23rd Annual Latin Grammys (17.11.2022) | AGUILERA WON Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album

Moments to remember...
Leon
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 14

MaCK. wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:31 pm
janvinron wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 pm How did the other girls fair?

Becky, Nathy and Nicki? They all had new music correct? How about Tini? Ozuna?
Becky got 1 nom for MAMII. The rest of her noms are with Xtina.

Nathy, Nicki and TINI were all snubbed for their solo projects.
I'm so surprised a Nathy... wasn't she like the it girl last year?
FighterOfX
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 6

Christina Aguilera 30th time Grammy Nominee and Six time Winner.

Beautiful - Song of the Years it’s her 31, but only counts to Linda Perry
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 64

Faithy
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 3

This is the recognition she deserves. The latin community has always embraced her, so these nominations are very telling. Don't be fooled by bad Bunny & Rosalia-- as iconic as they are they are not legends like Xtina and voters like voting for something new. I actually think she will surprise a lot of people with quite a few wins. Plus if her team is smart and she releases "La Luz" during the voting period she will be fresh on everyone's mind. Now she just needs a Latin Tour and this era will already be iconic!
unbridled
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 9

Guys can anyone find the pic thats used for the cover of the reel
Like I Do
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 16

Buffy
Bionic Supersonic
Bionic Supersonic

BionicWooHoo wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:39 pm
dinvy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:29 pm @BionicWooHoo welcome back lol
I got banned from atrl for dragging Brittleknee too harshly and too often and now I have nowhere to share my excitement about the Grammy noms lmao
I literally got banned recently for simply saying Britney needs help. Like that’s all i said & then i got banned. The mods there are nuts & nobody is banned when dragging queen.
Buffy
Bionic Supersonic
Bionic Supersonic

BionicWooHoo wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:39 pm
dinvy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:29 pm @BionicWooHoo welcome back lol
I got banned from atrl for dragging Brittleknee too harshly and too often and now I have nowhere to share my excitement about the Grammy noms lmao
Queen won
Last edited by Buffy on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 26

Faithy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:52 pm This is the recognition she deserves. The latin community has always embraced her, so these nominations are very telling. Don't be fooled by bad Bunny & Rosalia-- as iconic as they are they are not legends like Xtina and voters like voting for something new. I actually think she will surprise a lot of people with quite a few wins. Plus if her team is smart and she releases "La Luz" during the voting period she will be fresh on everyone's mind. Now she just needs a Latin Tour and this era will already be iconic!
You are right. They might be popular but that doesn't mean anything. I think Rosalia has more chances than Bad Bunny, because she's not only popular, her album has received very good scores and reviews.

But that's a valid point, it is Christina freaking Aguilera and no one can't deny 1) HER VOICE and talent, and 2) that Aguilera is high quality music.
unbridled
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 9

Like I Do wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 pm Image
Stunning, want this in HQ and no font
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 52

Surprised Mamii was snubbed (only 1 nomination!)

Haters are on suicide watch, someone check on B, she must be preparing her next incoherent ost about the grammy committee and how they vote for Christina and not her.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 99

Like I Do wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 pm Image
she just woke up lol
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 50

MaCK. wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:31 pm
janvinron wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:26 pm How did the other girls fair?

Becky, Nathy and Nicki? They all had new music correct? How about Tini? Ozuna?
Becky got 1 nom for MAMII. The rest of her noms are with Xtina.

Nathy, Nicki and TINI were all snubbed for their solo projects.
OMG. This made Xtina's nominations even more impressive.

Now Sony Latin and Roc Nation have to campaign hard for PMM :shook:
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Leon wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:32 pm WOW 29 time Grammy Nominee Christina Aguilera sounds nice.

She's definitely going to perform. She should also do the red carpet, sit in the audience and present an award and win 3!
She's definitely going to do more during the awards night lol. I mean, she even participated in the announcement of nominees. And she's nominated in all major categories.

