Christina performing at Hollywood Bowl this summer!

Moments to remember...
DirrtyHancock
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 24

fijiwater wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:55 pm Get that people are disappointed with the setlist, but I can say that the crowd around me LOVED IT

when the genie in a bottle notes started playing and Christina started singing in that low tone the women around me were SHOOK and started screaming in amazement

My sister kept on asking me to replay the video I took of the giab rendition and she sent it to all her friends too
genie was a slay
I like the way she reinvents it at every tour
music genius
25 Years of Being a Godtina Warrior
:cupid: :cupid:
AgentX
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 25

Cruz2318 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:36 pm Good morning! Ok, where do I start? If you saw my post from two days ago I was being a negative Nancy about this show. I was so excited until information about night one started trickling in and people were saying it was the Billionaires set list with “At Last” thrown in. I’m like, I am NOT driving in from Vegas, calling off work, getting a swanky ass hotel room, for basically what I already saw at the Virgin Hotel opening last month. Boohoo.
Girls. Let me tell you. First of all the Hollywood Bowl is a magnificent outdoor venue. I had never been before but it is beautiful. I sat next to a woman who was with her kid (who wouldn’t stop talking in the beginning, but also made me chuckle because when Xtina came out she said “Wow, she needs a haircut). There was a group of girls my age next to them, and a few older black women behind me. Also this dick who kept yelling “DUDAMEL” during every song break. Like bitch you saw who was on the marquee right? Anyway…
Show started and she began with “At Last” and I cried. She looked like a million dollar sparkling old Hollywood diamond up there singing one of her favorite classics and the emotions took over. With every run/melisma the women behind me kept saying “Mhmmmm girl” “Ok now” “Ok Child”
The girls next to me had these stank faces on while bobbing their heads haha. It was such a moment to see our girl be recognized like that. We know how special she is but when the GP gets stunned by her, it just makes my heart happy. Her voice! Idk if she’s been taking lessons and working with a coach but I’ll tell you what, she has LEARNED what her voice can do nowadays and what it can’t. As a long time Stan there were little moments I pointed out where she thought about doing something she would have done in past performances but either knew it didn’t fit the song at the moment or she just knew it wasn’t gonna come out right and better to not. Her phrasing was immaculate, her tongue was relaxed, she didn’t have that heavy throaty froggy sound that we’ve grown accustomed to hearing. She took her time with the songs and with the Lyrics. You could tell she felt so much emotion during “Maria” and “Twice.” The low notes were there, her ANOM belt was fuller than it has been in years. CELD was such a moment and everyone around me was shocked she could sing in Spanish lol. Even the “DUDAMEL” yelling guy stated clapping when she was done and his girlfriend said “Well damn.”
Yes was it the billionaires set list, sure, but something about the venue, the crowd recognizing the songs and jumping to their feet, just made it not so ordinary.
When “beautiful” was the encore I heard the lady sitting behind the group of girls say “Oh this song, what’s it called?” The one girl in front turns around and says “This song is called Beautiful and you should know this.” I was like “Oop!”
I don’t know what else to say, it was magnificent and amazing and every other word you can think of. I know as an X fan we are given a taste of something and think “This is the start of something new!!” So I don’t wanna get my hopes up but Christina looks and sounds genuinely happy. Like, she was glowing last night, idk if she got some good D the night before but she is the epitome of happiness right now and I hope that carries over to some great things!

