La Luz 1 Song "EP" Out Now!

Moments to remember...
FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 8

I find myself enjoying and listening more of AGUILERA now that La Luz is out. I hope they're saving the rest of the tracks for the physical release and/or to promote the LATAM tour next year.
Son of X.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 5

As much as I love Aguilera, and NEQTE in particular, I find this way too weird. An EP with just one song doesn't feel right at all. Especially since we know there's much more music that's been recorded, and with great artists supposedly.
I hope Queen will say something about this and release the songs in the coming months, maybe as part of the very anticipated LATAM tour
Striptina
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

..... I am disappoint. Can't believe its one song especially with how good the song is. We should have had more...
:sparkles: proud stan since 2002 :sparkles:

:sparkles: Xtina is a Lightworker :sparkles:
bionicDied4UrSins
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 11

you know what i wouldn't even be mad if this era is already over. or at least until the Latin Grammys which is only a month away.
this is probably her most frustrating era ever and i'm just glad it's over.
with Lotus i didn't care all that much because the music was horrendous but she just released most solid album since B2B. too bad the rollout was so botched.
i wouldn't even be surprised if there was no physical release or LATAM tour coming :womanshrug:
Nottingham
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 6

Alo wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:20 am
Nottingham wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:52 pm
Franzjoseph wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:10 pm

This has been such a trip, what makes you confident there will be a physical release?
We will absolutely get a physical release.
Why are you so sure?
Because she's a major musical act (despite what some people on this forum think) and sells more on physical than on digital.

Sony Music Latin isn't investing all of that money just for a digital-only release. When was the last time you heard of her an artist of her calibre only having a digital release?

Makes absolutely no sense.
Redrum4783
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer

I don’t get it. We got a shot of Christina in a blue dress next to a horse. What the hell was that for if it wasn’t a still from a video? What about the special album in the vault? So many unanswered questions…
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 14

Son of X. wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:59 am As much as I love Aguilera, and NEQTE in particular, I find this way too weird. An EP with just one song doesn't feel right at all. Especially since we know there's much more music that's been recorded, and with great artists supposedly.
I hope Queen will say something about this and release the songs in the coming months, maybe as part of the very anticipated LATAM tour
I don’t think it should even be considered an EP :shook: It’s like the CD-single back then :shook:
VenusAsABoy
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina

Nottingham wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:48 pm Y'all are being so dramatic.

I'm sure more songs will be added at a later date.

Until the final, physical version of AGUILERA is announced and available for pre-order, I don't expect anything to be finalised.

But if NEQTE is all there is to La Luz, then that's a nice bookend. And a pretty ballsy one, to boot.

You always bring intelligence to this forum... Makes me horny
bionicDied4UrSins
VIP '23
VIP '23

janvinron wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:31 am
Son of X. wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:59 am As much as I love Aguilera, and NEQTE in particular, I find this way too weird. An EP with just one song doesn't feel right at all. Especially since we know there's much more music that's been recorded, and with great artists supposedly.
I don’t think it should even be considered an EP :shook: It’s like the CD-single back then :shook:

EPs usually have 4-5 songs.
and this isn't even enough for a CD single. those usually have B-sides or at least a remix :fan:
Lotus
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 7

Trolled again :manzombie:
Narf
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Nottingham wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:29 am
Nottingham wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:52 pm
We will absolutely get a physical release.
Why are you so sure?
Because she's a major musical act (despite what some people on this forum think) and sells more on physical than on digital.

Sony Music Latin isn't investing all of that money just for a digital-only release. When was the last time you heard of her an artist of her calibre only having a digital release?

And that's exactly why we shouldn't be surprised if they don't release it physically.

Hopefully they do, tho.
Nottingham
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

Narf wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:06 am
Nottingham wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:29 am

Why are you so sure?

And that's exactly why we shouldn't be surprised if they don't release it physically.

Hopefully they do, tho.
They will.

And she'll tour LATAM, too.

End of.
X-fan
Baby Genie
Baby Genie

Maybe she finished the Aguilera era to star the new english álbum era and the songs that didn’t make the cut are gonna be on the english one? Maybe a Bilingual album
Sapphire
La Reina
La Reina

Maybe before Latin Grammy
Instagram/Twitter: @Stallonation
Leon
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy

On to the English project then!
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 23

If something else is coming we'll hear about it within the next month before the Latin Grammys... Hopefully the single with Rosalia will be performed there ... Is Rosalia's current era over ? Maybe now they'll have the time in both their schedules to make it happen. 🤞🏿
Popsychologist
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 2

Striptina wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:17 am ..... I am disappoint. Can't believe its one song especially with how good the song is. We should have had more...
I feel you, sis. It's a terrible case of unnecessary blue-balling.

