[Through The Looking Glass] Xtina's legendary non-album collabos

Moments to remember...
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 4

One of the things I love about Christina is that she loves collaborating with other artists and has been doing so since her debut. Here are some of my favorites collaborations (in no particular order) that she made outside of her albums, with some tidbits about them.

Nobody Wants to Be Lonely with Ricky Martin

Fun fact: The song was nominated at the 44th Grammy Awards in the category of Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals but lost out to another one of Xtina's collabos, "Lady Marmalade".

Lady Marmalade with Lil' Kim, Missy Elliot, Mya and Pink

Fun fact: Christina stated that the thing she remembers most fondly is the last scene of the video: “What I remember best is standing on the stage for that end shot where we’re all marching out in unison together, all singing our parts and belting our asses off, and it just felt so cool,” Aguilera concludes. “It was an unforgettable moment, it just felt like it was meant to be. Sometimes you have these things in life where it just felt like the right time and the right place, and this was definitely one of those great moments in my career.” (Source)

Si No Te Hubiera Conocido with Luis Fonsi

Fun fact: The song didn't get a video, but it was a big ballad at the time in Latin America. Fonsi recalls: "She’s amazing. That was awhile back. That was like 1999 or something like that. We were both starting out and she was putting out her first Spanish album. I got to work with her in the studio and see her sing in front of the mic, which was awesome. She’s great. One of the best voices out there still to this day." (Source

Car Wash with Missy Elliott

Fun fact: The standard music budget for a film is between 2-3% of the total budget, although this figure can vary depending on the production. For an original song by a well-known artist, the budgets can approach sky-high numbers. Christina was paid $1 million for a single song in Shark Tale...No wonder she loves soundtracks so much, she was and is that bitch. (Source)

Castle Walls with T.I.

Fun fact:According to producer Alex Da Kid, it was supposed to be released as a single but it wasn't, probably due to T.I.'s incarceration. (Source)

Do What U Want with Lady Gaga

Fun fact: Lady Gaga released four remixes of this version with Xtina instead of R-Kelly's. (Source)

Feel This Moment with Pitbull

Fun fact: Christina and Pitbull performed this song live at the 2013 Billboard Music awards and were joined by Morten Harket from A-ha, whose members had originally written and composed "Take On Me", the song that FTM samples.

Moves Like Jagger with Maroon 5

Fun fact:The video features Adam Levine and several extras sporting a "Who the f--- is Mick Jagger?" t-shirt at various moments in the clip as a lighthearted way to make fun of the new generations not knowing who Mick Jagger is.

Tilt Ya Head Back with Nelly

Fun fact: Both Janet Jackson and Britney Spears were considered for the song, but Christina was the one who got it. (Source)

Like A Virgin/Hollywood Remix with Madonna, Missy Elliott and Britney Spears

Fun fact: It was rumored that the initial lineup for this performance was Pink and Jennifer Lopez instead of Christina and Britney.

Tell Me with Diddy

Fun fact: Apparently the track was initially created for Diddy’s protegés Danity Kane. But he decided to keep it and added Christina to the mix.

Say Something with A Great Big World

Fun fact: Say Something was initially created and recorded by the duo without Christina, and it went largely unnoticed until she saw it and decided to record her own version with them. "'Say Something' was danced to on 'So You Think You Can Dance' almost two months ago, and so many people responded to it," Axel told Billboard. "In that whole process, someone on our team played it for someone on Christina's team, and we got a call that Christina wanted to record it, and then, literally a week later, we were in L.A. recording it with her." (Source)

There are other collaborations that I'm missing but these are the ones that I consider the most iconic. Feel free to post others you like!
:sparkles: Modnitta :sparkles:
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina
Posts in topic: 2

Fall on me
Somos Novios
Flo Rida performance
Chris Mann
Jackie Lee
Cello
Keizo Nakanishi
Nile Rodger
What's Going On
El Ultimo Adios
Hey Tango Ganache De Ti
LA Phil
Ride With Me that Shine a Light with Mick Jagger song
Hmmm what else
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Chintheory
Baby Genie
Baby Genie
Posts in topic: 1

