Christina performing at Hollywood Bowl this summer!

Moments to remember...
Creek
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 34

dita wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:09 pm That orchestral introduction to 'Beautiful' was amazing!

The opening was gorgeous too

Fuck I have been dying to experience her At Last version but never got a chance to. It must be truly an out of body Xperience :shook:
The opening of the show is exactly how I thought the whole thing would be. I didn’t expect dancers tbh
Last edited by Creek on Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 27

Sapphire wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:26 am Aguilera Online said that Jordan was there
D…ad! :shook:
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

janvinron wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:00 am There were no cameras around right? :shook:
WHAT?!!!
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 29

Leon wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:27 pm This is the last pass she gets on the whole reintroduction shit cause bitch been reintroducing herself for the last 3 years.
At least she didn’t release a song called “Let me reintroduce myself” and it completely flopping.
"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

JcSoblue wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:22 am Jordan bratman was there
[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
Crying in homo.
All my daddy issues have been triggered.
I love them for being friends so much.
Oh Christina :shook: she really is THE BEST.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 70

I should have known better than to come back in this thread. :rip: I can only assume the girls in here complaining were not at the show last night. Because let me assure you, from the elderly billionaires down to the many children and tweens I saw, everybody who witnessed this performance was amazed and left feeling satisfied. You would have had to put in some HARD work not to be happy and enjoy the moment... kinda like y'all are doing in here right now.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Giftence wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:44 am Jordan attended with Max

I wonder if Jordan’s big cock still gets a little hard whenever the opening note of ANOM comes out.

CC: @Nottingham
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 62

BaeTine wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:39 pm I should have known better than to come back in this thread. :rip: I can only assume the girls in here complaining were not at the show last night. Because let me assure you, from the elderly billionaires down to the many children and tweens I saw, everybody who witnessed this performance was amazed and left feeling satisfied. You would have had to put in some HARD work not to be happy and enjoy the moment... kinda like y'all are doing in here right now.
It wasn't Christina's fault.

Some people just like to complain...
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
Luis
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 13

She sounded great and looked beautiful!

Weird setlist, was expecting so much more. The clip of her saying she had to think hard about the set list when it was her usual one. For some reason I was expecting deepcuts and classical covers lol delusional me. But that’s just me as a fan, I’m sure being there was another experience.

And I would have liked more interaction with the philharmonic and Gustavo. They weren’t just a backing band.
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 29

There are two specific songs towards the end of Lotus that many of you need to listen to…. Can you guess which ones?
"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Goddess
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Here's my quick review from the show:

She looked amazing. I could feel the confidence radiating from her. I got the sense that she is finally secure with herself. She legit strolled back and forth with so much grown woman swag. I just loved seeing this version of her. It's my first time seeing her since the Stripped tour. She has honestly inspired me to get my shit together. 🤣

I loved the stage set up and the theatrics. Opening with "At Last" was such a moment. I wish the orchestra actually performed the opening music but I was impressed that she didn't overdo it vocally like on the Stripped tour. Moving forward, there were some nice moments but the (short and lackluster) setlist left much to be desired.😫 I've only seen a few clips from the recent tours but even I could tell the show was just a rehash of those tours. This is why I was hoping she'd do ballads and midtempos only. She always talks about "changing it up" but last night's effort was...minimum.

I've noticed for quite sometime now that she caters to casual fans who like the hits. What about the "day 1s"? Give us something we've never heard before. I think she'd actually have a better relationship and perhaps larger fanbase if she actually listened to us. During the pandemic she was "all ears" on ways to connect with us but did nothing. Often times she asks for our suggestions but never acts on it. 😂 Songs like, "The Right Man", "Mercy On Me", "I Am", "Obvious", "Change" and "Loving Me 4 Me" and so many other album cuts would've sounded amazing with an orchestra. Like, take advantage of the opportunity. Shit!

I'll always look forward to new material but performance wise, it's just whatever. The majority of the hits need to be retired. For good.

