Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 66

Antonymous Gawker wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:28 pm Myriam Hernández joined Kagá G, so I am so looking forward to a live performance of Myriam and Christina... These two balada queens singing together on the Viña stage, it would be so iconic.
Alejandro Fernandez for Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti
Nicki Nicole Pa' Mis Muchachas also Naty should take a flight if she's in Argentina and join 👀
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 24

Nathan wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:52 pm
fergal wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:48 pm She must know about the dinamic, would be dumb to accept be part of Viña del Mar not knowing all this.
Well, Adam said he didn't know the festival was being streaming, for example! Hopefully she's aware of everything and will slay us all 🔥
She most or her team bc it was posted on her IG account partnering with Billboard, so she most know!!

Christina is a veteran if she flops in this show is because she doesn’t care but we all wish to see her in ha A game on stage.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 129

X-mael wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:15 pm
fergal wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:48 pm She must know about the dinamic, would be dumb to accept be part of Viña del Mar not knowing all this.
Well, Adam said he didn't know the festival was being streaming, for example! Hopefully she's aware of everything and will slay us all 🔥
She most or her team bc it was posted on her IG account partnering with Billboard, so she most know!!

Christina is a veteran if she flops in this show is because she doesn’t care but we all wish to see her in ha A game on stage.

If she didn't care, she wouldn't be there. I think she does care and knows how important this festival is but at the same time we've seen that she's not 100% confident performing many Spanish songs live (looks like she's confident with Pero me acuardo de ti, Pas Mi Muchachas though)

Anyway, I'm so excited and nervous about this performance. If it's not too late for us European bitches, I might watch it live.
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 64

Xtinoacer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:40 pm I hope her team informed her how that works or she’s at least watching some of the other performances.

Also Maroon 5 excuse that he didn’t know it was being streamed it’s lame, it’s like saying if I know I’m being filmed I would put up a better show. Like bitch you should do it regardless!
Lbr if it’s her normal team they probably don’t know how big of a deal this is…as evidenced by rehearsing COOB vs the Spanish version.

Will this be the largest live crowd she has ever performed in front of?
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 57

BotchedBody1 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:36 pm
Xtinoacer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:40 pm I hope her team informed her how that works or she’s at least watching some of the other performances.

Also Maroon 5 excuse that he didn’t know it was being streamed it’s lame, it’s like saying if I know I’m being filmed I would put up a better show. Like bitch you should do it regardless!
Lbr if it’s her normal team they probably don’t know how big of a deal this is…as evidenced by rehearsing COOB vs the Spanish version.

Will this be the largest live crowd she has ever performed in front of?
Nope Mawazine was in Morocco

FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 18

The fact that they're rehearsing COOB is proof that it's not just the billionaire's tour setlist, so we should relax a little. Also, doing Ven Conmigo is like asking Belinda to perform Sapito. COOB is more mature and overall a better song. She might even surprise us and do Spanglish versions of COOB and Genie. Let's have a little bit more faith in Christina.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

omg i forgot she performed Contigo en la distancia in 2021

ok she better perform it in Chile then!!!
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

FullCircle wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:50 pm The fact that they're rehearsing COOB is proof that it's not just the billionaire's tour setlist, so we should relax a little. Also, doing Ven Conmigo is like asking Belinda to perform Sapito. COOB is more mature and overall a better song. She might even surprise us and do Spanglish versions of COOB and Genie. Let's have a little bit more faith in Christina.
She should perform the Spanish version of Come on over simply because Ven Conmigo was a massive hit and it's a classic BUT let's be honest Christina hasn't performed it in decades and she won't bother memorising the lyrics in 2023 when she can easily sing the English version and let the audience sing the Spanish lyrics lol :cackle:

Joke aside, yes she can pull a Spanglish version too, I mean it's not difficult to sing Solamente tu Ven conmigo, ven conmigo baby like 8 times.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 46

Hocus Pocus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:53 pm
FullCircle wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:50 pm The fact that they're rehearsing COOB is proof that it's not just the billionaire's tour setlist, so we should relax a little. Also, doing Ven Conmigo is like asking Belinda to perform Sapito. COOB is more mature and overall a better song. She might even surprise us and do Spanglish versions of COOB and Genie. Let's have a little bit more faith in Christina.
She should perform the Spanish version of Come on over simply because Ven Conmigo was a massive hit and it's a classic BUT let's be honest Christina hasn't performed it in decades and she won't bother memorising the lyrics in 2023 when she can easily sing the English version and let the audience sing the Spanish lyrics lol :cackle:

Joke aside, yes she can pull a Spanglish version too, I mean it's not difficult to sing Solamente tu Ven conmigo, ven conmigo baby like 8 times.
Sorry, is the working hypothesis here that Christy still remembers the lyrics to the COOB rap? Because... :rip:
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

BaeTine wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 pm

Sorry, is the working hypothesis here that Christy still remembers the lyrics to the COOB rap? Because... :rip:
I don't expect her to perform the full song :manshrug:

Last edited by Hocus Pocus on Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 46

Hocus Pocus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:58 pm
BaeTine wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 pm

I don't expect her to perform the full song :manshrug:
Okay, this makes more sense. I was gonna say it might as well be in Swahili. :cackle:
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

can you elaborate? I don't remember what happened with Maroon 5... Was Adam awful live? Was he rude?
Jamert wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:54 pm
Franzjoseph wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:30 pm She has to be aware of how big Ven Conmigo was right? I coukd understand if she does Genie English version but even I know Ven Conmigo was much bigger than COOB in Spanish Speaking countries.
Well Ven Conmigo is one of her biggest and most remembered hits in Spain and she didn't include it in her concerts in the country last year (nothing from Mi Reflejo, not even an interlude)
True but honestly, I feel that she did not take seriously the Spanish shows. She just prepared one setlist for all summer shows and that's all.

