Christina performing at Hollywood Bowl this summer!

Moments to remember...
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 70

dita wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:07 pm confession: I wish X would sometimes talk more about her most recent material. She could've said, ""Just imagining my classic songs like 'Beautiful' or 'Dirrty' and my more recent songs from my album 'Liberation' with an orchestra, and that power behind it, is so special," she adds.

confession part II: 'Stripped' is and will probably always be her magnum opus, but by continually mentioning songs from that album she relegates herself to being something from the past rather than an active artist.
I mean, literally everything you wrote. :shook:

But the real shade is that I think Christy might low-key believe B2B is actually her magnum opus, so then why do we only ever get the ANOM opening note off that masterpiece? :rip: Like where have Understand, Hurt, Oh Mother, SDB, Without You, and MMWP been for the past 15 years?

Make it make sense, Tine.

dita
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 58

BaeTine wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:16 pm
dita wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:07 pm confession: I wish X would sometimes talk more about her most recent material. She could've said, ""Just imagining my classic songs like 'Beautiful' or 'Dirrty' and my more recent songs from my album 'Liberation' with an orchestra, and that power behind it, is so special," she adds.

confession part II: 'Stripped' is and will probably always be her magnum opus, but by continually mentioning songs from that album she relegates herself to being something from the past rather than an active artist.

But the real shade is that I think Christy might low-key believe B2B is actually her magnum opus, so then why do we only ever get the ANOM opening note off that masterpiece? :rip: Like where have Understand, Hurt, Oh Mother, SDB, Without You, and MMWP been for the past 15 years?

I think most of the songs on B2B are a little demanding vocally for her. She hardly ever sings the second verse of 'ANOM' as the song takes a lot of vocal stamina with the opening riff and c#5s; Candyman she dodges all the E5s; Hurt she has mentioned the extended pitches are just too much. I think most other songs on the album are rangy too. Most of them have a high fifth-octave note important to the climax.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

dita wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:35 pm

I think most of the songs on B2B are a little demanding vocally for her. She hardly ever sings the second verse of 'ANOM' as the song takes a lot of vocal stamina with the opening riff and c#5s; Candyman she dodges all the E5s; Hurt she has mentioned the extended pitches are just too much. I think most other songs on the album are rangy too. Most of them have a high fifth-octave note important to the climax.
Stan response: okay that's fair.
► Show Spoiler
Cruz2318
Unstoppable Fighter
Unstoppable Fighter
Posts in topic: 8

Admittedly I don’t listen to many current female artists. I know, shame me. So I don’t know if her just constantly referring to one album is standard fare. Like, the woman straight up refuses to acknowledge any other songs except the usuals. It really blows my mind. Her catalogue is so vast and dare I say so varied compared to many of her contemporaries. I don’t get it. I’ll never understand that. If you don’t want to acknowledge Lotus whatever, but Bionic and Liberation were solid efforts and deserve their own recognition. Even when she does acknowledge Bionic she never pin points a song or two it’s just the same old “sounds and textures” shit. Does she just hate her career post Stripped 🤔
George
VIP '21
VIP '21
Posts in topic: 38

Cruz2318 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:57 pm Admittedly I don’t listen to many current female artists. I know, shame me. So I don’t know if her just constantly referring to one album is standard fare. Like, the woman straight up refuses to acknowledge any other songs except the usuals. It really blows my mind.
Do people even think of “Fighter” when they hear the name Christina Aguilera? I don’t recall any of friends having ever mentioned never mind played the song. “Say Something,” “Hurt, “ANOM” and “Candyman” are all better known imo, and none of those were on Stripped.
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad
Posts in topic: 29

George wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:09 pm
Cruz2318 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:57 pm Admittedly I don’t listen to many current female artists. I know, shame me. So I don’t know if her just constantly referring to one album is standard fare. Like, the woman straight up refuses to acknowledge any other songs except the usuals. It really blows my mind.
Do people even think of “Fighter” when they hear the name Christina Aguilera? I don’t recall any of friends having ever mentioned never mind played the song. “Say Something,” “Hurt, “ANOM” and “Candyman” are all better known imo, and none of those were on Stripped.
It was a modest hit in the US, but she treats it as a signature Xtina song when it’s not nearly as popular as the other songs you mentioned. I think she just really loves performing it.
BaeTine
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

