Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 46

dinvy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:28 pm @pato ! @paulrivas88 ! Tini got a golden gull award or something, what that means?
Whew sis I just googled and them bes some ugly fucking trophies. :rip: I really want Christy to get them both tho. :shook:
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 12

Emma wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:12 pm :roll:

Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 129

Fighter wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:02 pm At the video you can see she is rehearsing come on over. Darling we want VEN CONMIGO
fans said it was for Genie.

but yes Ven Conmigo or nothing. :manshrug:
Striptina
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 45

electronicsupersonic wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:05 pm Our hero reporter.
https://instagram.com/aleratcliffe?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Queen needs to meet her! She's run right into our hearts :love: :shook:

:sparkles: proud stan since 2002 :sparkles:

:sparkles: Xtina is a Lightworker :sparkles:
Striptina
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Sapphire wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:56 am
Emma wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:12 pm :roll:

I don't have the login to twitter anymore! Please DM her the gifs 🙏 I LOVE running reporter
She's a mood I hope she gets to meet Queen

Striptina
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

pato wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:45 pm
Erotica wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:28 pm

@BaeTine
oooh, so nice from him. queen could go out since there are just a few fans outside. I bet more people will go after seeing where she is
The fan who answered Birds of Prey as their favourite song! This is so sweet! I hope she gets out and about with her fans in Chile

Fighter
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 26

Hocus Pocus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:57 am
Fighter wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:02 pm At the video you can see she is rehearsing come on over. Darling we want VEN CONMIGO
fans said it was for Genie.

but yes Ven Conmigo or nothing. :manshrug:
The dance is genie but they have this screen with lyrics and it says COME ON OVER
Striptina
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

I wonder if she's doing the English versions of Genie and COOB because she has the more modern remixes made of them that she's used to performing now in her sets. And doesn't have those for VC or her Mi Reflejo material generally. 🤔

electronicsupersonic
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 17

Striptina wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:35 am I wonder if she's doing the English versions of Genie and COOB because she has the more modern remixes made of them that she's used to performing now in her sets. And doesn't have those for VC or her Mi Reflejo material generally. 🤔
COOB has not been in the setlist for a while, she could do a spanglish version maybe.
IAMHAM
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 16

I don't expect her to do ven conmigo, I do hope she does falsas esperanzas and pero me acuerdo de ti ( I am just afraid it will be shortened versions). It would be nice if she does again la reina and cuando me de la gana, I think those four songs would please the audience and would show a interesting and surprising side of her( a lot of casual listeners attending are probably not aware these new songs exist). I hope she sees this concert as an award ceremony and prepared something a little bit different like her last latin billboard and grammys performances.
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 28

pato wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:41 pm
dinvy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:28 pm @pato ! @paulrivas88 ! Tini got a golden gull award or something, what that means?
They get awards because of popularity I think. My sis @paulrivas88 should know about it. I think it's by voting?
It's an audience given award. Depends on how engaging the show is, the artist receives the ovation and the people start screaming "Gaviota" which is the iconic Viña del Mar bird (and trophy)
After they get the silver one, the artist is allowed to perform more songs in order to get the Golden one which is the highest award of the night even though I'm sure they have given someone a Díamond one in the past
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 46

paulrivas88 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:34 am
They get awards because of popularity I think. My sis @paulrivas88 should know about it. I think it's by voting?
It's an audience given award. Depends on how engaging the show is, the artist receives the ovation and the people start screaming "Gaviota" which is the iconic Viña del Mar bird (and trophy)
After they get the silver one, the artist is allowed to perform more songs in order to get the Golden one which is the highest award of the night even though I'm sure they have given someone a Díamond one in the past
Can the audience demand silver “gaviota” if i.e they love the show very early during the set?
Lana Del Rey
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 28

Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:40 am

Can the audience demand silver “gaviota” if i.e they love the show very early during the set?
The can but there's an specific timing for each thing.
After one hour is the time when the audience can say this and the hosts come out and then ask the question and the award is given
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 129

paulrivas88 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:43 am

After one hour is the time when the audience can say this and the hosts come out and then ask the question and the award is given
oh god it sounds like a talent show :cackle: I wonder if xtina knows about it lol.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Hocus Pocus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:45 am

oh god it sounds like a talent show :cackle: I wonder if xtina knows about it lol.
I won't lie I'm a bit worried about it. Xtina's lazy ass won't speak a bit of spanish (duh, I know she doesn't but she can learn one or two phrases). They are rehersing COOB? when they have the spanish version? :drunk: And if this show is the same as her billionaire setlist the audience will eat her alive :ziggy:
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

LMAO the audience is called 'the monster'
there are some videos of why they booed the artists
https://www.eluniverso.com/entretenimie ... ival-nota/

And I remember the maroon 5 episode :cackle: he hated it viña after that
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 3

I don’t have high hopes for this. The only thing I’m actually hoping for is that her performance is good enough that she doesn’t get bad press.
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 66

pato wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:50 pm

I won't lie I'm a bit worried about it. Xtina's lazy ass won't speak a bit of spanish (duh, I know she doesn't but she can learn one or two phrases). They are rehersing COOB? when they have the spanish version? :drunk: And if this show is the same as her billionaire setlist the audience will eat her alive :ziggy:

I was watching Xtina's last performances during summer at UK, and kinda feel what you mean too, especially after seeing Karol G and Tini performances, both of them are not big vocalist and lbh are not so talent, but they work all the stage and were constantly interacting with the audience wich at Viña is important to win the attendance simpaty, hopefully someone explained Queen the concept of how the festival dinamic works and she brings her A Game. She really needs to sing her latin clasics and engage the audience with her. Also the fans attending need to be as loud as possible and make her feel the latin love 💜
fergal
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 2

She must know about the dinamic, would be dumb to accept be part of Viña del Mar not knowing all this.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 9

fergal wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:48 pm She must know about the dinamic, would be dumb to accept be part of Viña del Mar not knowing all this.
Maroon 5 lol
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

fergal wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:48 pm She must know about the dinamic, would be dumb to accept be part of Viña del Mar not knowing all this.
Well, Adam said he didn't know the festival was being streaming, for example! Hopefully she's aware of everything and will slay us all 🔥
Fighter
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 26

Atrapadobaby wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 pm
Maroon 5 lol
That’s the reason cause Adam is hated here in Chile 🇨🇱
Xplayer
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 22

pato wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:50 pm

I was worried too. But I feel better knowing she's been there since Monday, and they've been rehearsing. I do hope she sings most of the songs completely though.
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 57

She has to be aware of how big Ven Conmigo was right? I coukd understand if she does Genie English version but even I know Ven Conmigo was much bigger than COOB in Spanish Speaking countries.
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Franzjoseph wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:30 pm She has to be aware of how big Ven Conmigo was right? I coukd understand if she does Genie English version but even I know Ven Conmigo was much bigger than COOB in Spanish Speaking countries.
In a perfect world she will do the original versions and full length of;
Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti
Falsas Esperanzas
Ven Conmigo
Contigo en la Distancia
Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti with Alejandro :tellmemore:
Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 8

Franzjoseph wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:30 pm She has to be aware of how big Ven Conmigo was right? I coukd understand if she does Genie English version but even I know Ven Conmigo was much bigger than COOB in Spanish Speaking countries.
Well Ven Conmigo is one of her biggest and most remembered hits in Spain and she didn't include it in her concerts in the country last year (nothing from Mi Reflejo, not even an interlude)
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Jamert wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:54 pm
Well Ven Conmigo is one of her biggest and most remembered hits in Spain and she didn't include it in her concerts in the country last year (nothing from Mi Reflejo, not even an interlude)
Its so messed up because I feel like she altered her setlist actually quite well for those concerts in Mexico in 2018 adding in Falsa's Esperanzas, Contigo En La Distancia and Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti. And the fan interaction on those songs was bigger than all her english songs so its shocking she wouldnt do any of that for those Spanish concerts....in the middle of a SPanish era and she even promoted Mi Reflejo in Spain at the time.
Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 32

I hope her team informed her how that works or she’s at least watching some of the other performances.

Also Maroon 5 excuse that he didn’t know it was being streamed it’s lame, it’s like saying if I know I’m being filmed I would put up a better show. Like bitch you should do it regardless!
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

If she sings Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti I'm certain she can have a moment like Nelly Furtado did with Fotographia on her show!
Antonymous Gawker
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 4

Myriam Hernández joined Kagá G, so I am so looking forward to a live performance of Myriam and Christina... These two balada queens singing together on the Viña stage, it would be so iconic.