Viña Del Mar Festival 02/23

Moments to remember...
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 28

xtina10 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:13 am
paulrivas88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm Okay, I was there... I'm absolutely SLAYED 😭😭😭My God, I love her so much 😩😩😩
That being said, people wanted her to come back and get the platinum trophy but that was already set up. Maybe the didn't expect the crowd to be that engaged and in love with her.
It was MADNESS in there. People ADORED her 😍❤️
Anyway, I'm so so so happy about this show. On Twitter she was TT WW and they were just loving her
SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! GLAD YOU GOT TO XPERIENCE HER IRL!
YASSSSS
It was my second time but it was still magical
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:33 pm
paulrivas88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:19 pm Okay, I was there... I'm absolutely SLAYED 😭😭😭My God, I love her so much 😩😩😩
That being said, people wanted her to come back and get the platinum trophy but that was already set up. Maybe the didn't expect the crowd to be that engaged and in love with her.
Anyway, I'm so so so happy about this show. On Twitter she was TT WW and they were just loving her
Happy for you my dear Paul 😘
Papi 😍❤️
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

This queen though
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

There isn't a person (except for that old lady) who doesn't know the lyrics. And that one at the end using his phone. Lmao bitch you have xtina in front of you
X-mael
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 24

paulrivas88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:56 am
X-mael wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:44 am I just watched the entire show and the LOVE was there for our Queen.

We can complain about everything we want but something is true. Her catalog is AMAZING!

The whole transition of the show from Dirrty to LTBL is magnificent. I felt the love through the screen, I cannot imagine the ppl over there.

Yes she needs to reinvent her concepts and performances.

But she did AMAZING 🤩 Chile you show her LOVE!

I’m amazed by her charm and her talent.
Baby, I was there. The audience was CRAZY about her 😍❤️
I feel it!!
pato
Santo Salvador
Santo Salvador
Posts in topic: 187

Oh thanks god she didn't sing MLJ since chile hates racoon 5 lol
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

FREAKAZOID
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 6

Wow. Amazing show.
Valentina
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 14

Anyone know how much she got paid?
:musicwoman: Formerly Known as Ozzy. :musicwoman:
Fighter
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 26

I was there and it was amazing. I opened this tread and all I see is complains. You deserve nothing.
It was AMAZING, she was on point, she was warm with the audience and was well received.
Bye, keep suffering
Cruz808
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 1

I just watched it on YouTube and couldn’t help but smile throughout. The audience LOVED her and all the comments online are unanimously praising her and her talent. People also love her talented background singers, band and yes even her dancers

Most of all it reminded them of the one of a kind talent she is
Areliugaanitsirhc
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 5

I was pleasantly surprised by her vocals! She changed up some of the runs and did anybody notice she eased up on the growls? I don't remember the last time she did the ANOM note without a growl! She even went for some higher notes like the ending of LM.

LOVE what she did with the PMADT key change :lit:

With that said, its a sin that stage-time is wasted on Vanity/Bionic/LTBL.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 9

Areliugaanitsirhc wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:17 am I was pleasantly surprised by her vocals! She changed up some of the runs and did anybody notice she eased up on the growls? I don't remember the last time she did the ANOM note without a growl! She even went for some higher notes like the ending of LM.

LOVE what she did with the PMADT key change :lit:

With that said, its a sin that stage-time is wasted on Vanity/Bionic/LTBL.

I loved the end falsetto on ANOM.

I also love that she will do 1mil versions of genie and change choreo for that song over others lol. I loved that intro
Plain Loser
VIP '21
VIP '21

Haven’t watched the show but I’m so glad you all had such a great time! Hope you get to see her again soon.
Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 8

Just woke up and I have been checking comments on Twitter and YouTube and all is positive, amazing reviews by the general public, we love to see it!! She should do more shows in latam
Lydekane
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 5

Overall, it looks like the show was a success based off the general public's response. of course as fans we will expect more from her because we know what she's capable of. We have seen versions of this setlist multiple times, but remember the general public and casual listeners have not.

Where I will critique Christina on two things:

1. She could have done more to include her spanish songs. I was waiting on the edge of my seat when Genie started thinking that she was going to do the spanish version and was shocked that she didn't. She could have even done an interpolation of the two. I know she's not comfortable speaking Spanish in public, but really even an "Hola Chilleeeeeeeee" would have been something. An attempt at the very least to connect with her spanish speaking fans.

2. Regarding the platinum award and her leaving. I see some people saying that someone from her team should have informed her properly about the workings of the festival. Yes, they could have. But knowing that she was coming to perform Christina could have picked up her damn phone and done some research for herself. Christina is an intelligent woman, she doesn't need to be spoonfed everything. So the onus is on her too to do research about the places she's visiting.

Other than that, I'm happy especially for our sis @paulrivas88 I'm glad you had an amazing time.
Emma
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 85

That account is reliable then. cuntIP could never.
Yeah, baby, there's a feeling in me
So sexy, sour and sweet
And you'll be loving it

:lips:
ClairBoyant
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva
Posts in topic: 7

Any I’m-audience videos from attendees? Insta stories maybe?
dinvy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 40

ClairBoyant wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:41 am Any I’m-audience videos from attendees? Insta stories maybe?
Creationist
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 4

She did amazing and she really looked gorgeous in all of the outfits! Her beauty is insane!
Now when it comes to song choices, she really has no one from the team to tell her what the general public wants. The only person who tells her what to do and how she can connect to the public about song choices is Etienne. Etienne was the one that chose her Vegas residency songs and told her to start with the one with the highest views on YouTube. If she actually wanted to create a new setlist, she could have asked but she literally doesn't want to and she feels comfortable in this setlist she has been singing for 5 years.

We could be harsh on her because we know her capability when she wants to and how much this show gives her exposure but lucky us the exposure was positively received with or without our comments!
Creationist
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 4

Next thing kill jeri and bring me the superbowl performance :D
Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

I think the setlist was appropriate for a show like this, although I would have swapped Vanity with Ven Conmigo, Suéltame or Contigo en la Distancia. I'm looking forward to a "themed" tour after so many Greatest Hits shows though (last one we had was the Liberation Tour)

My only complaint is how much she shortens the songs. She used to do it with a few but lately she cuts SO MUCH. In most songs she doesn't sing the 2nd verse and PMADT felt like a tease, she sung it last year with a full new arrangement and her only singing 1st verse and chorus was frustrating (especially since everyone was loving it). Same with Falsas.
Erotica
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 49

Jagger wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:54 pm im 99% sure this rumour is true.
I don't know, it seems like a lie to me. Christina in Chile? She would never! :womanshrug:
Watermelon.Sugar
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 2

Am I the only one who loved the TITI ME PREGUNTO and PEPAS interludes? lol

- An addition of Ven Conmigo, Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti, La Reina and Cuando Me De La Gana would have been perfect. Imagine her opening with La Reina a la Billboard Awards? i can’t :cry:
- Add SS and drop Let There Be Love and change her last song to Contigo En La Distancia

Also, how does the award work? Can’t they just Fedex her the Platino award or something?
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 13

XAMJ wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:47 pm https://www.radioagricultura.cl/entrete ... a-vergara/

Omg Xtina was boo’d after she left cause the audience wanted to give her the third award, A FUCKING MESS

I HATE HER TEAM
But was it her team? Or was the award given already?
Nathan wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:48 pm
They continue screaming for the platinum award, but that award was given already a couple of days ago, even the next act (the comedian) started a bit nervous for people's reaction!
I see. Are there receipts of this, like a list of who got what award?

And was the audience mad to the organizers? Or to Xtina? Or something else?
Supernova.
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Did she not know those presenters were going to come on stage mid way through? She looked like she didn’t know wtf was going on 🤣

Anyway she sounded really good 💖
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:57 pm
The dynamic of this festival is weird, especially for someone like Christina Freaking Aguilera, because it's like a talent show based on the crowd being pleased and clapping and shanting to give the awards, silver, gold and platinum. So, they wanted to give her the biggest one, which is platinum but she left after she was done with her set. I think she was not informed. And I believe they were mad with the presenters or the festival for not having her coming back. The public is not after her.

thank you for serving this tea!
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Fighter wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:50 am I was there and it was amazing. I opened this tread and all I see is complains. You deserve nothing.
It was AMAZING, she was on point, she was warm with the audience and was well received.
Bye, keep suffering
So happy you got to attend this amazing show!

I would love to hear an elaborate review if you wanna share! :love:
Cruz808 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:03 am I just watched it on YouTube and couldn’t help but smile throughout. The audience LOVED her and all the comments online are unanimously praising her and her talent. People also love her talented background singers, band and yes even her dancers

Most of all it reminded them of the one of a kind talent she is
Indeed. :lit: :shook:
Jamert
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty

Also, Ya Llegué with the live guitars and drums SLAPS
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Xben wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:07 pm
BaeTine wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 pm
So the other person who said there is only one platinum and it was already awarded was wrong? She could have gotten one as well?
I'm not sure about that. Someone else said that they had given the platinum award in just two or three occasions. So it must be like a lifetime achievement award or something. Maybe that one is pre arranged and maybe she knew she wasn't getting it and left.

A lot of maybes, I know. But I'm not sure about that.
Tnx for clarifying. Lot of maybes indeed.

Regardless, great show!