Kitana wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:19 pm
It was a modest hit in the US, but she treats it as a signature Xtina song when it’s not nearly as popular as the other songs you mentioned. I think she just really loves performing it.
This. I think she REALLY wants to make everyone think Fighter is her signature song, but we all know it's Beautiful, especially if you're talking about Stripped.
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

As much as Christina says she doesn’t care about the charts or mainstream success, I always felt her attitude was contradictory. Liberation wasn’t really a “flop”, but it wasn’t a big success either, so she’s less inclined to speak about it as favorably or regularly as her hit songs or albums. It’s the same with Lotus.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 36

Well her fans are called F!ghters so she probably assumes we love hearing it. :rip:
Motomami
Inquisitor Squad
Inquisitor Squad

MaCK. wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:28 pm

Well her fans are called F!ghters so she probably assumes we love hearing it. :rip:
Weren’t we “unbreakable flowers” at one point? :rip: the song is popular among her core fans because a lot of them are gay and found the lyrics uplifting, but it’s not as popular among the general public.
MaCK.
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 36

Kitana wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:27 pm

As much as Christina says she doesn’t care about the charts or mainstream success, I always felt her attitude was contradictory. Liberation wasn’t really a “flop”, but it wasn’t a big success either, so she’s less inclined to speak about it as favorably or regularly as her hit songs or albums. It’s the same with Lotus.
Yeah she seems aware that her current music sn't known to most so she keeps her focus on the songs she thinks people remember... she has to build up confidence as an artist again which honestly will only happen with a chart hit... or at least a song that's widely known and loved. Which could take some work... and she's not often willing to do the work to get the hit. :rip:

She shot herself in the foot by making her core fans believe she "doesn't care about hits" so many fans stopped caring about helping her achieve hits.
Darling Nikki
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 2

Modest hit in US but a huge hit WW. It's definitely one of her signature songs, all singing competitions around the world have at least one contestant singing Fighter here and there 🤨
Pretty Boy
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 18

MaCK. wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:49 pm

She shot herself in the foot by making her core fans believe she "doesn't care about hits" so many fans stopped caring about helping her achieve hits.
Facts.
Vekdna
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 1

Yeah she seems aware that her current music sn't known to most so she keeps her focus on the songs she thinks people remember... she has to build up confidence as an artist again which honestly will only happen with a chart hit... or at least a song that's widely known and loved. Which could take some work... and she's not often willing to do the work to get the hit. :rip:

I agree. Especially when she tweeted the success from Accelerate being number 1 on Billboard's dance chart. She definitely cares, but I don't think she stresses about that in the process of making her music.
She shot herself in the foot also by stressing it so often. Now I feel she's a little worried to "go hard" because she's afraid of coming off as a "try-hard"
She's a mature person, I stan ever ounce of her art and every decision she makes. But sometimes I wonder how things would be if the media/world hadn't turned their backs on her in the blink of an eye (2010 times) ...
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 62

I do believe she cares, but she's not obsessed with it.

If she wants to have a top 10 hit again, she needs to rebuild her brand from scratch. The good thing is that she remains THE VOICE, and has gathered a lot of good will around her.

IMO her team needs to certify all of her records. Especially her debut and Spanish album which deserve diamond, and her Spanish singles. That can help with the promotion.

Last but not least, she needs to take advantage of all the good will she has with big companies like the House of Mouse, and NBC.
Help us get ANOM to 100M on YouTube. Stream now!

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

I would literally buy tickets right now if this were a B2B with Orchestra live presentation. :monkeysee:

25 years into her career, still standing strong, the unmatched legend: Christina Aguilera
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Let's hope Christina's team reads this.

It is okay if she goes back to her Genie days: promo promo promo.

Every day, every where.

The good thing she has going is that she can record multiple things from home, and schedule their release, so that we think she's super active.

Like I Do
Accelerated Stamina
Accelerated Stamina
Posts in topic: 4

I really feel sorry for the Americans that in their country songs such as Fighter, The Voice Within, Dirrty, Car Wash or Candyman were not smash hits.
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Like I Do wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:04 pm I really feel sorry for the Americans that in their country songs such as Fighter, The Voice Within, Dirrty, Car Wash or Candyman were not smash hits.
True. Some of the songs they call hits are well...

janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 46

Dirrty is a flop by US standards but she talks about it more and performs it more often than her #1 hits like Genie, WAGW, COOB.

LTBL is her go-to song from Lotus, which had Just a Fool and Your Body, which actually charted.

She loves performing Bionic (song) from her most critically panned album.

I do believe that she wasn't really "feeling" Lotus as I assume it was just a studio-crafted album, and Liberation. To Irving: "Here's your album"
Xtinoacer
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 10

🤦🏻‍♂️ Just saw the email from Xtina’s official website about the upcoming performances this Friday and Saturday. I clicked on the poster and it takes me to a page that has an error. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
janvinron
Looking for Maria
Looking for Maria
Posts in topic: 46

Also,

Not being a chart chaser does not mean you don't care. Not caring doesn't mean you don't acknowledge it.

Tweeting about a song that went #1 to thank fans does not mean she's a chart chaser. It could just mean that she's acknowledged the feat and is thankful. It doesn't always have to be the extremes.
Atrapadobaby
Savage Beast
Savage Beast

janvinron wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:19 pm

Dirrty is a flop by US standards but she talks about it more and performs it more often than her #1 hits like Genie, WAGW, COOB.

LTBL is her go-to song from Lotus, which had Just a Fool and Your Body, which actually charted.

She loves performing Bionic (song) from her most critically panned album.

I do believe that she wasn't really "feeling" Lotus as I assume it was just a studio-crafted album, and Liberation. To Irving: "Here's your album"
Dirrty flopped on the charts but the iconography of the video solidified her brand and made her a global superstar. It was similar to how Madonna’s Erotica flopped but is one of the most iconic moments of her career.
desnudate_czr
Rising Mouseketeer
Rising Mouseketeer
Posts in topic: 11

Xtinoacer wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:19 pm 🤦🏻‍♂️ Just saw the email from Xtina’s official website about the upcoming performances this Friday and Saturday. I clicked on the poster and it takes me to a page that has an error. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
I just clicked on mine and it’s true 💀
paulrivas88
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 18

janvinron wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:24 pm Also,

Not being a chart chaser does not mean you don't care. Not caring doesn't mean you don't acknowledge it.

Tweeting about a song that went #1 to thank fans does not mean she's a chart chaser. It could just mean that she's acknowledged the feat and is thankful. It doesn't always have to be the extremes.
Understand your point, but besides of the fact of whether she's obsessed with charts or cares or whatever, I don't think anyone works hard to release something for that to get a #50 position. None works hard to fail. There's money involved too. Of course she cares but not as much as others.
Bad_vocal_technique
Rubberband Analogy
Rubberband Analogy
Posts in topic: 39

I wish she could re establish her relationship with radio so her music has a wider audience. I just have no idea how she can do that.
Lana Del Rey
DevotionHURTS
VIP '23
VIP '23

Bad_vocal_technique wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:59 pm I wish she could re establish her relationship with radio so her music has a wider audience. I just have no idea how she can do that.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

FullCircle
VIP '23
VIP '23
Posts in topic: 4

I wonder if it's going to be a double album, 1 CD & 1 DVD or maybe it's only going to be available on streaming services. And just like KGB: ADOH 2 new songs, one in English and the other one in Spanish, a taste of what's to come
wanted
VIP '23
VIP '23

I think part of the problem is that interviewers continually ask her about Stripped because it's what every other interviewer does, and so we get stuck in a cycle of her talking about her past. Then, they likely edit anything about her upcoming material out other than the generic "feeling excited and reinvigorated", etc.

Unlike with Lotus, I don't think Christina's in a weird place where she feels obligated to put music out, and so I think it's just a matter of interviewers not really knowing what to ask her.
Marc
Rowdy & Dirrty
Rowdy & Dirrty
Posts in topic: 2

Just saw this on Twitter: