1st a/RED Survey: Grab some tea and let's sit for a bit.

Moments to remember...
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator
Posts in topic: 22

The idea of Aguilera.RED is to have a forum with as little rules as possible so you can roam free.

However, there seems to be a desire for less anarchy and perhaps a more applicable set of rules.

So, survey time.

What clarifications would you like done to existing rules? What new rules would you like to see in place? Which current rule feels out of place?

I'll await your comments.

- PLEASE LIMIT YOUR COMMENTS TO THESE QUESTIONS.
- This isn't the thread to establish conversation between you.
- This is for you all to tell me what's working, what's not, and what you think should change. So talk to me, please.
- Feel free to leave your agreement or disagreement with a given idea in the form of a reaction (thumbs up & down works great!) instead.

Any plausible suggestions will be discussed with the rest of the moderator team for implementation, but I will decide what changes.
deeds cannot dream what dreams can do
—time is a tree(this life one leaf)
but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough
NIGHTMARE©
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 5

:beer:
Last edited by NIGHTMARE© on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIGHTMARE©
VIP '21
VIP '21

:beer:
Last edited by NIGHTMARE© on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

BaeTine wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:35 pm
HRH Lady Mamacita wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:33 pm
BaeTine wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:30 pm

:cackle: Sis, I did have the opportunity and I didn't do it. That's why the joke made sense in the first place. :rip:

Like I told Miss Squeek earlier today, if it were true, I'd happily own it. I'm not above making anybody seethe, and if I do, I want FULL credit for it. :fan:

Just to be really clear, if you think the mod squad is doing stuff just to mess, you're very mistaken. Now, your comments may mean that we need to refine and better communicate our approach, and if so, that's fair. But nobody is "targeting" you (or anybody else). :cackle:

I don’t think it’s you and Jorge already told me it’s not Data, so it has to be Dinvy unless there’s other mods we don’t know about. What I don’t understand is.. I thought dinvy was cool with most of us? Never have I had an issue with him/her in the past.

It’s become very, very obvious and annoying. Like whoever is behind this gives total OCD teas which I even made a thread about but it was merged as well :rip: oh yes, how funny. 🙄🙄
I still don't even understand the specific complaint, but the issue is really with y'all reading motives into the actions that are being taken. But I mean, use your voice and own your narrative, sis. King opened a thread to address what everybody wants. Let's define our destiny together.
Sis, I’m telling you that all of us (especially me) have had really bad fights with the mods in the past. I’ve gotten beyond personal with BYC and London particularly. They’ve NEVER been like this to me nor anyone else. Back in the day we’d complain they could insult us back and not get banned (because back then personal insults were bannable or sth), but that was it. We’ve never had these issues before.

I’m glad It’s not just me, Nighty, and Creek who’ve noticed, which btw should tell you something.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

I have to say that I LOVE Jorge for taking the time and effort to discuss these issues tho. For real. ❤️
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Regarding the OP, I think the forum works great the way it is right now. Just stop merging the threads so much. It makes things confusing, especially when it’s so frequent. There’s a lot of topics and convos to catch up with and though “organizing” it in official threads may make sense from one point of view, because of the nature of our interactions (most of them usually getting personal), it actually does complicate things. We are all here for Christina, yes, but after a decade (some of y’all double that) lots of us come to (as I said) catch up where we left and continue the conversations we were having before we had to log off.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

For example, I might be literally dragging @NIGHTMARE© alongside @Creek in some random Dua Lipa topic, but at the same time Nightmare and I may (and most likely will) be dragging Creek on a Shakira thread where he is being racist. But then you’ll see all of us joining forces in the Asian Hatecrimes thread. :shook:do y’all see why it does complicate things to merge threads?
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

We're not moderating your interactions. Just organizing threads so they're easier to find.

But this is what the thread is for. Please limit yourself only to suggestions.
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Threads ARE easy to find. It’s not like we have a milllion topics going on. We are always talking about the same thing. Most of the forum hates or stans the same people. Folks come back here not just to discuss Christina and pop culture, but because of the personal interactions and relationships built over the years. Which is why merging threads so constantly does complicate things. The center/focus shouldn’t be the topics IMO. It’s like Clubhouse (the app): it’s all about the convo of the moment.

Welcome to the future, fat!
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

I actually think merging topics, especially in the Masochist sub-forum, is not done enough. I’m tired of certain members spamming new threads for the same set of artists that no one but them cares about or some dumb shit because they’re high.

Maybe a suitable alternative could be banning members that spam new threads about their favorite artists or limiting how many threads users can post in a 24-hour period?
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 16

Kitana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:28 pm I actually think merging topics, especially in the Masochist sub-forum, is not done enough. I’m tired of certain members spamming new threads for the same set of artists that no one but them cares about or some dumb shit because they’re high.

Maybe a suitable alternative could be banning members that spam new threads about their favorite artists or limiting how many threads users can post in a 24-hour period?
Your feud with @HRH Lady Mamacita continues...

Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Jimmyboy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:50 pm
Kitana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:28 pm I actually think merging topics, especially in the Masochist sub-forum, is not done enough. I’m tired of certain members spamming new threads for the same set of artists that no one but them cares about or some dumb shit because they’re high.

Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

But if I clap back she’s like “why do you take it so personally?” “Omg you’re so obsessed with me”

Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

May i also suggest to make it mandatory to use your real face as an avi? :fan:
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

Kitana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:54 pm

Is that Ariana?
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 3

I like having official threads in the off-topic forum. It makes it a lot easier to find what I am looking for.

So yeah, could it be possible that we have an official thread and that extra threads get automatically merged?
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

@Kitana, duly noted. We are still going to go ahead with some changes, and clarifications, just to ensure things are running smoothly in all places.

We’re having a great laugh conversation in the Inquisitor’s Lounge.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 3

I also like the anti-spam idea.

I love the fact that we are allowed free speech in the forum, but spamming should be off limits.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:06 pm I like having official threads in the off-topic forum. It makes it a lot easier to find what I am looking for.

So yeah, could it be possible that we have an official thread and that extra threads get automatically merged?
So literally the opposite.

See, this is the problem. It’s very hard to please everyone at the same time. So rules are always going to disappoint and be welcomed by different groups.
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Actually, I had another idea. Maybe all newly created threads can stay up for 24 hours, then and only then will mods have the ability to decide whether the thread can be merged?

Ultimately, quality control is one of the responsibilities for mods and merging is absolutely necessary to keep from having too many redundant topics.
Last edited by Motomami on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

DevotionHURTS wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:08 pm I also like the anti-spam idea.

I love the fact that we are allowed free speech in the forum, but spamming should be off limits.
What do you consider spamming? Specific examples, please. Not trying to start a problem, just want to know where you would draw the line. And it has to be something more than you disliking Nightingale.
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

jorge. wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:07 pm @Kitana, duly noted. We are still going to go ahead with some changes, and clarifications, just to ensure things are running smoothly in all places.

We’re having a great laugh conversation in the Inquisitor’s Lounge.
Wish I could join. :cry:
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

Kitana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 pm Actually, I had another idea. Maybe all newly created threads can stay up for 24 hours, then and only then will mods will have the ability to decide whether the thread can be merged?

Ultimately, quality control is one of the responsibilities for mods and merging is absolutely necessary to keep from having too many redundant topics.
Well, redundancy would be addressed by merging. In one of the scenarios we’re discussing, we would only merge threads that were similar to each other within the same time period. Basically, if poster A posts about Demi and poster B posts about Demi 5 minutes later, that will be merged. Nightmare opening a new thread when a new DC movie is getting low RottenTomatoes scores about to be released would NOT be merged into the DC Universe thread. However, if he opens a new thread for every new DC movie announced a year in advance, that will get merged.

So we’re going to be looking at time when we merge, but in fun consistent ways that will both please and annoy you all ♥️
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

jorge. wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:14 pm
Kitana wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 pm Actually, I had another idea. Maybe all newly created threads can stay up for 24 hours, then and only then will mods will have the ability to decide whether the thread can be merged?

Well, redundancy would be addressed by merging. In one of the scenarios we’re discussing, we would only merge threads that were similar to each other within the same time period. Basically, if poster A posts about Demi and poster B posts about Demi 5 minutes later, that will be merged. Nightmare opening a new thread when a new DC movie is getting low RottenTomatoes scores about to be released would NOT be merged into the DC Universe thread. However, if he opens a new thread for every new DC movie announced a year in advance, that will get merged.

So we’re going to be looking at time when we merge, but in fun consistent ways that will both please and annoy you all ♥️
Lbr the real reason they don’t want their threads merged is because they’re afraid no one is going to see what they have to say and they want the attention. By leaving the topic unmerged for the first 24 hours (time length negotiable), you give their topic maximal exposure before it’s merged to, let’s say, the master thread. When it’s merged, the mods can take the liberty to rename the thread to reflect the latest update. For example, see the Demi thread where the title is updated to reflect her recent album announcement.

The proposal you list above sounds more challenging to implement, but if you guys think it’s feasible, then by all means that might be the better option.
Last edited by Motomami on Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

HRH Lady Mamacita wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 pm

But if I clap back she’s like “why do you take it so personally?” “Omg you’re so obsessed with me”

Isn’t that @Data ?

Creek
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 2

Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

How about a private sub forum with paid memberships, featuring exclusive content like idk HD pictures of my ass, avis and designs (you’re always making them and giving them for free anyways), a weekly newsletter with Christina news, but most importantly to fund a small multimedia/drive hub for rare performances and unofficial audios that are either no longer available on YouTube or that her team just hasn’t cared enough to upload/release. A 5$ membership a month or something would guarantee real stans who want to preserve + invest in Christina’s legacy and this would guarantee that they’d take care of the content by not spreading it or something. For an Aries, you’re so not visionary. :arrow:

we need also to motivate the ladies to do something for the new era so that we can support X like other fanbases do their faves. We never go viral lol I know we old and mothers and wives nowadays but it’ll be a lot harder 10 years from now :shook: we all deserve one last live fully immersive era. :shook:
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Jimmyboy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:21 pm
HRH Lady Mamacita wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Isn’t that @Data ?

See? @jorge. /:
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Also Jorge whatever happened to the xtina news website? :arrow:
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Creek wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:26 pm

The shade to @NIGHTMARE© is real!