Now, I expect a full performance of Somos Nada. Kidding!
AgentX
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 1

FullCircle wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 pm Last night I dreamt she won 5 Latin Grammys
@KevinKardashian better step up your game gurl
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 12

Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 55

Faithy wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:52 pm This is the recognition she deserves. The latin community has always embraced her, so these nominations are very telling. Don't be fooled by bad Bunny & Rosalia-- as iconic as they are they are not legends like Xtina and voters like voting for something new. I actually think she will surprise a lot of people with quite a few wins. Plus if her team is smart and she releases "La Luz" during the voting period she will be fresh on everyone's mind. Now she just needs a Latin Tour and this era will already be iconic!
Add in a physical release of the whole project once La Luz comes out and I'll agree with you. As chaotic and messy this whole thing is - winning a bunch of graammys, releasing the physical CD and finally tour for her Latin American fans will be a beautiful close to this. And then she fulfilled her Spanish obligations and can feed fans will a collab here and there. Especially if a collab with her means a grammy nod, i bet people will be lining up to do one (kind of messed up that Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti didnt get any nominations but whatever).
Moralistic
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 35

Wow I'm so happy for our girl! She must be so elated to feel the love! Can't wait for La Luz!
Neutral
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 8

Working with so many established and new Latin writers and producers was far more a calculated move than expected, it honestly paid off because even if they didn’t asume she’d give them huge hits they respect her unparalleled talent (which English speaking producers don’t care about) kudos to the Sony Latin team for putting this workgroup together and for her taking studio work and time seriously (and even putting her writers in videos) I hope she adapts this strategy more in the future. Work with people who respect your talent rather than trying to convince those who don’t.
Betty
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 4

So excited for Christina! This album has explored different genres and vocals and I'm super proud of her. Can't wait for la luz.
Xaj46
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

Lol just waking up maybe she is in London jet lagged getting ready for her stripped 20th anniversary special
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 64

Not that it really matters right now, but I'm curious what they sent to Best Pop Song that didn't get nominated? I'd assume since "PMM" and "Santo" were nominated in Best Urban/Fusion that those songs were only allowed to be sent in the songwriting category there as well (which they were not nominated in, either).

It's just so strange that a song like "PMM" can be nominated for SOTY (and ROTY!), yet not secure a nomination in the specific field (for songwriting), but was nominated in the performance category.
Last edited by Mr. X on Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 32

xtina10 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:21 pm I ALSO HOPE SHAKIRA ATTENDS ONE LAST TIME AND GIVES HER A STANDING OVATION BEFORE SHE GOES TO PRISON.
:rip:
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 21

Slaying them with a Selena tribute like IAMMW in 07 would be ICONIC.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

I was only expecting 1-2 nominations. This is beautiful. The performance last year paid off.
Camtina2
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 26

Neutral wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:47 pm Working with so many established and new Latin writers and producers was far more a calculated move than expected, it honestly paid off because even if they didn’t asume she’d give them huge hits they respect her unparalleled talent (which English speaking producers don’t care about) kudos to the Sony Latin team for putting this workgroup together and for her taking studio work and time seriously (and even putting her writers in videos) I hope she adapts this strategy more in the future. Work with people who respect your talent rather than trying to convince those who don’t.
Exactly. She should just work with all of them from here on out. Spanish, English, it doesn't matter. They get her musically, vocally, and artistically.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 48

This also lets people know she put out some amazing music this year. I’m not even fluent in Spanish, but the production and vocals are superb on AGUILERA.
Alo
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 6

Omg!!! This is amazing. I think she could win Fusion but Bad Bunny is taking all the main categories. As for regional ....I hope she doesnt I can see Mexicans being angry that an outsider wins the award. It would be as if "Like I Do" won best rap/sung at the grammys
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 74

Camtina2 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:25 pm
Neutral wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:47 pm Working with so many established and new Latin writers and producers was far more a calculated move than expected, it honestly paid off because even if they didn’t asume she’d give them huge hits they respect her unparalleled talent (which English speaking producers don’t care about) kudos to the Sony Latin team for putting this workgroup together and for her taking studio work and time seriously (and even putting her writers in videos) I hope she adapts this strategy more in the future. Work with people who respect your talent rather than trying to convince those who don’t.
Exactly. She should just work with all of them from here on out. Spanish, English, it doesn't matter. They get her musically, vocally, and artistically.
Yeah her next album should be Spanglish with the same producers and writers tbh.
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Alo wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:00 pm Omg!!! This is amazing. I think she could win Fusion but Bad Bunny is taking all the main categories. As for regional ....I hope she doesnt I can see Mexicans being angry that an outsider wins the award. It would be as if "Like I Do" won best rap/sung at the grammys
You twist yourself into pretzels defending Britney's antics against Xtina and here you are twisting yourself into pretzels again saying that Xtina should not win a category.

@dinvy @BaeTine @Anitta @Data it's about time?