We only expected more because it was announced over and over again as a last EP, when in truth, all they had to say is that a "Special Bonus Track" was coming to complete the album and close the project and we would have been completely fine.
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter

Popsychologist wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:33 am
Striptina wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:17 am ..... I am disappoint. Can't believe its one song especially with how good the song is. We should have had more...
I feel you, sis. It's a terrible case of unnecessary blue-balling.

We only expected more because it was announced over and over again as a last EP, when in truth, all they had to say is that a "Special Bonus Track" was coming to complete the album and close the project and we would have been completely fine.
Sadly that’s how her career has gone for the past 10 years
“if they would only have said..”
“If she only would have said…”

But it’s true. If there was just transparency half the time, the meltdowns would be few and far in between.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast
Posts in topic: 1

Redrum4783 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:31 am I don’t get it. We got a shot of Christina in a blue dress next to a horse. What the hell was that for if it wasn’t a still from a video? What about the special album in the vault? So many unanswered questions…
It was just a family day
XtinaStripped
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 4

The title change. ☠️
Plain Loser
VIP '21
VIP '21

XtinaStripped wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:23 pm The title change. ☠️
I laugh every time I see it. My favourite development of this week.
grrfrrtrr
VIP '23
VIP '23

I want to laugh hysterically. This is so absurd. EP? EP???? EP?????????!
Kitz
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

There is no song with Rosalia, lets get over it already.
Kataclysm03
Genie Freed
Genie Freed
Posts in topic: 10

It reminds me of BlackPink submiting 1 song singles as albums :fan:
Spoiler
except those were also then wrongly put against actual albums or to claim they/members had "higher/highest" selling albums :lmao:
2020s 💿
BoA Better, The Greatest, Forgive Me *new* | Xtina AGUILERA | Miyavi Holy 🎸Nights⚡, Imaginary
+
Ha:tfelt 1719 | Dua Future Nostalgia | JoJo Trying Not To Think About It
Son of X.
VIP '23
VIP '23

bionicDied4UrSins wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:55 am
janvinron wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:31 am

EPs usually have 4-5 songs.
and this isn't even enough for a CD single. those usually have B-sides or at least a remix :fan:
This!
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 14

MaCK. wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:18 am If something else is coming we'll hear about it within the next month before the Latin Grammys... Hopefully the single with Rosalia will be performed there ... Is Rosalia's current era over ? Maybe now they'll have the time in both their schedules to make it happen. 🤞🏿
The Rosalia collab would be a nice way to end the era :shook:
Fighter2.0
Star Searcher
Star Searcher
Posts in topic: 2

i really have a hard time believing that this is it for now and there will be no more spanish music coming. the press release clearly indicates that this is it for la luz, but considering the messy roll out during most of this era, i dont take anything for certain.

I would think the plan for la luz might have changed, now that the album was indeed nominated for 2 Latin Grammys. How can they significantly change and add to that album after the dead line? Maybe they could get away with one short intro and one song, but not 5-6 other tracks? I hope the remaining song will follow on a deluxe version or another seperate EP. then...If she indeed has some collaborations up her sleeves with Rosalia, Karol G or Rauw Alejandro it would be stupid to just dump them in an EP led by NEQTE. they should all get their moment to shine..Las Fuerza was only released with Santo, the 3rd track. I would have assumed something similiar would have happened here...

Anyway, i hope there is more to come, if not thats fine too. The only thing on Aguilera that is missing for me is a ballad like El Beso del Final / PMADT or Si no te hubiera conocido.

That girl claiming she got cast in an Xtina video and traveling to Mexico...Is she the Mom in NEQTE? Or can we assume that there might be another video?
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21

La Luz appears as "single" in Spotify. While La Fuerza and La Tormenta appear as "EP" so there's still chance we'll get more.

We'll see. I'll be happy either way, because Aguilera has been amazing
blangeman
Star Searcher
Star Searcher

We got 6 music videos. SIX MUSIC VIDEOS. Plenty of Performances. The era lasted almost a WHOLE year and you guys are calling it the messiest era ever? Has anyone forgotten Lotus or Bionic? Those lasted like 1 month . Even Libby didnt do that much more (but at least we got a tour). I know its frustrating calling a 1 song project a EP , you are right for that. But for the whole project im more than happy for what we got😊
Thainus
VIP '21
VIP '21

Buffy wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:19 pm Wow this is the messiest era i have ever seen EVER! Omg !
Were you asleep between 2008 and 2021? Because Aguilera has been far better than anything else we got since B2B despite its bumps