Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 49

Sapphire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:52 pm she slayed

and what is Platino Awards, is it like Grammys?
It's like the audience is giving you an award for great entertainment. There are three awards. Silver, Gold, and Platinum. From what I gather is that the Platinum award is very rare and given as a lifetime achievement.
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 15

People want her back, and the platinum seagull
MakeMeYours
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 1

Christina was amazing.
The setlist not so much. Vanity? Really?
Mr. X
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 8

Erotica wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:57 pm
Sapphire wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:52 pm she slayed

and what is Platino Awards, is it like Grammys?
It's like the audience is giving you an award for great entertainment. There are three awards. Silver, Gold, and Platinum. From what I gather is that the Platinum award is very rare and given as a lifetime achievement.
This makes sense then. They're a Chilean band founded in 1963, so the lifetime achievement part seems correct.

They were given the award yesterday.
https://redgol.cl/tiempolibre/Los-Jaiva ... -0072.html
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 18

When was the last time we had a televised Christina Aguilera concert? I am in love with this
H2o
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 14

Wow they were stanning hard

paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 28

Okay, I was there... I'm absolutely SLAYED 😭😭😭My God, I love her so much 😩😩😩
That being said, people wanted her to come back and get the platinum trophy but that was already set up. Maybe the didn't expect the crowd to be that engaged and in love with her.
It was MADNESS in there. People ADORED her 😍❤️
Anyway, I'm so so so happy about this show. On Twitter she was TT WW and they were just loving her
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

H2o wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm Wow they were stanning hard

We were. It was MADNESS in there
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

Faithy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:20 pm Something special is happening. Keep in mind I haven't watched a single clip of this concert because I forgot it was today, but I casually went on Twitter and never in my life have I seen Christina Aguilera trend #1 with over 50,000 impressions. I'm shook. This message board is very critical of her because we know her true potential andI'm sure I'm gonna watch this later and be annoyed at many things, but whether she did good or not is irrelevant because the energy on twitter is insane. I feel like she's Michael Jackson or something. I'm so proud of her. With that said, she needs to release new music and that documentary asap because I have a feeling a comeback is imminent. People are craving her again!
:cupid:
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23

rubenprez
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 16

paulrivas88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm Okay, I was there... I'm absolutely SLAYED 😭😭😭My God, I love her so much 😩😩😩
That being said, people wanted her to come back and get the platinum trophy but that was already set up. Maybe the didn't expect the crowd to be that engaged and in love with her.
Anyway, I'm so so so happy about this show. On Twitter she was TT WW and they were just loving her
Happy for you my dear Paul 😘
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 23

I am so proud to see the reaction, she is truly a GLOBAL superstar, I dont care what other stanbases or angry d!kes say she is that.
Norgito
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 15

:warning:
pato wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:53 pm Xtina shared Nicki's instastory. She probably didn't see her
Well she was dressed like a man about to climb Mount Everest
aguilero
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 4

Vi el show por tv y fue alucinante! La multitud la amo
Le coreaban las canciones, los gritos por ella, estaban en llamas! Ya es trending topic numero 1 mundial 🔥🔥 y vayan a YouTube que en su página está subido de forma
Oficial el show! En latinoamerica te
Amamos reina 🔥🔥🔥
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Omg people are dragging adam :cackle:
Emma
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 85

Erotica wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:27 pm For the people who hate Gilbert. :cackle:

When I watched I was like “retire you old bch”

But then I remember he’s her friend so.
Yeah, baby, there's a feeling in me
So sexy, sour and sweet
And you'll be loving it

:lips:
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

paulrivas88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm Okay, I was there... I'm absolutely SLAYED 😭😭😭My God, I love her so much 😩😩😩
SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! GLAD YOU GOT TO XPERIENCE HER IRL!
YASSSSS
xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Emma wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:12 am
Erotica wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:27 pm For the people who hate Gilbert. :cackle:

DON'T WORRY, I PLAN ON GIVING UP MY BUSSY TO HIM THIS YEAR.
MAKING HIM FALLING IN LOVE WITH MY BUSS BUSS - THEN WE GET MARRIED IN LAS VEGAS AND I WILL MAKE HIM RETIRE.
AND THEN I'LL MAKE XTINA MY BEST FRIEND AND CONVINCE HER TO DO ANOTHER VEGAS RESIDENCY.
*MANIFESTING IT INTO REAL LIFE**
YASSSSS
XtinaStripped
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 4

