[Through the Looking Glass] The Year Was 2013: Christina’s Monumental Year

Moments to remember...
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 5

The mini era that became her biggest and most visible era in years after taking her first season off from The Voice. She proved she was still a hit maker and wasn’t done just yet.

It all started with “Feel This Moment” being officially released as Pitbull’s fourth single from his album in February 2013. “Feel This Moment” became Christina’s 10th Top 10 hit on the Hot 100 and Pitbull’s biggest hit from the album. Christina also has a writing credit on the song. The video currently sits at 631 million views on YouTube. It is certified 4x platinum in the US and became a WW hit. The song ended up having lasting impact as it was plugged in several shows and movies and most recently used as the opening number for Miss Universe 2020.

Then she was named as one of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in April 2013 with Celine Thee Dion doing a beautiful write-up on her.
The first time I heard Christina Aguilera sing, I was totally blown away. I love the way she sings. Her tone is beautiful, and her voice has got so much power, yet so much sensitivity — and technically, I think, she’s flawless.

I remember she broke onto the scene at the turn of the millennium, just about the time my husband and I were going to take a hiatus to have our first child, so I got to watch a lot of her TV appearances, especially on the award shows. I remember thinking, This girl’s got it all and then some! Unbelievable voice, great dancer and so very beautiful. At that time, I didn’t realize how versatile she was, but over the years she has proved that she can sing anything and make it sound incredible: pop, soul, R&B and even country.

Without a doubt, she’s one of the most talented artists the world has ever seen and heard, and I think she’s going to continue to amaze us for many, many years to come.

In May 2013, Alejandro Fernandez released his duet with Christina, “Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti.” The cover was used as the theme song for the Mexican telenovela La Tempestad. It was a Top 5 hit on the Latin charts and certified 3x platinum in the Latin market. The video currently sits at 488 million views on YouTube. The video showed off Christina’s sexy curves.

Then there was the little pink dress. Christina turned heads with her new figure at the Summer TCA Press Tour in July 2013.

In August 2013, she penned an open letter to her fans and released a behind the scenes footage music video for “Let There Be Love” showing she was at peace.

Hello everyone.

I wanted to reach out to my fans out there that continuously support me and have my back relentlessly throughout the years.
I am so grateful and fortunate for your dedication. Your time & devotion. Your kindness and understanding. Your patience and compassion.
I continue to work, create and deliver my best to you.
I wanted to share with you a few thoughts that come to mind when I think of you all and the constant love I am blessed to receive from you over time.
I am so happy and at peace in life and I only want and wish you all to feel the same and live that way too!
Looking back, it’s amazing for me to be here now, today, feeling so proud and supported on my entire body of work displayed- both personally & professionally.

Source
In September 2013, she grabbed headlines again showing off her new figure even more by returning to Maxim with a cover story.

Later in September she returned to The Voice for Season 5 and even walked on water. The 5th season premiered on September 23, 2013 and was watched by 14.98 million viewers with a 5.1 rating in the 18–49 demographic. It was up from last season's premiere by 1.34 million viewers, the season that Christina wasn’t on.

In November 2013, Christina surprised everyone by turning “Say Something” into a duet with A Great Big World. They debuted the song on The Voice and the rest was history. The song hit #1 on the Digital Songs Chart with nearly 200k sold after the first performance. Christina was able to take a 2+ year old song and turn it into a worldwide smash. This became her 11th Top 10 hit on the Hot 100 and also marked the first time since 2000 that she had multiple Top 10 Hot 100 hits in a single year. She also saved Epic Records/LA Reid as she gave the label their first Top 10 hit since 2008 and LA’s first since taking over the label. The video is currently sitting at 567 million views on YouTube. It is 6x platinum in the US with estimated WW sales of 10 million. This also gave Christina her first Grammy since 2007.

Let us not forget this monumental year when she came back just to show you she still had it and could be that girl if she wanted to.

jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator
Posts in topic: 6

Sis, I'll co-opt this into a through the looking glass edition if you don't mind, cause a bitch hasn't had time to do it again :manson:

I made a banner with pics from 2013, I tweaked the formatting on your post, and I'll put it on the announcement too :)

hope you don't mind sis :kiss:
deeds cannot dream what dreams can do
—time is a tree(this life one leaf)
but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

I also couldn't get the whole banner to show, so I hope you don't mind I added it to the OP as well.

jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

& because I haven't said it: great, great job putting this together :boom: :100: :fireworks: :lit: :lips: :hit: :lightbulb: :cupid:
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 1

The banner should have been 2013 related noh?

