Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 46

You guys don’t seem to realize 99% of the people in the audience are not familiar with this set list. She won’t invest energy to change it just to please 20 homosexuals and that is that.
The goal tonight was to win the audience approval and she certainly did that like she hasn’t done in years.
Last edited by Bad_vocal_technique on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lana Del Rey
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 49

Lotus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:30 pm Hope this inspires her to continue releasing Spanish material along with her English albums as well.
Hope this inspires her to perform more on tv.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Nottingham wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:42 pm This fanbase is Christina's biggest bully.

But also biggest enablers. We give, we take.
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 23

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:45 pm
Lotus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:44 pm Listening now her vocals are not at her caliber, I know she can sing much better than that to her standards.
agreed, definitely not her best but not her worst either.
I wish she would strip back her shows and get rid of the geriatric dancers with the same tired ass choreography, re-work her songs to fit her range and have better arrangements.
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 16

They were shanting for the platinum award but she left. I don't think they are mad tho lol.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 129

Xplayer wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:45 pm
Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:44 pm
pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:43 pm
they were asking for more and the platino award
still waiting for VEN CONMIGO :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:
and HTGDT.
technically it's not her song and Alejandro already performed it 2 nights ago
H2o
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 14

The crowd was booing because they not give her Platino award
XAMJ
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 6

https://www.radioagricultura.cl/entrete ... a-vergara/

Omg Xtina was boo’d after she left cause the audience wanted to give her the third award, A FUCKING MESS

I HATE HER TEAM
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 66

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:41 pm
H2o wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 pm Viña people is still mad lmao
omg why
They continue screaming for the platinum award, but that award was given already a couple of days ago, even the next act (the comedian) started a bit nervous for people's reaction!
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 pm They were shanting for the platinum award but she left. I don't think they are mad tho lol.
so she was expected to stay on stage? :manshrug:
XtinaDaily
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 10

https://www.13.cl/programas/entretencio ... ntacion-de
Chile does not forget: Adam Levine is a trending topic after the presentation of Christina Aguilera
Last edited by XtinaDaily on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
忠 勇 真 www.xtinadaily.com :sparkles: Christina Aguilera Discord Server: https://discord.gg/k66VvFcAjF subreddit: https://twitter.com/XtinaDaiIy :lit:
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Nottingham wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:42 pm This fanbase is Christina's biggest bully.

We don't bully her, we bully her creative team.

Last edited by Erotica on Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 37

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 pm They were shanting for the platinum award but she left. I don't think they are mad tho lol.
Her team should have explained this to Christy. Seems like a big deal and she was rushing through it because she was uncomfortable. She even tried to read the gold award to see what it was for.
Lament
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 18

Did they boo her or the organization for not giving her the platinum award? Or both? I'm confused. Some tweets are saying people are mad?

Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Nathan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm
H2o wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 pm Viña people is still mad lmao
omg why
They continue screaming for the platinum award, but that award was given already a couple of days ago, even the next act (the comedian) started a bit nervous for people's reaction!
so basically they have to give it to only one artist? mess.
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

George wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm
Her team should have explained this to Christy. Seems like a big deal and she was rushing through it because she was uncomfortable. She even tried to read the gold award to see what it was for.
Yeah another failure, can't believe her team booked her this festival without explaining how it works :monkeysee:
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm You guys don’t seem to realize 99% of the people in the audience are not familiar with this set list. She won’t invest energy to change it just to please 20 homosexuals and that is that.
The goal tonight was to win the audience approval and she certainly did that like she hasn’t done in years.
20 homosexuals???
To give you an example, VEN CONMIGO was for the people who grew up with her and EVERYBODY there knew it. GIAB was just like singing GENIO with the same melody and everything else. What did you think? People wanted to listen to kimono girl? lmao
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

George wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm
You would think fucking worthless Dilbert would earn his lil coins just this one time by translating or at least providing context, but instead he dry humped the floor which is something literally not one person in the entire world deserves to see. Like if Hitler were alive rn and watching, I would DM a bitch to be like yo I'm so sorry I hope this doesn't ruin your view of Christy.
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

The Gaviota de Platino (English: Platinum Seagull) is currently considered the most important award that can be delivered at the festival; is manufactured and delivered exclusively for artists who have had an outstanding musical career, prior determination of the organizers.

This award was given only in two times: the first time to Luis Miguel, in recognition of his 30-year career at the 2012 Viña del Mar International Song Festival. The second time to Isabel Pantoja at the 2017 Viña del Mar International Song Festival, in appreciation both his career and the deceased Mexican singer Juan Gabriel, friend of the singer and composer of a good part of her artistic work. In this time, the award was destined for Juan Gabriel due to the large number of presentations at the festival; however, his visit was interrupted due to his death in August 2016.[7]

The award is made from rhodium chromium, platinum group element, and has 85 insets of Swarovski crystal. The bottom holding the trophy also has blue- and white insets.[8] The prize has an estimated value of CLP 500 000, a US$1000.[9]
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Lament wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm Did they boo her or the organization for not giving her the platinum award? Or both? I'm confused. Some tweets are saying people are mad?

Looks like the organisation for not giving her the award. It's great to see that they love her so much that they are angry she didn't receive the platinum award.

Can they give it to her in Santiago? :rip:
Andreita
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 6

Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:51 pm
Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm You guys don’t seem to realize 99% of the people in the audience are not familiar with this set list. She won’t invest energy to change it just to please 20 homosexuals and that is that.
20 homosexuals???
To give you an example, VEN CONMIGO was for the people who grew up with her and EVERYBODY there knew it. GIAB was just like singing GENIO with the same melody and everything else. What did you think? People wanted to listen to kimono girl? lmao
Exactly. People grew up with Mi Reflejo and they pay a ticket to see an iconic artist perform the hits, not Vanity. :manshrug:
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

Her reception in Chile was incredible. Chilean fans deserve the world for this!
Nathan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 66

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:49 pm
Nathan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm

omg why
so basically they have to give it to only one artist? mess.
Indeed is messy. Even the artist who perform yesterday basically was denied the award to (Fito Paez) he had performed at the festival 5 times already.

And to the people who said I'm a hater just for saying that for me Christina didn't deserve the platinum award for today's performance can take several seats. I love her, but she wasn't even aware of what was happening, she left immediately, everything was so rush, and for this you can't blame only to the festival organization!
XtinaStripped
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 4

This is so strange. They're booing cause they couldn't give her a platinum segul award? HAHAHAHA
rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 16

Hocus Pocus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm
The dynamic of this festival is weird, especially for someone like Christina Freaking Aguilera, because it's like a talent show based on the crowd being pleased and clapping and shanting to give the awards, silver, gold and platinum. So, they wanted to give her the biggest one, which is platinum but she left after she was done with her set. I think she was not informed. And I believe they were mad with the presenters or the festival for not having her coming back. The public is not after her.
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

The link embedded properly is already in the main thread's op
Lament
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 18

I hope people don't think they're booing at her… Haters will sure have a field day about this, when the reception was otherwise incredible.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm
The dynamic of this festival is weird, especially for someone like Christina Freaking Aguilera, because it's like a talent show based on the crowd being pleased and clapping and shanting to give the awards, silver, gold and platinum. So, they wanted to give her the biggest one, which is platinum but she left after she was done with her set. I think she was not informed. And I believe they were mad with the presenters or the festival for not having her coming back. The public is not after her.
So the other person who said there is only one platinum and it was already awarded was wrong? She could have gotten one as well?
Hocus Pocus
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm

Thanks for explaining. The presenters said that Christina has to go back to Santiago.

However, someone here said that the platinum award was already given to someone else?