:lmao: Be nice. He be sweating like a bitch trying to keep up with the youth next to him. He could've fathered Teddy.
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Some things I'm reading on Instagram and Twitter
-she didn't "win" the platinum award because it's given to somebody who has given a show before (however, people say "it's Christina Aguilera, a legend. They should have given it to her")
-people are dragging the presenters since they didn't know English and couldn't speak to her well (and I thought she would have been dragged for not speaking Spanish)
Emma
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

pato wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:06 am Omg people are dragging adam :cackle:
The top comment :roll:
So sexy, sour and sweet
And you'll be loving it

xtina10
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Cruz2318 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:33 pm It’s clear she just doesn’t care. I mean let’s be honest about it. I’m glad she’s getting love online, she deserves her flowers but her ambition and creative direction is nonexistent anymore.
It’s not hard to sit your team down and ask for research and data about what songs in my 20 year career have done the best in The country I’m performing in. Chilean fans who have literally never seen you before do not want to listen to Vanity, FTM, LTBL… They don’t want the English version of GIAB when YOU HAVE A SPANISH VERSION OF IT. For that matter, you have a SPANISH VERSION of your whole goddamn debut for fuck sake.
The laziness and just 0 attempt at Santo, which is the easiest song for her to sing is blatantly obvious. Ignoring your new Spanish material in general… lipping on PMM. The rap sped up version of CHUD which is an iconic anthem is awful.
The strained and elongated ANOM note isn’t doing her any favors, the oversized coats, the shout singing, the sunglasses… sigh.

And we need to stop blaming Jeri… SHES CHRISTINA AGUILERA. Nobody is telling her NO lmao. If she wanted to change anything there would be change. I wish I could get Inside her head and figure out what’s going on. If you don’t wanna do this anymore just say something (pun intended) and we’ll totally get it. But fuckin A Christina….
PUTA, PUT YOUR LOCATION ON
Emma
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

XtinaStripped wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:17 am

:lmao: Be nice. He be sweating like a bitch trying to keep up with the youth next to him. He could've fathered Teddy.
So sexy, sour and sweet
And you'll be loving it

BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 46

Emma wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:22 am
XtinaStripped wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:17 am

Girl bye, you know good and well this loose bussy sashaying elf looking horrifying catastrophe does not have a penis, testicles, or semen. :rip:
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 11

I loved that she seemed to have fun. She looked so nervous in the beginning (I wonder if anyone told her anecdotes of how cruel the audience at Viña can be when they don't enjoy a performance), but by the time she went into Genie she was already in her element.

A few of my thoughts about the setlist:
Opening with Dirrty is fine, that shit was HUGE in Latin America, unlike the US. But either Bionic or Vanity should be dropped, or they both could be shortened. Just do a verse and a chorus for each, there's no need to drag them for so long especially when they're not her most famous songs.

Genie in a bottle was fine, people loved it, but she could have her background singers do one chorus in Spanish. Especially since she's already doing a latin pop remix! They could just play a pre-recorded chorus of Genio Atrapado and have her do choreo and the final riffs to it. Ya Llegué as an intro is fine, expected. But she should put a bit more energy to Santo. And I would scrap What A Girl Wants and replace it with Ven Conmigo. If Santo gets sandwiched between Genio Atrapado and Ven Conmigo, people will remember it more kindly. Her Spanish setlist is pretty much complete with Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti and Falsas Esperanzas, I don't need Contigo En La Distancia. It's not even her song, so it's fine if she wants to skip it. Plus, it's really demanding for a one-hour live set. And I don't know why so many people are complaining about Feel This Moment. That song was big in Latin America, and Pitbull is very popular too. I would drop Desnudate, though, because nobody cares about it.

Having her background singers do Show Me How You Burlesque was weird as fuck. That shit should have been much shorter if she wasn't gonna show on stage. But the transition from Express to Lady Marmalade was fun. The outfits were NOT right for it, though - If she adds a lot more feathers, rhinestones and razzle dazzle, it would be a lot better.

I never really liked Let There Be Love as a closing number, but I dislike it even more for a Latin American concert, because it's so random. Beautiful + Fighter is an absolutely perfect combo to end a concert with.
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 24

I just watched the entire show and the LOVE was there for our Queen.

We can complain about everything we want but something is true. Her catalog is AMAZING!

The whole transition of the show from Dirrty to LTBL is magnificent. I felt the love through the screen, I cannot imagine the ppl over there.

Yes she needs to reinvent her concepts and performances.

But she did AMAZING 🤩 Chile you show her LOVE!

I’m amazed by her charm and her talent.
canadianguy
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 2

Thainus wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:39 am I loved that she seemed to have fun. She looked so nervous in the beginning (I wonder if anyone told her anecdotes of how cruel the audience at Viña can be when they don't enjoy a performance), but by the time she went into Genie she was already in her element.