Anyway, I forgot Feel This Moment and Say Something were released in 2013. It was a good year.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

I have never seen these pics from the banner. Love it! Thanks for finessing the thread. @jorge.
Jenna
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 3

I'm confused. The pics in the banner are definitely from 2003.
Jimmy
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 2

Looove this one!!!

Great job!!!
Melissa
VIP '23
VIP '23

WOW new pics!
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

I couldn't agree more. 2013 was a great year for all of us. It was by far her most successful in-between-records era.

Also I am glad that she got more recognition during that time.

If it weren't for MLJ, FTM, and SS she would be having a seriously hard time during the streaming era. Those three songs alone are keeping her fresh and relevant.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

She also got on the Hunger Games soundtrack.

Christina and GaGa also reconciled and Christina gave charity after GaGa had released this single with The Predator.

Her public apology led to their duet.

jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

Jenna wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:25 am I'm confused. The pics in the banner are definitely from 2003.
Yeah, I totally mistook the year when I went looking. To be fair, the website had it up as 2013, but clearly wrong.

It’s a nice shoot tho lol
christinalover
VIP '23
VIP '23

jorge. wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:50 pm
Jenna wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:25 am I'm confused. The pics in the banner are definitely from 2003.
Yeah, I totally mistook the year when I went looking. To be fair, the website had it up as 2013, but clearly wrong.

Well Queen looks ultra hot in this shooting from 2003, but well pics from 2013 would be a bit better and she had the wrong hair color. :manson: :D ( Well I really love her blonde hair soooo much!!!)

2013 was really an amazing year of Queen, I also loved every look from her in 2011 in 2012, but it was a really hard time for her personally with everything she was going through.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Everybody needs that one person that takes you to the right place to see all the positives in your life.” – Christina Aguilera
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Looool thanks for clarifying I was so confused as well.
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

And, to @NewAgenda great topic! 2013 was definitely a great year for her. And for us as fans.
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Jenna
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

I just figured out which website you're talking about... I am not at all surprised lmao.
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Wow, what an amazing year!
wanted
VIP '23
VIP '23

A BOSS.

An amazing year; loved this write-up!
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 4

Exactly what I thought. I don't mind the photos but... how come not 2013 photos for 2013 moment? :? :nerd:

@jorge.
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

But sis, how do you not recognize that her BlackTinE phase was exclusively 2003 - early 2004? :ziggy:

Aside from that black wig for 0,5 seconds in Nashville ep in 2015.
:o

edit: was wracking my brain trying to think where are these photos from.
Interview magazine by David LaChapelle
https://xtinadaily.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1538
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

Data wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:26 am

But sis, how do you not recognize that her BlackTinE phase was exclusively 2003 - early 2004? :ziggy:

A bitch was high and just looked for pretty pics? Also, the website lied to me and told me it was 2013 💀
Jenna
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

jorge. wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:52 pm

A bitch was high and just looked for pretty pics? Also, the website lied to me and told me it was 2013 💀
Hey, at least there's finally some pics that are new to us, and from her best era. I can see why this shoot was scrapped tho tbh.

The thing is I can't really browse while I'm at work lol
jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

there, fixed.

NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

jorge. wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:42 pm there, fixed.

Beautiful. This is much better and less distracting as we reflect on 2013.
George
VIP '21
VIP '21

NewAgenda wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:42 am Let us not forget this monumental year when she came back just to show you she still had it and could be that girl if she wanted to.

Image[/align]
This look 😍😍😍😍

Was 2013 also the year of her best perfume promotional shoot? She was wearing this dress.

I think it was the scent “Woman”
George
VIP '21
VIP '21

jorge. wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:52 pm

Jorge to that website

cc @BotchedBody1
Last edited by George on Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Data
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

George wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:51 am Jorge to that website

:womanzombie:

You're such a mess! Had never seen the video, ngl, I screamed. :roll:
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

George wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:46 am
NewAgenda wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:42 am Let us not forget this monumental year when she came back just to show you she still had it and could be that girl if she wanted to.

Image[/align]
This look 😍😍😍😍

Was 2013 also the year of her best perfume promotional shoot? She was wearing this dress.

I think it was the scent “Woman”
Yes, this is the dress she wore for the Woman perfume ad.

Tuxedo Mask
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Let There be Love is 1# on Billboard dance club charts!
Tuxedo Mask
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

Let There be Love is 1# on Billboard dance club charts!