Anyway, thanks for coming to my TED talk 😂

@Buffy why did you turd react to this?
Mrlouiejordan
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

Twice was absolutely stunning, it really is one of the most incredible songs to hear her perform live
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 29

@Lydekane

SanelyInsane
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 16

Cruz2318 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:36 pm Good morning! Ok, where do I start? If you saw my post from two days ago I was being a negative Nancy about this show. I was so excited until information about night one started trickling in and people were saying it was the Billionaires set list with “At Last” thrown in. I’m like, I am NOT driving in from Vegas, calling off work, getting a swanky ass hotel room, for basically what I already saw at the Virgin Hotel opening last month. Boohoo.
Girls. Let me tell you. First of all the Hollywood Bowl is a magnificent outdoor venue. I had never been before but it is beautiful. I sat next to a woman who was with her kid (who wouldn’t stop talking in the beginning, but also made me chuckle because when Xtina came out she said “Wow, she needs a haircut). There was a group of girls my age next to them, and a few older black women behind me. Also this dick who kept yelling “DUDAMEL” during every song break. Like bitch you saw who was on the marquee right? Anyway…
Show started and she began with “At Last” and I cried. She looked like a million dollar sparkling old Hollywood diamond up there singing one of her favorite classics and the emotions took over. With every run/melisma the women behind me kept saying “Mhmmmm girl” “Ok now” “Ok Child”
The girls next to me had these stank faces on while bobbing their heads haha. It was such a moment to see our girl be recognized like that. We know how special she is but when the GP gets stunned by her, it just makes my heart happy. Her voice! Idk if she’s been taking lessons and working with a coach but I’ll tell you what, she has LEARNED what her voice can do nowadays and what it can’t. As a long time Stan there were little moments I pointed out where she thought about doing something she would have done in past performances but either knew it didn’t fit the song at the moment or she just knew it wasn’t gonna come out right and better to not. Her phrasing was immaculate, her tongue was relaxed, she didn’t have that heavy throaty froggy sound that we’ve grown accustomed to hearing. She took her time with the songs and with the Lyrics. You could tell she felt so much emotion during “Maria” and “Twice.” The low notes were there, her ANOM belt was fuller than it has been in years. CELD was such a moment and everyone around me was shocked she could sing in Spanish lol. Even the “DUDAMEL” yelling guy stated clapping when she was done and his girlfriend said “Well damn.”
Yes was it the billionaires set list, sure, but something about the venue, the crowd recognizing the songs and jumping to their feet, just made it not so ordinary.
When “beautiful” was the encore I heard the lady sitting behind the group of girls say “Oh this song, what’s it called?” The one girl in front turns around and says “This song is called Beautiful and you should know this.” I was like “Oop!”
I don’t know what else to say, it was magnificent and amazing and every other word you can think of. I know as an X fan we are given a taste of something and think “This is the start of something new!!” So I don’t wanna get my hopes up but Christina looks and sounds genuinely happy. Like, she was glowing last night, idk if she got some good D the night before but she is the epitome of happiness right now and I hope that carries over to some great things!

Awwww BITCH I’m sooo happy for you! You deserved this! 😭💜
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 39

DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 62

electronicsupersonic wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:41 pm Karen Gillan was there also.
https://instagram.com/stories/karengill ... 6054766983
Loved her in Jumanji.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
grrfrrtrr
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 6

Kitana wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:48 pm Christina followed Ariana back on Instagram
Ari is a true blue X stan. She loved her before she was famous and she loves her just as much now.
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 11

ClairBoyant wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:13 am There is NO reason a human being should be able to do what she does so effortlessly. I take back all I said yesterday, burn me at the stake. Moments like this remind me why I've been a stan since before I even knew her name (used to replay the Reflection video over and over on my VHS)

She is a POWERHOUSE and I really, really, really hope this was recorded and like maybe technology has advanced to where camera equipment is less bulky or something Hahaha
This is the type of reaction I wanna see!! Stan bitches!!
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

dita wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:03 am She was so emotional

OMG :cry: :cry:
grrfrrtrr
VIP '23
VIP '23

dita wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:01 am Her confidence for night 2 was off the charts!

That Eb5 at the 1:16 is one of her best in recent years!