A few of my thoughts about the setlist:
Opening with Dirrty is fine, that shit was HUGE in Latin America, unlike the US. But either Bionic or Vanity should be dropped, or they both could be shortened. Just do a verse and a chorus for each, there's no need to drag them for so long especially when they're not her most famous songs.

Genie in a bottle was fine, people loved it, but she could have her background singers do one chorus in Spanish. Especially since she's already doing a latin pop remix! They could just play a pre-recorded chorus of Genio Atrapado and have her do choreo and the final riffs to it. Ya Llegué as an intro is fine, expected. But she should put a bit more energy to Santo. And I would scrap What A Girl Wants and replace it with Ven Conmigo. If Santo gets sandwiched between Genio Atrapado and Ven Conmigo, people will remember it more kindly. Her Spanish setlist is pretty much complete with Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti and Falsas Esperanzas, I don't need Contigo En La Distancia. It's not even her song, so it's fine if she wants to skip it. Plus, it's really demanding for a one-hour live set. And I don't know why so many people are complaining about Feel This Moment. That song was big in Latin America, and Pitbull is very popular too. I would drop Desnudate, though, because nobody cares about it.

Having her background singers do Show Me How You Burlesque was weird as fuck. That shit should have been much shorter if she wasn't gonna show on stage. But the transition from Express to Lady Marmalade was fun. The outfits were NOT right for it, though - If she adds a lot more feathers, rhinestones and razzle dazzle, it would be a lot better.

I never really liked Let There Be Love as a closing number, but I dislike it even more for a Latin American concert, because it's so random. Beautiful + Fighter is an absolutely perfect combo to end a concert with.

I think the set list was great. I think PPM and Santo should be made into a medley, and for Latin shows Genie should have a chorus and verse in Spanish… and I would love the stripped version of COOB with a Spanish Vers in there.

I also think WAGW is necessary in terms of slowing down the show for all the talent on stage.
Xplayer
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 22

Cruz2318 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:33 pm It’s clear she just doesn’t care. I mean let’s be honest about it. I’m glad she’s getting love online, she deserves her flowers but her ambition and creative direction is nonexistent anymore.
It’s not hard to sit your team down and ask for research and data about what songs in my 20 year career have done the best in The country I’m performing in. Chilean fans who have literally never seen you before do not want to listen to Vanity, FTM, LTBL… They don’t want the English version of GIAB when YOU HAVE A SPANISH VERSION OF IT. For that matter, you have a SPANISH VERSION of your whole goddamn debut for fuck sake.
The laziness and just 0 attempt at Santo, which is the easiest song for her to sing is blatantly obvious. Ignoring your new Spanish material in general… lipping on PMM. The rap sped up version of CHUD which is an iconic anthem is awful.
The strained and elongated ANOM note isn’t doing her any favors, the oversized coats, the shout singing, the sunglasses… sigh.

And we need to stop blaming Jeri… SHES CHRISTINA AGUILERA. Nobody is telling her NO lmao. If she wanted to change anything there would be change. I wish I could get Inside her head and figure out what’s going on. If you don’t wanna do this anymore just say something (pun intended) and we’ll totally get it. But fuckin A Christina….
What has Jeri done for someone else that's better than his usual work for Xtina? I really don't know, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

IMO Xtina delivered. She brought energy, vocals, and she sang more than usual. All of those are great, and we can't really ask her to do other peoples jobs too. Just being mentally ready and warmed up for a show is a lot of work.
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

X-mael wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:44 am I just watched the entire show and the LOVE was there for our Queen.

We can complain about everything we want but something is true. Her catalog is AMAZING!

The whole transition of the show from Dirrty to LTBL is magnificent. I felt the love through the screen, I cannot imagine the ppl over there.

Yes she needs to reinvent her concepts and performances.

But she did AMAZING 🤩 Chile you show her LOVE!

I’m amazed by her charm and her talent.
Baby, I was there. The audience was CRAZY about her 😍❤️
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 11

canadianguy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:50 am I think the set list was great. I think PPM and Santo should be made into a medley, and for Latin shows Genie should have a chorus and verse in Spanish… and I would love the stripped version of COOB with a Spanish Vers in there.

I also think WAGW is necessary in terms of slowing down the show for all the talent on stage.
Yeah you're right, I was being too mean to WAGW but it's fine where it is.

And Santo and PMM should definitely be a medley.

I wouldn't mind if she wants to add La Reina too, BTW
Last edited by Thainus on Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.