentally, they’re also stealing her fortune. It’s so so sad.
She sounds normal compared to how she sounds on her Instagram posts
Caviar
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 6

Christina needs to make a statement on this. She's one of the few people who literally grew up with her and knows what she's going thru.
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 45

The details of her conservatorship were the most shocking. How this woman has managed to hold her composure for over a decade is unreal. I was convinced she was ok when she herself has insisted it before, but it was clearly all a ruse. Her tone and demeanor sounded so different from those Instagram videos. It was very brave of her to come forward publicly and I’m so glad she did. I hope this is the turning point in her case and she finally gets her freedom.
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 13

Caviar wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:54 pm Christina needs to make a statement on this. She's one of the few people who literally grew up with her and knows what she's going thru.
No, she doesn't have to. Maybe sending a tweet and that would be it.