2nd EP: LA TORMENTA | *1st* Single: Suéltame ft. Tini | OUT NOW!

Moments to remember...
IAMHAM
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 4

I liked traguito and brujeria from this second EP.... the rest of the tracks are ok.
iosoke
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 7

106th wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:27 pm Are there any Fighters in New Zealand, Australia or Japan/Korea etc. that can let us know if it's out on other platforms there now, since it's Monday there
Nope, there's nothing here in nz
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 26

It's not a leak technically. And it's not Rocnation's fault, this is on Sony.

When you upload new music to streaming, you do it to a single source that spreads it around. This particular ones must get it a different way and Sony Asia must have forgotten to change the date, or it was too late.
JefferXon
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 2

dinvy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:19 pm
JefferXon wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:33 am
dinvy wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 10:47 pm @JefferXon ???
It's the collaboration with the male singer CN
:susp:
I know, I was surprised that CN was removed from CMDLG. That song was a duet with him, it was already recorded and I dare say it was much better with him. We'll have to wait to find out what really happened :/
JACQS
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 8

Sueltame is great
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 89

JefferXon wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:36 pm

I know, I was surprised that CN was removed from CMDLG. That song was a duet with him, it was already recorded and I dare say it was much better with him. We'll have to wait to find out what really happened :/
She should have changed that song for a ballad tbh
ledif
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 20

Apparently he’s involved in a major scandal with his ex Belinda, she’s getting ready to sue him and bring all the drama out. Allegedly he used to get physical with her along with mental abuse and we all know how Christina feels about such atrocities.
ledif
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

Brujería or TDLM for next single.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

So far we know she recorded the sueltame video with tini (we don't know if they are together)
There is a live performance (from the two that were recorded) that has one of the writers as the "galán" (handsome man). According to the lyrics it could be any of the songs except for sueltame.
Is there anything else?
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

ledif wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:05 pm

Apparently he’s involved in a major scandal with his ex Belinda, she’s getting ready to sue him and bring all the drama out. Allegedly he used to get physical with her along with mental abuse and we all know how Christina feels about such atrocities.
Yes. I've read that. She's going to sue him and it will ve a scandal for sure. Anyway, xtina made some changes in the last minute, we saw that tracklist and there were two songs that didn't make ep 2 so she probably took him out of the song
Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Can’t remember which track it is but the beginning sounds similar to JoJo’s “FAB” song. Same Instrumental.
AintNoOtherMe!
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 17

Do you guys have full songs or you’re repeatedly listening to 60 secs snippets?
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 11

AintNoOtherMe! wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:44 pm Do you guys have full songs or you’re repeatedly listening to 60 secs snippets?
Full. But its almost midnight, you can wait 😁
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

pato wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:08 pm
ledif wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:05 pm

Yes. I've read that. She's going to sue him and it will ve a scandal for sure. Anyway, xtina made some changes in the last minute, we saw that tracklist and there were two songs that didn't make ep 2 so she probably took him out of the song
Oh wow… so Belinda ruined CN chances to sing with X…
But good, X needed to know this
MarcoX
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 3

It’s so cohesive tbh. It explores so much of x voice and style. We should be proud cuz damn.
XAcapellas
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 4

Random thoughts from the first listen of course.

Disclaimer: Can't be objective at all since I've got a special love for EP 1 since it was a HUGE DEAL for us Latin Fans, we waited so long for this and I feel it's like our 2nd child.
Pa' mis Muchachas, Santo, Ya llegué still owns my heart,.I'm not into collaborations when it comes to Queen's EP/discography, but I do have to say they were 100% ON POINT.

THE GOOD:
- I loved this EP so much way more than "La Fuerza" but I'm not sure if "La Tormenta" is better or superior.
- "Sueltame" it's a BOP, I loved how sultry, fresh it sounded, great choice for a first lead single.
- Mid-tempo songs were on point, all of them are FIRE. No dislikes, no fillers IMO.
- Traguito, Brujería, Te Deseo lo Mejor = VIBES :lit:
- Her voice and vocals = HEAVEN. I'm pretty sure Non -hardcore*fans would recognize Queen's voice at first listen. You know it's CHRISTINA AGUILERA singing!
- This EP brings so much fun in terms of sounds and quality, You can tell Queen enjoyed the process at the most.
- I enjoyed a lot of current tracks AT FIRST LISTEN than EP 1 ("Como Yo" or "Ya Llegué" were definetly a grower at first listen, I still fucking love both of them).
- I love the fact ballads weren't included in this EP, In my opinion, "Somos Nada" ruined the "atmosphere" in EP1 (Not in the middle of the EP, smh).
- The style and sound of this album are amazing, they don't sound outdated or stuff like that, and I'm glad she didn't go into "full reggaeton" either.

