LA Pride | Mya, Paris Hilton, Moulin Rouge cast, Kim Petras, Hulk Strap-on & More!

Moments to remember...
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 35

Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:23 pm
H2o wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:14 pm

attack
Interesting that all the top negative comments are from women. Ladies this was for gay pride, you were not the target audience. Have a seat and let the gays enjoy their camp moment with one of our strongest ally
I’m sure these are the same women having a fit about her boobs on The Voice for 5 years.
Alex
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 2

Let them talk. 🦜
I personally loved it, thought it was camp and it was just a quick minute. People have too much time on their hands and they love to hate.

The show was her best in YEARS. Wish I could have been there.
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 17

If you don’t get this pride performance, do your homework before you spew judgement.

Educate yourself on: Camp, gay pride and general gay history, and XTINA (who you claim to stan)

And ask yourself, why is this bothering me so much? I bet you it has everything to do with you and nothing with Xtina.
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 14

dinvy wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:11 pm the pearl clutchers are kim petras trying to get a facial from daddy xtina but she turned away and wasted it on the floor. now they mad
:rip:

Agreed.

The fact that IG, Facebook or any of these social media giants censors a woman wearing a strap-on, female nipples (breast cancer patients and reduction mammoplasty included) and women's bodies in general is misogyny and patriarchy.

Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:55 pm
musicfan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:47 pm I'm not gay so my opinion might not mean anything but I don't get why gay pride have to be always associated with over the top sexual things like this. Christina as always respected that community and don't pander to stereotypes like other artist do. So seeing her do something like this was unnecessarily, she can be over the top expressing herself but this was to much.

Plus she's a mom now, sorry but when you're a mom you got to make better decision.

You should’ve stopped at Im not gay.

Your post is so full of judgment. Giving me bachelorette at a gay bar vibe.

If you’re not gay, maybe ask those who are why gay pride is the way it is. Learn about the history of it and how it has evolved.

Also, if you think she’s pandering to her audience, you might not really know Xtina. And what does being a mom have to do with a gay pride performance?! Did it affect the way her children are being raised? Jesus.
I’m gay and some of the stuff that happens at pride events turns me right off. It’s ridiculous in some cases. As I said before they’re being turned into kink festivals amongst other things
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

This is giving me ptsd from the Cand Hold Us Down Video. It still bothers me seeing her hose blurred out but they r ok with showing all those guys grab their crotch. 🙄
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:00 pm
musicfan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:47 pm I'm not gay so my opinion might not mean anything but I don't get why gay pride have to be always associated with over the top sexual things like this. Christina as always respected that community and don't pander to stereotypes like other artist do. So seeing her do something like this was unnecessarily, she can be over the top expressing herself but this was to much.

Plus she's a mom now, sorry but when you're a mom you got to make better decision.

If you’re not gay, maybe ask those who are why gay pride is the way it is. Learn about the history of it and how it has evolved.

Also, if you think she’s pandering to her audience, you might not really know Xtina. And what does being a mom have to do with a gay pride performance?! Did it affect the way her children are being raised? Jesus.
I’m gay and some of the stuff that happens at pride events turns me right off. It’s ridiculous in some cases. As I said before they’re being turned into kink festivals amongst other things
Can I ask what you have against a kink festival?
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

@musicfan the fact that you reacted with a rolling eye emoji rather than LEARN tells me everything I need to know. Goodbye Kyle! Let me know when you’re willing to listen to understand someone else’s perspective.
Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:02 pm

Nothing, if it’s a kink festival. Pride isn’t, unless I didn’t get the memo.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 11

Is the strap-on coming to Brighton Pride? :shook:
electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 34

Also. Rob Lewis was not playing with her last night and hasn't been there for a couple of shows. Wonder if he's still her musical director and is just not on stage.

Ricky Paegeot is part of the band now. He is (or was) Madonna's keyboard player and music director for the past 10 plus years.
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:04 pm

Why can’t gay pride have elements of a kink festival? What should gay pride be in your opinion? Kink is very much a part of gay culture, why do you want to separate it?
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

Also, if you want junk she’s pandering to her audience, you might not really know Xtina. And what does being a mom have to do with a gay pride performance?! Did it affect the way her children are being raised? Jesus.
Agreed. The over sexualization stems from not being able to like who you like in public, so it makes sense that it’s so in your face now. Same thing with women expressing their sexualities. Because women weren’t allowed to for so long, now it can be perceived as over sexualization of women. It’s about queer people and women being able to express themselves how they feel as it had to be hidden for such a long time. Christina wearing a strap on for a non-televised performance is no different from these televised performances with ass and coochie all out. It wasn’t a real dick and didn’t really look like one either. Just green and long.
Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:07 pm

Why can’t gay pride have elements of a kink festival? What should gay pride be in your opinion? Kink is very much a part of gay culture, why do you want to separate it?
People can do whatever they want at indoor/closed events. My issue is when it’s public and paraded around for all to see - children being my concern which is why this topic even started (someone mentioned children seeing inappropriate stuff at street parades etc).
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 14

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:47 pm Yeah, im not talking about the performance - the comment initially made was about kids seeing dildos and naked people all day.
Fair enough. As I said earlier; oversexualization and simulating sex acts and if Pride is veering towards kink festival, that's one thing.

Christina's performance is completely another topic and she's justified to perform whichever the way she pleases. :100:

But that's the irony of your statement: YOU think it's too much. She doesn't. Thus she doesn't "pander to stereotypes", this is who she is. As Christina so wisely put in that Fuse interview in 2010: "I don't think artists are trying to provoke, they just do". :womanshrug:

Christina as an artist does something that by her standards is most likely mild (wears bedazzled strap-on dildo onstage) and sexually repressed people get provoked. Same phenomenon happened with Dirrty.
musicfan
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 6

Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:03 pm

@musicfan the fact that you reacted with a rolling eye emoji rather than LEARN tells me everything I need to know. Goodbye Kyle! Let me know when you’re willing to listen to understand someone else’s perspective.
In my post I gave christina credit for not pandering to gay men like other artist do, the dildo is something gaga and Miley would, christina as always treated that community like human beings and not just a yas queen or gay best friend prop. You're gay you know the negative things people think of these type pride events.

They should be about pride, respect and equal rights not sex orgies and kinks!
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 15

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:45 pm
Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:39 pm
Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:37 pm

Which is why kids should be nowhere near “pride” which seems to be a kink festival these days from what I see. It’s so wrong.
Whats so wrong about it?
Kids being exposed to men pretending they’re dogs, over sexualised performances and a lot of naked? Yeah, nothing to see here.
The Grammys and vmas show the same sexualized and naked performances and kids are watching those too! It’s literally everywhere! All over social media! I’m sure the parents attending know better than to have kids out so late for adult partying! It’s your responsibility to monitor your kids whereabouts and what they are watching. And shielding them from things, does not mean it doesn’t exist or that they won’t seek it out themselves. It’s your job as a parent, to have control over your kids and educate them. Pride is known for embracing sexuality. If you don’t like it, don’t attend, and don’t watch. It’s very simple. Sexuality is not a bad thing.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

musicfan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:15 pm

In my post I gave christina credit for not pandering to gay men like other artist do, the dildo is something gaga and Miley would, christina as always treated that community like human beings and not just a yas queen or gay best friend prop. You're gay you know the negative things people think of these type pride events.

Gay rights is about sex tho as it’s regarding sexuality.
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

musicfan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:15 pm

With all due respect, what gives you the authority to tell a group of people how to celebrate their pride? Girl, you’re being a Karen.
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Now had Xtina actual used the dildo and was pleasuring herself. Yes, that’s a bit much. But the mere existence of it at a Pride Event is nothing to lose your shit over. Attend the Pride events that cater to your taste level. There are so many family oriented family events you can go to. Do your research and stop bitching.
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Wow at some of these comments, like, who knew Christina had some misinformed and prude fans :rip:
Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:13 pm

People can do whatever they want at indoor/closed events. My issue is when it’s public and paraded around for all to see - children being my concern which is why this topic even started (someone mentioned children seeing inappropriate stuff at street parades etc).
If your complain is about children seeing inappropriate stuff then how is it different from them watching stuff on tv/internet nowadays? It seems like being inappropriate on tv or wherever is ok as long as it follows heterosexual standards.
Xtina is not responsible for peoples’ kids. Parents are responsible for their kids.
Last edited by Xtinoacer on Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

XisGonGiveIt2U wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:21 pm
Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:39 pm

Whats so wrong about it?
Kids being exposed to men pretending they’re dogs, over sexualised performances and a lot of naked? Yeah, nothing to see here.
The Grammys and vmas show the same sexualized and naked performances and kids are watching those too! It’s literally everywhere! All over social media! I’m sure the parents attending know better than to have kids out so late for adult partying! It’s your responsibility to monitor your kids whereabouts and what they are watching. And shielding them from things, does not mean it doesn’t exist or that they won’t seek it out themselves. It’s your job as a parent, to have control over your kids and educate them. Pride is known for embracing sexuality. If you don’t like it, don’t attend, and don’t watch. It’s very simple. Sexuality is not a bad thing.
The Grammys are on tv and a certain point in the day. The things I’m talking about are in the middle of the day in public streets. They’re not the same in any way. Anyway I’m done with this element of the conversation.
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

AGAIN: WHAT CHILDREN?! And where are their parents?! And why aren’t we holding parents responsible for parenting said children?! Girl…what happened to you to hate gay pride so much?
Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Xtinoacer wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:34 pm

If your complain is about children seeing inappropriate stuff then how is it different from them watching stuff on tv/internet nowadays? It seems like being inappropriate on tv or wherever is ok as long as it follows heterosexual standards.
Xtina is not responsible for peoples’ kids. Parents are the responsible for their kids.
Any comment I’ve made is not in relation to xtina’s performance. On the other point, I don’t see heterosexuals walking through the streets in a hyper sexualised way, or wearing dog costumes on leads as an example (you made the comparison).
Bionica
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Cruz808 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:37 pm

AGAIN: WHAT CHILDREN?! And where are their parents?! And why aren’t we holding parents responsible for parenting said children?! Girl…what happened to you to hate gay pride so much?
Parents are taking their children to Street parades. Absolutely it’s the parents responsibility but some of these street events are branded as “family friendly”
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:38 pm

Xtina is not responsible for peoples’ kids. Parents are the responsible for their kids.
Any comment I’ve made is not in relation to xtina’s performance. On the other point, I don’t see heterosexuals walking through the streets in a hyper sexualised way, or wearing dog costumes on leads as an example (you made the comparison).
Have heterosexual males been forced to repress their sexuality for years? I don’t think so, your comparison is stupid, as are your arguments.
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:35 pm
XisGonGiveIt2U wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:21 pm

The Grammys are on tv and a certain point in the day. The things I’m talking about are in the middle of the day in public streets. They’re not the same in any way. Anyway I’m done with this element of the conversation.
Yes, but the Grammys performances are uploaded to YouTube and are all spread through videos and pictures on social media. So let’s not even go there. But yes, you ain’t going to convince us otherwise around here. ❤️
wee muckle
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 3

George wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:05 pm Is the strap-on coming to Brighton Pride? :shook:
I hope so!!!!
XisGonGiveIt2U
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Bionica wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:38 pm

Ever heard of Mardi Gras?!