How is she every bit as phenomenal at 40 as she was in the BTB era? Her voice is unreal.
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

I know it's a very slim chance but I do hope there is some sort of Netflix special featuring this.
Areliugaanitsirhc
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 3

More videos are up from last night. Bless these posters :cry:

DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

grrfrrtrr wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:26 pm
dita wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:01 am Her confidence for night 2 was off the charts!

That Eb5 at the 1:16 is one of her best in recent years!

How is she every bit as phenomenal at 40 as she was in the BTB era? Her voice is unreal.
Wow. She's back to Baby Jane levels of stamina.

I mean, do we know of any other artist who is able to match their peak 15 years into their careers?

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 18

The good sis Paloma Mami was also there
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 41

Variety does a concert review.

“Her voice — it’s just like butter,” said a patron of the Hollywood Bowl Friday night, using the familiar “SNL”-derived description of Barbra Streisand’s voice and applying it to the weekend’s headliner, Christina Aguilera. Not to critique the critiques of esteemed season ticket-holders, but this comparison seemed exactly wrong. Aguilera’s voice is not like butter; if anything, it’s like bourbon. Or maybe a nice steak… a petite one, sure. She has her stratospheric registers and isn’t afraid to employ them, but the bigger part of the appeal of her voice is how full-throatedly low into her gut she can go while still staying at top volume. It’s an approach that could easily bowl over a Hollywood Bowl, or any orchestra therein. So, extra kudos to whoever was responsible for the mix at this weekend’s shows. When you put a singer as big as Aguilera in front of the L.A. Philharmonic and Aguilera doesn’t “win,” it’s a mission accomplished.

Of all the concerts we’ve seen at the Bowl over the years that matched a pop singer with either the L.A. Phil or the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and it’s more than a few, this was one of the better ones, as far as letting the singer do something that’s in line with what brought her to the dance but has value-added elements that don’t neglect the fact that she’s actually at a high-society ball. It was partly of a piece with her run of shows in Las Vegas (so rudely interrupted by the pandemic 16 months ago), complete with dancers, and partly a Boston Pops night out that happened to include a cracking funk band, and any splitting of the difference wasn’t too bothersome. Sure, there were some of those awkward moments when it was just Aguilera’s touring band playing for an entire number, where, as always with these things, you imagine the thought bubbles over Phil members’ heads as they wonder if they really put in all that time at Juilliard just so they could sit on their hands while 10 dancers strut their stuff. But it’s a nice compromise that some of Aguilera’s loudest songs — like “Lady Marmalade” — get to be played at their loudest volume, without trying to figure out how to fit an oboe in, while a majority of the setlist really did make space for exquisitely written and actually audible orchestral arrangements.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 22449/amp/
DirrtyHancock
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 24

NewAgenda wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 pm Variety does a concert review.

“Her voice — it’s just like butter,” said a patron of the Hollywood Bowl Friday night, using the familiar “SNL”-derived description of Barbra Streisand’s voice and applying it to the weekend’s headliner, Christina Aguilera. Not to critique the critiques of esteemed season ticket-holders, but this comparison seemed exactly wrong. Aguilera’s voice is not like butter; if anything, it’s like bourbon. Or maybe a nice steak… a petite one, sure. She has her stratospheric registers and isn’t afraid to employ them, but the bigger part of the appeal of her voice is how full-throatedly low into her gut she can go while still staying at top volume. It’s an approach that could easily bowl over a Hollywood Bowl, or any orchestra therein. So, extra kudos to whoever was responsible for the mix at this weekend’s shows. When you put a singer as big as Aguilera in front of the L.A. Philharmonic and Aguilera doesn’t “win,” it’s a mission accomplished.