Viña Del Mar Festival is completely different and on a whole other level and her team knows it (at least, Gilbert should know that lol)
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 24

Hocus Pocus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:34 pm
X-mael wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:15 pm

If she didn't care, she wouldn't be there. I think she does care and knows how important this festival is but at the same time we've seen that she's not 100% confident performing many Spanish songs live (looks like she's confident with Pero me acuardo de ti, Pas Mi Muchachas though)

Anyway, I'm so excited and nervous about this performance. If it's not too late for us European bitches, I might watch it live.

Absolutely, but when I meant “she doesn’t care” is giving the confident impression she gave us years ago, nowadays it makes her seems lazy. I enjoy Queen live no matter what she can just stand up and belting, but when you see her with that spark and energy it most be precious.

I cannot wait for the show neither.
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina

@pato remind me did you end up getting a ticket?
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Alejandro is currently singing Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti, alone with the audience singing every word loud, beautiful, wish Xtina was with him!
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina

Will we get the iconic Your Body bridge opening? :shook:
Fighter
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 26

Nathan wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 pm Alejandro is currently singing Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti, alone with the audience singing every word loud, beautiful, wish Xtina was with him!
It was amazing 😻
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Nathan wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 pm Alejandro is currently singing Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti, alone with the audience singing every word loud, beautiful, wish Xtina was with him!
omg

what are the chances to see him joining Christina on stage on 02/23? It would be ICONIC because it would be shown live in front of millions.. it would be the first televised performance of the song, right?

how come it wasn't nominated for a Latin Grammy...
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 14

WHAT A WIERD ASS FESTIVAL.. THE AUDIENCE VOTES ON WHO GETS AWARDED?
THE FUCK?!
ALSO, WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH UGLY BITCHES ON HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT XTINA DOING THE ENGLISH VERSION OF A SONG IF THE SHOW HASN'T EVEN BEGUN AND DON'T KNOW THE OFFICIAL SET LIST.
JUST WAIT FOR THE SHOW AND COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YA'LL DO OR DON'T LIKE AFTER
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Hocus Pocus wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:18 pm
omg

what are the chances to see him joining Christina on stage on 02/23? It would be ICONIC because it would be shown live in front of millions.. it would be the first televised performance of the song, right?

how come it wasn't nominated for a Latin Grammy...
As this is his song and he already performed it, I don't think he will sing it again 😞 but it was awesome how the audience sang every word with him! Well they are singing all the songs, I'm not a fan of his music but so far I think this is the best night of the festival so far!
FighterOfX
Cherry Pop
Cherry Pop
Posts in topic: 3

Franzjoseph wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:14 pm

If she sings Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti I'm certain she can have a moment like Nelly Furtado did with Fotographia on her show!
Beautiful :cupid:

Imagine a real latin tour :shook:

1. Dirrty / Ya Llegué
2. Genio Atrapado
3. Suéltame
4. Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti
5. Contigo En La Distancia
6. Falsas Esperanzas
7. Santo
8. Pa Mis Muchachas
9. La Reina
10. Cuando Me de La Gana
11. Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti / Si No Te Hubiera Conocido
12. Por Siempre Tú
13. Fighter
14. Lady Marmalade
Encore
15. Beautiful
16. Moves Like Jagger/Feel This Moment
17. Ven Conmigo

She can replace at some dates with
- Mi Reflejo
- No es que te extrañe
- Somos Nada
Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 32

I hope she performs the original version of her songs so the audience can sing with her.
Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 32

xtina10 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:25 pm WHAT A WIERD ASS FESTIVAL.. THE AUDIENCE VOTES ON WHO GETS AWARDED?
THE FUCK?!
ALSO, WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH UGLY BITCHES ON HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT XTINA DOING THE ENGLISH VERSION OF A SONG IF THE SHOW HASN'T EVEN BEGUN AND DON'T KNOW THE OFFICIAL SET LIST.
I don’t know how it is now but back in the day it was very nerve wracking for the artists because they needed to bring their A game for that concert. The audience basically evaluated the artists based on their performance so they can get the award.
The good thing is that artist would put an amazing show because of that.
Franzjoseph
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 57

xtina10 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:25 pm WHAT A WIERD ASS FESTIVAL.. THE AUDIENCE VOTES ON WHO GETS AWARDED?
THE FUCK?!
It's because the Spanish version is her biggest uptempo hit in Latin America. It's more people speculating if she will all together ignore her biggest uptempo or opt for the English version or nothing at all.
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 14

Xtinoacer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:00 pm
THE FUCK?!
I don’t know how it is now but back in the day it was very nerve wracking for the artists because they needed to bring their A game for that concert. The audience basically evaluated the artists based on their performance so they can get the award.
The good thing is that artist would put an amazing show because of that.
GURRRL BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT THIS IS XTINA WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.
WE STAN A #BADBITCH.
PLUS, XTINA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT AWARDS.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Ven conmigo basically made her who she is in latin America :ziggy: COOB is more mature? It's the same song :cackle:
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

BotchedBody1 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 pm @pato remind me did you end up getting a ticket?
Nope :cry:
I'm Argentinian
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

where is the coob rehearsal coming from? I only see genie posted by background singers teni and sheherazade
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina

pato wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:20 pm
BotchedBody1 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:11 pm @pato remind me did you end up getting a ticket?
Nope :cry:
I'm Argentinian
Well at least you can watch the stream. Hopefully it’s a good show
BotchedBody1
La Reina
La Reina

Xtinoacer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:58 pm I hope she performs the original version of her songs so the audience can sing with her.
Sis that’s never going to happen lol manage your expectations a bit