THE "NOT SO GOOD":

- I believe "La Fuerza" is superior in terms of tracks or collaborations compared to EP 2, sounds more cohesive in terms of songs or "storyline".
- I never heard of Tini before, juding from "Sueltame" she is not my cup of tea (or I maybe I have to accept I wanted another girl for a collab/lead single)
- I don't like how "slangs" sounds on her anymore, like "Pegao' , Zafao' Saliera', Quiero ma'. I'm not feeling them anymore to be honest.
- The only song I didn't feel was "Cuando Me de la Gana", don't get me wrong but I don't think there was a need to add another Ranchera song, La Reina it's more than enough for an EP (Which I love until today but I overplayed a lot lol).
- I missed another collab tbh, Lloras por Na' as a 6th song wouldn't hurt at all, hope it'll included in EP3.
Last edited by XAcapellas on Sun May 29, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi! You can call me Charlie and I make X's Acapellas :love:
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=215
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/xacapellas

Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

VenusAsABoy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:52 pm
AintNoOtherMe! wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:44 pm Do you guys have full songs or you’re repeatedly listening to 60 secs snippets?
Are we getting it tomorrow?
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

Bionica wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:58 pm
I’d say so… didn’t some people say it’s already available in some countries legally? So it makes sense it’s release today
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

Guys… what I’m missing is an inspirational, empowering or romantic song..

I’m missing a big ballad… so far Mi Reflejo remains superior to the EPs in some ways….
Of course the EPs sound fresher and current but Mi Reflejo has a classic feeling to it that I feel the EPs lack
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 37

Bionica wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:58 pm
Only God knows, the releases of these eps has been hysterically bad hahha the communication is non existent.
ledif
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

Full songs.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 33

Omg finally listened in full.
Brujería is so delicious. I will not tolerate any shade towards it.
Hipnotíc melody.
Lana Del Rey
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 37

VenusAsABoy wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:01 pm Guys… what I’m missing is an inspirational, empowering or romantic song..

I’m missing a big ballad… so far Mi Reflejo remains superior to the EPs in some ways….
Of course the EPs sound fresher and current but Mi Reflejo has a classic feeling to it that I feel the EPs lack
I'm kind of surprised she didn't cover a classic song a la Contigo En La Distancia. There are so many classic Spanish boleros that she woukd absolutely eat up and im sure Latin fans would be appreciative of. She has such a unique voice and way of singing, I have 0 issue with her recording covers because its always going to sound so different.

Still holding out for the ballad about her father on ep3 - it was legit the only song she talked about at the Latin grammys so if at the very least I expect to hear that since it was the only song she personally confirmed.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 12

I listened to the 60 seconds previews.

1. Brujería. I love it, I think it's my favorite from this 2nd EP. It's very catchy. Such a vibe. Love the lyrics too "Nothing last forever. Sometimes all day you are in my head. like this melody. I wanted to get out. I didn't want this. I don't know what you did. You did witchcraft to me".
She is in love, she wants more.

2. Te Deseo Lo Mejor. It's also a chill song, mid tempo, chill cool vibe. It is a breakup /bye bitch song. "I wish you the best". Also catchy and with fun lyrics. My favorite line its something like "I wish you the best, I hope someone loves you like you deserve it, so you won't come back" lol.
I understand why a lot of you are saying they're all mid tempo with same vibe (minus the ranchera).

3. Traguito. I love the fact that I get the reggae, reggaeton, island sound but it's mainly pop. It's about drinking, having a shot, dancing, having fun, making peace.

4. Sueltame. Great vibe. Mid tempo. Tini's voice sounds good to me, considering it's very difficult to be in a song with Xtina. I really like it. I can see why they selected as the first single from this 2nd EP. I spotted a little bit of Brasil sound on it. Can't wait to see the video.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 12

So now we know this 2nd EP does not have a "Santo". Meaning, pretty much 4 mid tempo songs and 1 ranchera.

Just because it doesn't have a banger doesn't mean it's a "bad" 2nd EP or that she is not delivering.

Remember:

1) At some point we are going to see these EPs as a whole album. It is looking very cohesive to me.

2) Chose your words. As always her own fans are expressing frustration all over social media because they didn't get a banger. Try talking MORE about what you like. (Yes, I know, you have the right to not like something and express your opinion too, but if you're a fan, it wouldn't hurt to talk more about the positive).

3) I love the songs and the vibe of the whole 2nd EP. To some of you, they might be growers so give it a second listen.
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 19

How do you know he was featured in this song?
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

So... Vicente Fernandez has a song called "que te vaya bonito" which is mentioned in xtina's CMDLG

Another connection? She must love him lol
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

MarcoX wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:54 pm It’s so cohesive tbh. It explores so much of x voice and style. We should be proud cuz damn.
Agreed
Lana Del Rey
Christian
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 6

Whatever I listened to bits and wow it’s gorgeous I’m so ready and not ready at the same time. Wow.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Anyone speaking negatively about this is trash and has poor taste/mental disadvantages.
Lana Del Rey