25th June 2022 | Christina is a headliner for Mallorca Live Festival, Spain

Moments to remember...
Yass
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 5

Im a die hard fan, travelled from Germany to see her. She’s become too comfortable for me. Lipping every spanish song got me in tears. Passing 5 fans by car while leaving without stopping for a sec of course makes me even more mad. She doesn’t owe us anything but I’m hoping there will be a day we are getting more than this nostalgia show again.
Last edited by Yass on Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 36

@BaeTine he dances as expected :rip:
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 14

iosoke wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:48 pm 10 years ago she would sing the entire song, during the x tour she started to sing half of the song and now 1/3. What's happening to her? Is her stamina gone? Is she tired of singing ?
This is the truth and you guys can hate me as much as you want. 🤙
I was lucky to see her in the Liberation tour for the first time, and she only did half or a third of WAGW, COOB, KOSMS and Sick of Sittin'. These are the ones I can remember. I can't remember if she did Feel This Moment back then. Anyways, I didn't mind that at the time.

I hear what you're saying, and I have no energy to hate. I'm curious though. Which songs would like to have heard more of?
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 12

iosoke wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:48 pm 10 years ago she would sing the entire song, during the x tour she started to sing half of the song and now 1/3. What's happening to her? Is her stamina gone? Is she tired of singing ?
She’s doing medleys to fit more songs, so she still sings with the same length: 1 to 1.5 hours.

Although I wish she sings the entire song even if this would mean a shorter setlist.

About her stamina, she’s not as energetic as she used to be but I believe the lack of dancing can be masked by a proper staging. She should get a stage director who can choreograph for her, rather than just going left and right across the stage during her uptempos. She doesn’t need a dance breakdown lol just proper staging. Example: ANOM @ B2B tour.
Yass
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

FullCircle wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:04 pm
I was lucky to see her in the Liberation tour for the first time, and she only did half or a third of WAGW, COOB, KOSMS and Sick of Sittin'. These are the ones I can remember. I can't remember if she did Feel This Moment back then. Anyways, I didn't mind that at the time.

I hear what you're saying, and I have no energy to hate. I'm curious though. Which songs would like to have heard more of?
Give me something like twice, where there are still new vocal moments to enjoy.
LeVirgo
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 1

Xtina is not fluent in Spanish. I’m not shocked at all that she lipped those songs. Imagine if she messed up all the lyrics…the performance would be so awkward & she’d be burned at the stake in the media.

The clips I’ve seen of the show seemed fine to me. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 16

The anom note sounded immaculate.
Lana Del Rey
Yass
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

LeVirgo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:11 pm Xtina is not fluent in Spanish. I’m not shocked at all that she lipped those songs. Imagine if she messed up all the lyrics…the performance would be so awkward & she’d be burned at the stake in the media.

The clips I’ve seen of the show seemed fine to me. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
Imagine you made a couple of 100 thousand singing your own songs in Spanish. What would Kim K say?
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 9

LeVirgo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:11 pm Xtina is not fluent in Spanish. I’m not shocked at all that she lipped those songs. Imagine if she messed up all the lyrics…the performance would be so awkward & she’d be burned at the stake in the media.

girl you don't need to be fluent in a language just to SING. Anyway, I think she didn't have much time to rehearse those songs. Remember she recorded them years ago and she comes from Pride and others concerts that were totally different. She's not giving us the every day setlist but I agree with some of you who say she could hire some stage managers and more. Anyway, it seems that people had fun there
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

@pato pretty sure jean Rodriguez is there to help with the spanish songs
106th
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 4

Well I was at both Hollywood Bowl shows which were just a year ago and she was SINGING DOWN the ENTIRE show -- and lots of big, intricate, fun vocals.

BUT, she also didn't have to move/run/dance/jump around very much for that type of show.

I think in her mind, when it's a more high energy show/set (like Mallorca or Pride) she IN HER MIND thinks it means she can't really put so much energy/effort into the vocals bc then she thinks she'll be out of breath for the moving/walking/hand+ arm choreo etc.

Bc when she has shows where she mostly just stands there, or moves slowly/not often, she delivers very focused and intentional vocal performances.
Nottingham
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Her lipsyncing in front of the actual music videos really does make it look like karaoke.

Lord.

X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21

She was great a friend of mine (who was with me at LadyLand). Was front row and he say she was insane, her vocals were fire and her hair was amazing. I’m waiting for his recording as I requested.
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 11

I was issued a warning.

Is everyone else who doesn’t have positive things to say getting one as well?
Moralistic
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 33

O damn those comments are cringe af. Welp sometimes the truth hurts? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anyone who was at the show here?
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

X-mael wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:39 pm She was great a friend of mine (who was with me at LadyLand). Was front row and he say she was insane, her vocals were fire and her hair was amazing. I’m waiting for his recording as I requested.
:cupid:
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

106th wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:29 pm
Well I was at both Hollywood Bowl shows which were just a year ago and she was SINGING DOWN the ENTIRE show -- and lots of big, intricate, fun vocals.

BUT, she also didn't have to move/run/dance/jump around very much for that type of show.

I think in her mind, when it's a more high energy show/set (like Mallorca or Pride) she IN HER MIND thinks it means she can't really put so much energy/effort into the vocals bc then she thinks she'll be out of breath for the moving/walking/hand+ arm choreo etc.

Bc when she has shows where she mostly just stands there, or moves slowly/not often, she delivers very focused and intentional vocal performances.
:thumbsup:
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

dinvy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 pm @pato pretty sure jean Rodriguez is there to help with the spanish songs
who?
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

It's crazy that she thinks some songs/parts of song are difficult enough to sing live so she lips them but then she sings the opening ANOM note lmao
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 50

She looked and sounded great.

I don't know why some of you are complaining.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 29

Moralistic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:50 pm O damn those comments are cringe af. Welp sometimes the truth hurts? 🤷🏽‍♂️

You have been a negative Nancy for several weeks now. If you’re so annoyed with her then why are you here?
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Nottingham wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 pm Her lipsyncing in front of the actual music videos really does make it look like karaoke.

Lord.

This is basically what Brit, YOnks, Katy, Traylor, etc., have done their entire careers.

So now Christina does it for one song, and you guys are losing your minds? :lmao:

DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Moralistic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:50 pm O damn those comments are cringe af. Welp sometimes the truth hurts? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I agree those comments are cringy. I mean, none of them are music experts, and many of them stan for pop tarts. :monkeysee:

dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

pato wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:56 pm
dinvy wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 pm @pato pretty sure jean Rodriguez is there to help with the spanish songs
who?
The vocal producer of the ep's
106th
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

pato wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:58 pm

It's crazy that she thinks some songs/parts of song are difficult enough to sing live so she lips them but then she sings the opening ANOM note lmao

For the times she mimes the bigger notes/riffs lately, I don't necessarily think it's that she thinks she CAN"T do it live --- but more so out of security that she doesn't have an unpredictable off moment and flub it live and "let ppl down"

I think in her mind she knows ppl like to see her/think of her as this amazing voice, and if you do all those big riffs/belts live live every time, you're bound to flub it or mess something up once -- bc that is just HUMAN nature to have an off moment/day.

But to make sure it sounds good/like ppl expect, she just would rather fake it for the moment instead of risking it.

(Think of the vocal crack during Make the world Move on The Voice for example)
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 29

DevotionHURTS wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:58 pm She looked and sounded great.

I don't know why some of you are complaining.
They just love to complain. They say they just want more music. She does it then it’s they just want more videos. She does it. Then it’s they just want her setlists to stop being stale. She does it. They are never happy and keep moving the goalposts. She is a vocalist first. Whitney wasn’t dancing as she got in her 40’s either. They act like she’s up there looking like Mariah in a 4 sizes too small gown that she can’t move in so she stands in one place for 90 minutes. They just praised her LA Pride show 2 weeks ago, but now she’s boring?
Last edited by NewAgenda on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
106th
Genie Freed
Genie Freed

It is a BIT annoying that Britney and other artists have been known to lip synch their entire career/tours, and nobody seems to care

But when Xtina does it for a few songs or a few moments, or sings along WITH a track, ppl act like HOW DARE SHE

I get it tho... I think ppl hold her to a higher standard bc of being known as a big/iconic vocalist
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

Yass wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:02 pm Im a die hard fan, travelled from Germany to see her. She’s become too comfortable for me. Lipping every spanish song got me in tears. Passing 5 fans by car while leaving without stopping for a sec of course makes me even more mad. She doesn’t owe us anything but I’m hoping there will be a day we are getting more than this nostalgia show again.
I was actually disappointed a few weeks ago because she didn't perform ANY Spanish songs at the PRIDE festival, so I get how disappointing it must have been for you to be there tonight and not see her perform her new material LIVE. As someone already said it, she may not have been fully ready to perform them live, and it showed. To me that's better than putting it off though. I don't think she could afford to not perform her Spanish music this time. Tonight's show felt like an in-between eras show tbh, and that's not a bad thing. I think we'll get a proper AGUILERA tour at some point though and not just nostalgia shows forever.
I hope you were able to enjoy the show despite the lipping.

I also hope the Valencia show next month and her following shows are better. She'll have more time to prepare.
Last edited by FullCircle on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

106th wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:06 pm It is a BIT annoying that Britney and other artists have been known to lip synch their entire career/tours, and nobody seems to care

But when Xtina does it for a few songs or a few moments, or sings along WITH a track, ppl act like HOW DARE SHE

I get it tho... I think ppl hold her to a higher standard bc of being known as a big/iconic vocalist
Kinda... but ipping has been quite criticized lately... I think people started to realize that performers NEED to sing. I think xtina has always been respected for that
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 12

Cruz2318 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:45 pm I was issued a warning.

Is everyone else who doesn’t have positive things to say getting one as well?
No, negative comments, per se, will not get you banned.

It’s being a negative nancy for every damn thing that it gets so annoying that it’s ridiculous why you’re still here.