ETA: I just watched my footage. The orchestra DID do the opening of At Last, I just couldn’t hear it live because the crowd was too damn loud.
Last edited by Goddess on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Bionicboy
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 10

If you want my angle/cuts I’m sharing via my stories and will continue to do so through tonight’s show. Not live bc I wanna actually enjoy the show but there are nice cuts I think
@pakipanic

Here’s my review copied and pasted from a text conversation. I didn’t feel like rewriting it lol

Ahhh it was incredible, and the setlist worked for what the show was in my opinion. My only gripe is that the show was so short!
My favorite reimagined thing was Genie; I’m normally not interested in seeing her do IAMMMW anymore but this was my favorite rendition I’ve seen from her. Incredibly epic!!!
I thought for a second we were getting a new Spanish song, and I was expecting/hoping for the “Spanish section” to be more than one song. But she made the right decision if she had to go with only 1
Also SHE LOOKED INCREDIBLE!!
I was NOT A FAN of the dancers
If that’s what she meant by making it more like a theater piece that ain’t it!!!
Last edited by Bionicboy on Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nottingham
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 59

Goddess wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:08 pm I'll always look forward to new material but performance wise, it's just whatever. The majority of the hits need to be retired. For good.
Y'all are out of your minds.

Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 5

The new rendition of genie is incredible. Her voice was amazing. The lewks were on point.

I can’t wait for this same energy to be funneled through the new material in the horizon. It’s insane that this far into her career she sounds better than ever.
FighterOfX
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 2

KevinKardashian wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:33 am What did you guys expect her to sing, though? Beyonce's discography?

To be honest and without shade, just her songs more adaptate to the orchestra arrangements
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 39

BrianBdizzle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 22

Just about sold out tonight. Only a few left! Go girl!
Rexx
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

WOW that intro was just so beautiful, her coming out up there looking exquisite and the lighting was perfect, voice on point :weary: :love:
ljw200103
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 6

last nite was amazing. she is sooooo ready for the new era!!

Tonite's show will be sold out for sure!
Betty
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 1

The clips I have seen are incredible. She really needs to release this!
desnudate_czr
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 11

Going tonight can’t wait Xcited! Any parking tips for those that went last night?
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 38

HRH Lady Mamacita wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:25 pm
SanelyInsane wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:03 am
Martin wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:47 am I agree the setlist definitely could've been better, but we gotta remember, when booking this show I don't think it was done with exclusively Xtina fans in mind. Similarly to Vegas this was more of a general public type of show, so I can see why she chose the usual hits with some Liberation sprinkled in. At least they were arranged differently so it was still a fresh experience.
The setlist was def a let down.

This was the perfect opportunity to showcase a side of her artistry the world hasn’t seen yet and she disappointed with this setlist. A nice show but def could’ve gone a lot better considering she had the LA Phila Orchestra behind her. Oh well. She did look amazing though.
I can’t believe she wasted her B2B gems yet again. Candyman is a well known song, and with the LA freaking PHILA Understand or Mercy On Me… what could’ve been. Ah, Christina. Ah…..
We got new fan faves “Maria” and “Twice.” We stan a current Queen! :shook:

Hopefully there will be opportunities to sing the songs you mentioned with an orchestra at another time.
BYC
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 21

Just saw a clip of Say Something and she had a new run leading into the chorus after her verse. Snatched my bussy bald.
:shook:
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

This pic is everything.

Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 11

dinvy wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:10 am sweat until my clothes come off
:roll: :roll: :roll:
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Goddess
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 3

desnudate_czr wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:30 pm Going tonight can’t wait Xcited! Any parking tips for those that went last night?
Take the shuttle. Buy the $6 ride and share at a location near you. The shuttles comes every 10-15 minutes. I parked at Westwood and it took 40 minutes to get to the bowl. Both traffic and parking at the bowl looked awful. Returning only took 20 minutes.
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Stephen Galloway did the choreography for the show. Check his stories.

https://instagram.com/stephengalloway
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Agugaga
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 4

Great show, disappointed she didn’t do “Reflection” with the orchestra, but maybe during night 2?
Bionicboy
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 10

desnudate_czr wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:30 pm Going tonight can’t wait Xcited! Any parking tips for those that went last night?
I've gone last two nights and uber/driving has a nightmare. There are free shuttles that ill take you right to the Bowl from around the city and usually you can park there so the shuttle will bring you to and from your car before and after the show.

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/visit/getting-here