2nd EP: LA TORMENTA | *1st* Single: Suéltame ft. Tini | OUT NOW!

Moments to remember...
AgentX
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 16

Nada es para siempre, a veces dura un día
Estás en mi cabeza como esta melodía
Me quise zafar, esto no lo quería
No sé lo que me hiciste, me hiciste brujería
Moralistic
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 15

I realy wish I knew spanish so I knew what these songs were about! Lol either way I love them!
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 3

Dare I say EP2 is…. Better? Sounds, idk, more genuine? If that makes any sense at all.

Only minor critiques for me are the Ranchera sounds better as the duet. Changes it up from what sounds like a La Reina rip off. I agree with the poster that said it sounds like they wanted to recapture the magic of LR and it just didn’t work. I don’t think two rancheras were necessary. LR is such a vocal moment in her catalogue (Spanish and English) it didn’t need to be repeated.
And honestly that’s it. TDLM is a soft vocal bop, that bridge in Traguito where she gives us a little run is GOD. Brujeria is breezy and fun. I feel like this has a lot more replay value than EP1 tbh.

If we can just pretend Somos Aburridos doesn’t exist, this body of work is immaculate.
evildevil17
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 4

Moralistic wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:20 am I realy wish I knew spanish so I knew what these songs were about! Lol either way I love them!
It really helps when you learn the translations, it adds much depth to these songs, especially Brujeria which is about a toxic relationship and very relatable tbh. The production is crystal clear, the vocals are out of this world and lyrics are emotional. She's really spoiling us with her new music
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 21

Cruz2318 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:42 pm Dare I say EP2 is…. Better? Sounds, idk, more genuine? If that makes any sense at all.

Only minor critiques for me are the Ranchera sounds better as the duet. Changes it up from what sounds like a La Reina rip off. I agree with the poster that said it sounds like they wanted to recapture the magic of LR and it just didn’t work. I don’t think two rancheras were necessary. LR is such a vocal moment in her catalogue (Spanish and English) it didn’t need to be repeated.
And honestly that’s it. TDLM is a soft vocal bop, that bridge in Traguito where she gives us a little run is GOD. Brujeria is breezy and fun. I feel like this has a lot more replay value than EP1 tbh.

If we can just pretend Somos Aburridos doesn’t exist, this body of work is immaculate.
CMDLG sounds nothing like Reina other than they’re the same genre. Both are flawless.
Xtopher
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 7

Cruz2318 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:42 pm Dare I say EP2 is…. Better? Sounds, idk, more genuine? If that makes any sense at all.

Isn't La Reina ranchera and CMDLG mariachi? So one isn't a rip off of the other.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 35

CMDLG is flawless as a solo and as a duet! The duet is ever better because i love to hear people try to keep up with Queen. He held his own tbh.
AgentX
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

Pretty Boy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:04 pm

CMDLG sounds nothing like Reina other than they’re the same genre. Both are flawless.

It’s getting super annoying reading that
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 19

People saying that Cuando Me De La Gana is a rip-off of La Reyna obviously have no fucking idea of what they are talking about.

The two are very different, just from the same genre; it’s as ignorant as saying one R^B song sounds just like another because they are both R^B.

If you not know what you are talking about, it is not obligatory to say something just for the sake of it.

It had to be said, don’t @ me.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 7

I think her vocals are more Impressive on The second ranchera.
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter

Lol why do I still come here.

Can’t even have an opinion anymore.
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 13

Cruz2318 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:33 pm Lol why do I still come here.

Te deseo lo mejor
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

I knew it bitches!!! Fuckin cry babies!!

NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 27

Pretty Boy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:00 pm I knew it bitches!!! Fuckin cry babies!!

Yes, I had to take a break from this forum and Twitter yesterday with all the damn whining when the music is here.
Areliugaanitsirhc
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 4

I've had all 12 tracks on repeat. I love how cohesive the production is. For example Bionic and Lotus tracks sound different when played in sequence. Some songs sound HQ, others sound like a 90s boom box.

My only skip is Como Yo.
BYC
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 14

Proper communication from her team could have stopped the meltdowns yesterday but we know better than that. Glad she’s addressing it today.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

Keep posting your honest opinions. SOME posters actually enjoy reading opinions from all perspectives! It's a message board for a reason, to have a dialogue.. some of these hoes don't know how to have a conversation and it's weird.

Anyone who says LR and CDLMG don't sound alike are DELUSIONAL! It's a very similar song structure, melody and instrumental.
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

MaCK. wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Keep posting your honest opinions. SOME posters actually enjoy reading opinions from all perspectives! It's a message board for a reason, to have a dialogue.. some of these hoes don't know how to have a conversation and it's weird.

Anyone who says LR and CDLMG don't sound alike are DELUSIONAL! It's a very similar song structure, melody and instrumental.
It’s a Mexican regional genre with the same writers. Of course there’s similarities, but not carbon copies. Just like your granny thinks all rap songs sound the same.
Xxx1tinax
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

CUANDO ME DELA GANA ❤️‍🔥
KeepsGettinHotter
VIP '21
VIP '21

I actually think I’m loving the second ep more 🍑🍑🍑
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

Pretty Boy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:41 pm

It’s a Mexican regional genre with the same writers. Of course there’s similarities, but not carbon copies. Just like your granny thinks all rap songs sound the same.
You are a mess. Just a catty little thing ! What was the point in bringing my dead granny into this? Further proving my point.... Trash.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 33

I also cringe when I read the comments about LR and Cuando being a copy. Please listen to some rancheras on YouTube so you ear can get used to the structure and music I guess.
Lana Del Rey
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 9

Moralistic wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:20 am I realy wish I knew spanish so I knew what these songs were about! Lol either way I love them!
there's a thread with the lyrics and the translations!
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter

THANK YOU MACK. I’ve always loved your posts. It’s just funny that this is a message Board where people SHOULD have differing opinions but it’s turning into a communist regime for fuck sake.

Anyway, The Guitar in the beginning of CDLMG is literally the same chords as LR lol. Right before the first verse starting singing “Dicen por ayi, quel tiempo” and it fits. 🤷🏻‍♂️ And I’m not bashing the song, the duet is actually nice, I just think the surprise of LR was enough for one album. I want a big CELD ballad moment. Hopefully that comes on La Luz.
Last edited by Cruz2318 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 9

Y si te vas, te vas, te vas, te vas, te vas, te vas... Pues que te vaya bonito.

J/K, just chill, keep saying what you want to say as long as you're not a bitter bitch or breaking forum rules. Opinions are opinions, people are allowed to not like certain things.
BYC
VIP '21
VIP '21

Well at least that awful CMDLG duet helped me appreciate the solo version.

Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Both are rancheras, but people were saying CMDLG is a La Reina rip-off, which is not.

Stay in your lane, putito.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

Jimmy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Both are rancheras, but people were saying CMDLG is a La Reina rip-off, which is not.

Lol pretty boy literally said they sound nothing alike. That's false. Both of you need to check your ear at the door.

I'm in your lane pendejo... Do sum 'bout it...

Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

MaCK. wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:30 pm
Jimmy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Lol pretty boy literally said they sound nothing alike. That's false. Both of you need to check your ear at the door.

I'm in your lane pendejo... Do sum 'bout it...

unbridled
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

NewAgenda wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:13 pm
Pretty Boy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:00 pm I knew it bitches!!! Fuckin cry babies!!

Yes, I had to take a break from this forum and Twitter yesterday with all the damn whining when the music is here.
Is EP 3 coming tonight too? If its a listening party? 👀👀