Of all the concerts we’ve seen at the Bowl over the years that matched a pop singer with either the L.A. Phil or the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, and it’s more than a few, this was one of the better ones, as far as letting the singer do something that’s in line with what brought her to the dance but has value-added elements that don’t neglect the fact that she’s actually at a high-society ball. It was partly of a piece with her run of shows in Las Vegas (so rudely interrupted by the pandemic 16 months ago), complete with dancers, and partly a Boston Pops night out that happened to include a cracking funk band, and any splitting of the difference wasn’t too bothersome. Sure, there were some of those awkward moments when it was just Aguilera’s touring band playing for an entire number, where, as always with these things, you imagine the thought bubbles over Phil members’ heads as they wonder if they really put in all that time at Juilliard just so they could sit on their hands while 10 dancers strut their stuff. But it’s a nice compromise that some of Aguilera’s loudest songs — like “Lady Marmalade” — get to be played at their loudest volume, without trying to figure out how to fit an oboe in, while a majority of the setlist really did make space for exquisitely written and actually audible orchestral arrangements.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 22449/amp/

I just remembered that the LA Phil musicians were some of the biggest stans these nights. When they weren't playing and they had nothing to do but listen to Xtine you could see the awe, respect and amazement on many of they faces as they watched quEn go awf.
:piano: :piano:
25 Years of Being a Godtina Warrior
:cupid: :cupid:
rockyroad
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

So did she sell out both nights or not??!!!! Better late than never
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 22

She appreciated everything and everyone there, also Queen 👑 got emotional🖤

NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

rockyroad wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:11 pm So did she sell out both nights or not??!!!! Better late than never
She did as confirmed by her manager on IG.

NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

All this public support from other stars should really help her as she rebrands herself as a touring act. Christina was always the one showing support to everyone else, so it’s nice to see it is being reciprocated with several heavy hitters on a single night coming to see her. We had Michelle Obama, Bill & Hillary, Demi, Dionne Warwick at different dates/stops for her recent shows, but this is the first time in a long time that’s there’s been several in one night.
Agugaga
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 4

Nice review, but we have to keep an eye on you…
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 38

We stan Violet Chachki the winner of RPDR 7 because she's having a moment and getting LIFE at the concert

Yasss
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Chintheory
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Ugh, one of my closest friends was finally able to reveal that she worked on the show, helped cast the dancers, and an artist she manages helped with the costume design. She said X is such a pro and super sweet, but it breaks my heart to say this, my friend revealed that X mentioned a few times that she’s been feeling like she’s “Washed up.”

Which sounds absurd to me because she’s an icon. But she’s also human. Just made me sad to hear that. 😭
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 38

Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Luv2LuvUxxx
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 2

Chintheory wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 am Ugh, one of my closest friends was finally able to reveal that she worked on the show, helped cast the dancers, and an artist she manages helped with the costume design. She said X is such a pro and super sweet, but it breaks my heart to say this, my friend revealed that X mentioned a few times that she’s been feeling like she’s “Washed up.”

Which sounds absurd to me because she’s an icon. But she’s also human. Just made me sad to hear that. 😭
That explains the tears and how grateful she was to be on that stage this past weekend. A part of me was thinking why she was so emotional (not in a bad way) as she’s performed at big stages for over 20 years. However I think any artist after a while starts to doubt if they’ve still got it or if anyone cares. I hope she knows that she not only still has IT more than most but that she is very much loved and appreciated.
KevinKardashian
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 29

"I’m a genie in a bottle, you don’t wanna rub me the wrong way!" ~ Christina Aguiilera's tagline for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
grrfrrtrr
VIP '23
VIP '23

I love that Christina is not arrogant and has insecure moments. For having a superhuman voice, she still puts in the hard work and doesn't take anything for granted.
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 8

Agugaga wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:05 am

Nice review, but we have to keep an eye on you…
Uh. Why? 🤔
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Chintheory wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 am Ugh, one of my closest friends was finally able to reveal that she worked on the show, helped cast the dancers, and an artist she manages helped with the costume design. She said X is such a pro and super sweet, but it breaks my heart to say this, my friend revealed that X mentioned a few times that she’s been feeling like she’s “Washed up.”

Christina is amazing! I hope she gets the success she deserves!