Car Wash!
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

“Do What U Want” music video with Gaga would have been ICONIC. Gaga had to ruin it by collaborating with that rapist in the first place. 😭 @Creek
ringthealarm
Vintage Diva
Vintage Diva

Justice for Car Wash

Justice for Tell Me. Her in 2006 literally looking like every instagram hoe in 2021. Ahead of her time again.
Last edited by ringthealarm on Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 5

Absolutely love A Song For You and wish it was on streaming platforms!
Tuxedo Mask
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

Tuxedo Mask wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:26 pm Image
Wait... what happened here??
NewAgenda
La Reina
La Reina

I love that she enjoys collaborating with other artists. It shows her ability to share the spotlight or take the backseat although she can’t help but upstage others.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

I wonder why she hasn't collabed with another male singer since Ricky Martin... I always wished she recorded HYAMLC with Brian McKnight.
IAMHAM
Bionic Supersonic
Bionic Supersonic

My favorite is nobody wants to be lonely :cupid:
Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

MaCK. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:09 pm I wonder why she hasn't collabed with another male singer since Ricky Martin... I always wished she recorded HYAMLC with Brian McKnight.
You mean in English? She did collaborate with Alejandro Fernández, but I think most people forget that. And there's a Chris Mann collaboration, The Blower's Daughter.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

Anitta wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:52 pm
MaCK. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:09 pm I wonder why she hasn't collabed with another male singer since Ricky Martin... I always wished she recorded HYAMLC with Brian McKnight.
You mean in English? She did collaborate with Alejandro Fernández, but I think most people forget that. And there's a Chris Mann collaboration, The Blower's Daughter.
I meant in her first language and genre.
DirrtyHancock
La Reina
La Reina

MaCK. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:02 pm Absolutely love A Song For You and wish it was on streaming platforms!
✨ A Cock For You ✨
BlowJobTina Swallowguilera
:lips: :lips:
D.D.D.
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

Sapphire wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:42 am Fall on me
Somos Novios
Flo Rida performance
Chris Mann
Jackie Lee
Cello
Keizo Nakanishi
Nile Rodger
What's Going On
El Ultimo Adios
Hey Tango Ganache De Ti
LA Phil
Ride With Me that Shine a Light with Mick Jagger song
Hmmm what else
she also collabs with these two legends

DirrtyHancock
La Reina
La Reina

Legendary Mexican X Tour!!
BlowJobTina Swallowguilera
:lips: :lips:
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23

Guess there's technically also Say Something... but I just meant a pop/r&b duet with a male singer/peer. Ala "Until The End of Time" by Justin and Bey or "My Boo" by Usher and Alicia Sneeze.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 3

Tuxedo Mask wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:26 pm Image
Add The Voice Within and that is the same tracklist we got in Japan.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

Don't be a yonka. Be better.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Her collaborations have always been fun!

Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

DevotionHURTS wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:53 pm
Wait are you Japanese?? Or live there?
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Anitta wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:13 pm
DevotionHURTS wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:53 pm
Wait are you Japanese?? Or live there?
Legal resident, with family here. I've lived in various places.

jorge.
Beloved Dictator
Beloved Dictator

Added a banner on the top, changed the header, and added a link in the announcement :)

love the thread, babes <3
deeds cannot dream what dreams can do
—time is a tree(this life one leaf)
but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria

I love how she can always collab with anyone no matter what the style. From old gays to rappers, from Justin Timberlake wannabes to opera legends, from convicted felons to gay duos, from mentally ill princesses to copycat try hard opportunists, from legenday producers to japanese acts. Truly a versatile artist.
Lydekane
VIP '21
VIP '21

We can't have a thread praising her collaborations without mentioning this amazing performance. It really should have been recorded and officially released.

Then there is this song which was perfect for Christina. At least we got this energetic performance.

Anitta
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Lydekane wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:20 am We can't have a thread praising her collaborations without mentioning this amazing performance. It really should have been recorded and officially released.

Then there is this song which was perfect for Christina. At least we got this energetic performance.

Omg Yas! I completely forgot the Flo Rida one.
Dqc
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

To this day, I wish they had recorded this song together.

Yummy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Didn't she perform with Tevin Campbell during debut era?
Lady Mamacita
VIP '21
VIP '21

Yay
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina

Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation